Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they took the worst parts of fantasy IMO. The generic Tolkien races, the generic magic wand and ... fairies. It's sort of like someone watched Narnia once and thought "how would that fit into 2017?" The idea of bringing in modern racial issues into a fantastical genre was the most interesting aspect. but they really bogged it down with crappy humour and pointless action. The pacing of the movie was also really weird, it felt like it ended three times.

The Foreigner was great fun. Good to see Jackie Chan do something serious for a change.

Cool to see a movie about British and Irish relations too.

Guest Fight Me.

Has anyone started the newest season of Black Mirror yet? Episode 1 is crazy good, but I'm kinda upset to hear it's the best episode of the season. Still looking forward to the rest though lol.

Literally everyone I've seen talking about the new Black Mirror is saying the first episode is the best one. So I know where he heard that.

Turns out a friend from school is Charlie Brooker's cousin. Thats p cool, although I've never watched the show.

Creep the horror about the woman in the London Underground? Or is there a different Creep movie?

No, a different movie.

I can't really explain too much about the plot without giving anything away...but it's basically a dude who puts out an ad for someone to come record the last moments of his life, under the notion that he's dying from cancer...and things keep getting weirder and weirder between the weird guy and the guy who he paid to do this video session. Really surprisingly good movie with a constantly building feeling of dread...right up to what I personally consider to be one of the best horror endings of all time. You should definitely watch the first Creep. I'll let you know about the second after I watch it...might be garbage. Hopefully not.

So me and some friends decided to watch the new Black Mirror today while only being vaguely familiar with it before hand.

My friends girlfriend had the best quote; this show is like the Banksy of TV, pretentious.

I watched Black Mirror for the first time last night after my sister insisted on watching it. Only one episode, but I thought it was pretty good. It was the first episode of the new season. Good performances and a compelling story. A bit of technobabble here and there for plot progression, but easily forgiveable. Yeah I'll probably end up watching more when I have free time and I'm in the mood for science fiction.

I was hyped for season 4 of Black Mirror, but for some reason it's still on hold.

Season 3 was mixed for me, even though it was top notch, some things I didn't like. So now I'm kinda iffy.

So me and some friends decided to watch the new Black Mirror today while only being vaguely familiar with it before hand.

My friends girlfriend had the best quote; this show is like the Banksy of TV, pretentious.

It really isn't though.

But it can come across in some episodes of season 3 that way I think. At least with some themes. So I'm guessing season 4 might be also on that track (haven't watched it yet).

There can be cliches and everything, and I think some people missed that or aren't that bothered by it. And I don't know if that is the reason, but the series started to dwell more into that when Netflix took over. And even then, it's still high quality.

Anyway, I don't think pretentious is the best way to describe it.

Archived