Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I've been favoring Hulu over Netflix lately. Which is good, since I really didn't use Hulu much in the past, and I might as well get my money out of it. But, yeah...with the exception of something big, like Stranger Things later this month, I just find that Netflix has been slipping a bit.

I just got finished watching Strainguh Thangs, kinda the last person to hop on that train and I had absolutely nooooooooooooo interest in watching it before. Watched the first episode on a whim and thought it was pretty good. Then I watched like 3 more and I looooooooooooooove that sheeit. It's definitely worth all the hype. So glad the next season is basically right around the corner. The break between them will be nonexistant

Omg. Production started in 2009. The final draft was probably completed before Stranger Things came out.

Regardless, focusing on children/teens does not rip off other movies that focus on children/teens. That is ridiculous.

Theyre both set in the past and both focus on dorks. Thats about the only things they have in common.

Omg. Production started in 2009. The final draft was probably completed before Stranger Things came out.

Regardless, focusing on children/teens does not rip off other movies that focus on children/teens. That is ridiculous.

Theyre both set in the past and both focus on dorks. Thats about the only things they have in common.

"OMG" what? I'm not trying to defend that point of view I'm simply saying there is merit to the fact that IT probably took some stylistic ideas from Stranger Things after that came out and set a precedence for a modern sci fi horror starring kids. Nobody here is talking about IT ripping off anything, you're arguing with yourself.

And so what it started in 2009? That means nothing. Any movie they planned back would have looked COMPLETELY different to the movie that was actually released. And no I highly doubt the final draft was completed before ST came out, they constantly rework it and I guarantee you when the creators watched ST they incorporated some of the same elements in their own movie. If not them, then at least the marketing team.

Nobody here is saying IT ripped off Stranger Things, but Stranger Things 100% helped the creators of IT find their modern audience. It's called inspiration. You'd be an ignorant fool if you thought the former didn't help the latter's success.

Eh, I misunderstood your post. Completely my fault there.

And there's nothing wrong with inspiration. I just got annoyed because this person dismissed the movie and said it was shit because it copied. When It, a Stephen King film, influenced Stranger Things. One of the screenplays I'm writing also uses teens as the central characters in a horror plot so I guess I'm just touchy about it lol

• 2 weeks later...

I knew there would be too many comparisons between IT 2017 and Stranger Things.

Why wasn't Stranger Things compared to E.T., Original IT, The Goonies and Monster Squad?

Because none of them came out recently.

Ive seen and heard ST been compared to all of those. Its an 80s throwback sci fi, monster adventure flick starring children. Its taken inspiration from all of those listed and more. OF COURSE the show was compared to all of them.

ST hasnt been compared to IT too many times. Because like, how is that a bad thing? Both things are well written, produced and successful. Plus as they both came out recently its only natural for people to bring one up when talking about the other, hell I bet the creators of IT want us to mention them in same breath. The creators of ST also want us to talk about their show when talking about a major horror franchise such as IT, regardless of which version.

Archived