Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...are we gonna make a Disney+ topic for itself...or maybe a Disney+/Hulu topic...while this one stays here for Netflix and Amazon? Or are we just adding Disney+ discussion to this topic? I guess we should discuss/address this. :lol:

I'm personally leaning towards Disney+/Hulu being one topic, and Netflix/Amazon being a second. I know the latter doesn't make a ton of sense...but I think that makes the most sense in a weird way...

I personally don't mind the Disney+ stuff staying here. I mean, two of their 5 big selling points have their own topic already and there isn't even enough regular discussion here to really warrant a split. That's just my take. Its like the Streaming version of the TV discussion thread in here. Like, let Apple+ in here too (or is it Apple TV? Whatever the hell it's called)

Disney plus messed up The Simpsons

It's probably temporary.Not sure why people don't expect additional picture options to be added at a later date. - Also, for now I'm just editing this topic to include Disney+. If we want to change that at some point, we can.

So...I started watching this show Amphibia on D+...and I'm hooked. It's like a modern version of Smurfs, but with classic dark Simpsons humor. It's a lot like Gravity Falls, which I also loved. Some quality comedy in there, though. I definitely laughed out loud a bunch of times while I binged 4 or 5 episodes this morning.

My favorite thing about Disney+ is THEY HAVE MY TEACHERS PET!!!! IVE WANTED TO WATCH THIS AGAIN FOR A LONG TIME!! I own the movie but the series isnt on DVD or Blu-ray. Also RECESS!!!.

Also heard Cartoon Network is coming to HBO Max. So CN=HBO Max Nick=Netflix Disney=Disney+

I take it youre the kind of person to judge someone for no reason, huh? Zooming in on the TV. The *Censored*

They got the wrong aspect ratio. Hardly ruined is it

You're placing judgment on those who are bugged by the cropping (which is a legitimate complaint) by making that snide post. My response was merely an presumption. If the wrong aspect ratio isn't a real mess up to you, then surely you don't find zooming or stretching an image to fit your screen to be so bad, no?

I take it youre the kind of person to judge someone for no reason, huh? Zooming in on the TV. The *Censored*

They got the wrong aspect ratio. Hardly ruined is it

You're placing judgment on those who are bugged by the cropping (which is a legitimate complaint) by making that snide post. My response was merely an presumption. If the wrong aspect ratio isn't a real mess up to you, then surely you don't find zooming or stretching an image to fit your screen to be so bad, no?

No not really, can't say it's ever been a problem in my life.

Your reply was not an presumption, was it? It was just as snide as mine.

No not really, can't say it's ever been a problem in my life.

Your reply was not an presumption, was it? It was just as snide as mine.

It was a genuine guess based on what you said but read it however you want. You're certainly doubling down on the snide, though.

That's nice that it doesn't bug you but for some people who value and appreciate the work as it was intended to be viewed, it does. So instead of being needlessly derisive, how about you be a bit more understanding?

How the hell are we still *censored*ing up aspect ratios in 2019? Like full screens dead for a reason. Literally the reason TVs are shaped the way they are currently is to accommodate both widescreen and 4:3 aspect ratios. We found the solution, the problem shouldnt exist anymore.

They're catering to people who dislike black bars and think their screen needs to be filled for every program they watch. This recent thing with The Simpsons and Disney+ isn't new, unfortunately. It's been like this for years when the show was on the FXX/Simpsons World app.

I guess I just figured generally almost everybody was over that. Netflix as far as I know doesnt do it when they stream older shows. Ive never been a Simpsons guy so I didnt know this was an ongoing issue, I just know if the aspect ratio is wrong on something its unwatchable for me.

Some people just don't care enough (as evidenced above). Seinfeld and Buffy are two other shows, for instance, to have been reformatted to widescreen despite being shot and broadcasted in 4:3. Here's a pair of videos showing their issues:

Archived