Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Finally getting my parents into Netflix recently. What are some obvious must watch shows I should show them? I blanked out when they asked me and they ended up picking Arrow. Surprised and happy they like it, but I know there's much better stuff for them to watch when they're finished lol. A big plus if you know the show comes with Spanish audio or subtitles.

Orange is the New Black

Mindhunter

Stranger Things

House of Cards

Ozark

Aha, Orange is the New Black. I just remember how shocked my mum was when she found me watching it.

But yeah, from what I've seen of the above, I would def say Stranger Things and House of Cards. Maybe Breaking Bad too, since they may be more patient viewers when it comes to TV shows so they may get into and enjoy that.

I would also say Money Heist since my mum loved the shit outta that when I put her on to it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Thank you guys, seriously. I've had Stranger Things on the list, though I'm not sure how my dad will feel about it. I showed him IT recently, he didn't really like it and called it a kids movie lmao.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hoping that 'The Christmas Chronicles' is going to be a good movie. It's got Kurt Russell, who is pretty much the *censored*ing man. So...I don't know how it could be bad. Should get the nod as a pretty solid holiday movie, I hope. And it drops on Thanksgiving. So, that's an easy solution to the question of what to watch on Thanksgiving.

• 4 weeks later...

Meanwhile, RIP Daredevil...

Because, Disney.

Said it once, I'll say it a hundred times; They said that the upcoming Disney service wouldn't touch Netflix.

They lied.

And I don't expect those Marvel shows to revived on the Disney platform. I'm sure they're just gone. But...it frees up the IPs and eliminates any competition that Disney would have with their own properties.

Because, Disney.

Said it once, I'll say it a hundred times; They said that the upcoming Disney service wouldn't touch Netflix.

They lied.

And I don't expect those Marvel shows to revived on the Disney platform. I'm sure they're just gone. But...it frees up the IPs and eliminates any competition that Disney would have with their own properties.

Yeah I was thinking their going to do a toned version. I think they realized they wanted complete control of these characters because retaining characters like X-Men,Hulk, and Spidey was a pain

Guest Fight Me.

I pay for both Hulu and Funimation anyway. Gonna guess that Hulu isn't getting everything on Funimation.

So, kind of a moot point for me personally.

You're right, they aren't getting everything lol

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1070028866679238656?s=19

I'd be so happy if they got DBZ back on Hulu. Probably not considering it's a big property but it would definitely get me to sign up again.

Because, Disney.

They lied.

Yeah I was thinking their going to do a toned version. I think they realized they wanted complete control of these characters because retaining characters like X-Men,Hulk, and Spidey was a pain

Disney did have complete control over those characters whilst they were on Netflix. Netflix was just distribution.

Never say never on the Netflix shows finding some form on continuation on the Disney streaming service. I mean they brought back Clone Wars and are making a show about a Star Wars character people care less about than the Netflix Marvel cast. Im not saying they will, but I definitely see it as a possibility.

Archived