Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely not hyped for Lost in Space...but I'll watch it.

JJ gets a strong "meh" from me. Had to struggle through the first season. I'll watch that too, but it's on the bottom of my list. I have other movies/shows/video games/books that require my time before that.

I don't think it looks bad or anything. I'm just not hyped for it. I really only get hyped for things that are either things that I already really love (intellectual properties that I have a history of enjoying)...or, things that are entirely original and catch me by surprise. But, this is just a property that I never had much interest in. I will watch it, and I might enjoy it just fine. But, I'm not counting the days on the calendar...that's all. My definition of hype is like "I need it now!" :lol:

The tagline Netflix's FB page used for it was "E.T. meets Jurassic Park". Watching the trailer I'm certainly not seeing much Jurassic Park, so that's unfortunate. I don't typically like outer spaced themed films and TV. Star Wars, Firefly, nothing ever really clicked with me, but the shots in the trailer are very pretty, so I may at least take a look at it.

Pretty damn jealous of UK for getting Annihilation on Netflix. I'm sure that it's easy enough to find elsewhere, due to the digital distribution format. But it still kinda sucks that I can't just go watch it on the platform itself. Always found region exclusivity to be an odd beast.

Guest Fight Me.

So was Jessica Jones S2 any good? I enjoyed the first season

Halfway through and I think it's pretty good so far. Just finished episode 7, pretty interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally sat down and watched all of SOA. Show was really amazing. I wasnt expecting it to live up to the hype all my friends had been telling me. Of course Im late but glad I experienced it. Still my better than Breaking Bad like people assured me it would be. But damn close.

Sons was a good show, but it overstayed it's welcome I think. Season 7 was a bit diabolical and quite a lot in the later seasons they relied too much on the twist deus ex machina to get the characters out of trouble. I think that show should have ended perhaps on season 4, but still that being said, I did enjoy it a lot. I will have to rewatch soon.

Sons started as a good action/crime show...but then hopped demographics when they realized that every woman in the world was obsessed with Jax. After that, every episode just became focused on marital drama and relationships.

Like Creep said...by the time it finally ended, it was LONG overdue.

Guest Fight Me.

Random plug, but Johnny Impact/Mundo/Morrison's movie "Boone The Bounty Hunter" is out on Netflix. Actually rented it sometime last year and well, it's a stupid, but fun watch I guess lol. But hey, happy for Johnny. Dude said on Jericho's podcast last year that he put a bunch of his own money into this, even sold his house I believe and bet everything on this.

Archived