Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Its probably only for the foreign market considering Disney is in the midst of creating their own streaming service that will likely be domestic only for a while. I can imagine TFA and other Disney properties will be taken off ours if and when their service launches internationally.

Planet Earth II and the Chappelle stand-up special are the two things that stand out to me. - I never watched Planet Earth II when it aired on tv, because they aired it on BBC America, which is a non-HD channel. I couldn't bring myself to watch Planet Earth in shitty definition. Aside from that...cool to have Guardians 2 (for the people who haven't seen it yet, or want to watch it again). I'll also check out Bright (though I don't expect much from it).

Side note/suggestion - change the speed of the above video to 1.5 instead of the default speed...great way to see everything quickly without trying to skip and missing things.

Planet Earth and PE II are wonderful. David Attenborough is a national treasure. Hell, earthly treasure and itll be a sad day when he leaves us. Hes in his 90s and has been broadcasting since broadcasting began.

Attenborough has always felt like the closest thing to a Mr. Rogers character in modern media. I guess UK people probably aren't familiar with Mr. Rogers...but, yeah. The kindly old man who expands your understanding of the world. I guess that would be the takeaway. Definitely a worldly treasure. Getting people interested in a world that would otherwise feel foreign to them...that is a skill that I wish more people had. Anything with his name on it has an instant seal of approval.

PE II was a beautiful thing to watch.

Think I could go for it again on the new to tv, vibe it out while waiting for all the Blue Planet II episodes to come out.

I was really hoping for Black Mirror too... guess one more month then :(

Though not sure what to expect. I really like the production of first 2 seasons more. I guess the move to Netflix turned out to be ok, since I really liked most of it. I'm still kinda reserved with 4, since I tend to like more minimal production style of it. But hey if Charlie is good with it. Hopefully it doesn't target some cliches like I think it might.

Archived