Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Started 'The Staircase' the other day, two episodes in... not bad so far, it's kinda like 'The First 48' and 'Making a Murderer' went out and had a love child.

So yeah - I take back my "not bad so far" comment from the other day... this show is boring af, but my wife is going to try completing the season, for scientific purposes. XD

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... how much is Polar supposed to be like John Wick? Cause I feel like I just wasted two hours. It had it's moments but I would've been better off playing Red Dead

I didn't realize until I started that it was based off a web comic. The minute they started doing introduction shots I knew it was gonna be a bumpy ride. I was trying to remember if I saw smoking aces but that's the one with Common and A Keys in it. I don't think I like that one either

Finally got around to watching The Other Side of the Wind, Roma, and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs within the past few weeks or so.

Other Side of the Wind is something I feel like Im gonna have to rewatch multiple times. Theres just so much going on. I enjoyed my first viewing a lot, but I feel like its a film that deserves viewings and a lot of analysis.

Roma *censored*ed with my emotions harder than any movie has in recent memory. Im not even sure why the emotional beats hit as hard as they did. Just heartbreaking stuff thats sold with great performances.

My reaction to Buster Scruggs was just Welp, that was definitely a Coen Brothers movie. Thats about all I have to say about it.

Also watched both the Fyre documentaries. Despite not having the dick sucking for water scene, the Hulu one blows the Netflix one out of the water. That Fill Me Up Buttercup bit was great.

Watched Polar with the gang. We thought it was super fun. Can see why some people wouldn't like it, but it was dumb fun and fun to look at. Can't believe they cast Matt Lucas as the leader of that organisation, I *censored*ing hate Matt Lucas.

Watched Polar with the gang. We thought it was super fun. Can see why some people wouldn't like it, but it was dumb fun and fun to look at. Can't believe they cast Matt Lucas as the leader of that organisation, I *censored*ing hate Matt Lucas.

Yeah...that character was hard to tolerate. But, I guess that's the point. To present this person who is so grotesque and unsettling that you say "Wow...*Censored* that guy".

Archived