Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Jurassic Park holds up for the exact reason that it hardly used any special effects and graphics. Something I wish more modern movies would do (rely heavier on practical effects). When practical effects are done right, they're flawless. Bad CGI will always be bad CGI. Even good CGI will almost always been recognizable as such. Physical props and puppets will always register as being a part of the scene itself...there's no risk of them looking like they don't belong. They may not look super realistic sometimes...but they always have the proper lighting and react appropriately with their surroundings...which is more important, honestly.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed the only time I ever notice the CG in the movie was when the T-Rex is coming out of the trees before the Jeep Chase that's the only real noticeable CG in the movie

I've been really getting into who's feeding Phil I don't know who this guy is but he just has his Corky personality that I just I'm So Into for cooking show but he seems like such a genuine guy

I'm curious. Anyone saw the images of the new She-Ra coming out on Netflix in November?

I did. And the art style is actually decent.

*sighs*

Let's just say the 'outrage' over the art style has been working my last nerves on social media.

God these people are retarded.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched 'Mary and the Witch's Flower' last night. It was good. Pretty consistent with what you would expect from a Studio Ghibli movie (even though it wasn't a Ghibli movie). Good bit of fantasy, though. If I was a little kid, I would have been 100% enthralled with it. As a grown-ass man, I was just like "yeah...this is pretty chill".

So my mom referred me to a documentary she has like a quick couple seconds in because it uses a clip of a video she made, gawd... it has to be 4 years ago minimum. But it's called The Bleeding Edge and it's about the medial device industry and how *censored*ed up it can be is.

It was early, I was tired, and I read the synopsis as this positive thing, and it starts off pretty positive, but you know when it comes to docs like this it doesn't stay that way. As time passes, I started hearing alot of the same stories she had told me about 4+ years ago and everything started to make sense. Not for the faint of heart but it's hella informative, even though it got me a tad bit angry all over again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess after The Simpsons and Futurama you pretty much know his style and it's okay nothing going to be like classic like Simpsons or Futurama I'm not going to just sit down and binge watch it I might watch it if I'm really really bored but I'm not going to go out of the way to see it it just seems so slow pace that it just I can't explain it but just drags on

Guest Fight Me.

Finally getting my parents into Netflix recently. What are some obvious must watch shows I should show them? I blanked out when they asked me and they ended up picking Arrow. Surprised and happy they like it, but I know there's much better stuff for them to watch when they're finished lol. A big plus if you know the show comes with Spanish audio or subtitles.

^ Stranger Things is probably a given. Ozark is awesome, and is about to have the second season airing. All the Marvel Netflix stuff, maybe...if they're into that. I don't know. All depends what they actually give a shit about. Also don't know what they have and haven't seen...(Breaking Bad, for example...is another given, but not Netflix exclusive, so maybe they've already seen it). There's a lot of great stuff on Netflix...just don't know what they'd be down for.

Finally getting my parents into Netflix recently. What are some obvious must watch shows I should show them? I blanked out when they asked me and they ended up picking Arrow. Surprised and happy they like it, but I know there's much better stuff for them to watch when they're finished lol. A big plus if you know the show comes with Spanish audio or subtitles.

Orange is the new black should be number 1. That and Stranger Things.

Orange is the New Black

Mindhunter

Stranger Things

House of Cards

Ozark

Archived