Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Not into anime brah

Then watching an adaption is pretty stupid

What? How do you even jump to a conclusion like that?

I like the *censored*ing director and watch every film he makes. The fact that I'm not willing to spend hours watching an anime show has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Not into anime brah

Do you like Western animation? I know anime has its little tropes like Gundams or over the top expressions and stuff, which I'm assuming you don't like that style and prefer something grounded,somewhat realistic?

If so, Death Note the series will give you just that. It's a very intense, intellectual drama. The movie's does not hold a candle to the anime.

Yeah. I watch some of the films and I'm super into Bojack Horseman and South Park. So with that said, whether it's realistic or not, doesn't really matter.

Just feel like anime has a certain style and it's never been something I got into. I wasn't shitting on folks for being into it. I watched the movie and didn't mind it...but that doesn't mean I care to seek out the source material just because fans are upset.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Star Trek Discovery lands on Netflix soon. Not a huge Trekkie, but it has a great cast. I think in a world of GOT's and TWD's there is a room for a major sci fi franchise of that ilk. I suppose Trek is ripe for picking at in that regard.

Star Trek Discovery lands on Netflix soon. Not a huge Trekkie, but it has a great cast. I think in a world of GOT's and TWD's there is a room for a major sci fi franchise of that ilk. I suppose Trek is ripe for picking at in that regard.

I thought Star Trek Discovery was exclusive to CBS's subscription service. I love star trek but not sure about this one and most trekkies are not looking forward to it.

I thought Star Trek Discovery was exclusive to CBS's subscription service. I love star trek but not sure about this one and most trekkies are not looking forward to it.

In America maybe, but Netflix pretty much everywhere else.

Yeah because fanbases constantly cry and complain about anything new. Why would you care what they say?

Because I agree with them. They're messing with the mythology even way more than Enterprise did. The timeline is in the original and not Kelvin (post 2009)

You may not care about fan bases complaining but Star Trek is mostly a fan base franchise.

In America maybe, but Netflix pretty much everywhere else.

That's pretty cool

Honestly the Star Trek fandom is one of the worst I've ever seen. They're so selfish in regards to what they perceive as "their" Star Trek.

Yeah can't deny that

Yeah because fanbases constantly cry and complain about anything new. Why would you care what they say?

Because I agree with them. They're messing with the mythology even way more than Enterprise did. The timeline is in the original and not Kelvin (post 2009)

You may not care about fan bases complaining but Star Trek is mostly a fan base franchise.

Cringe

Cringe

Cringe all you want but it's true. The films were never that huge nor even acclaimed for the most part until the 2009 film reboot where more casual fans embraced the franchise. The hardcore fans made the original films relevant.

The original series wasn't that much of a success and only lasted 3 seasons followed but a failed animated show but years later became a cult hit with a hardcore fan base growing because of reruns and the original film. New Generation and following shows each got 7 seasons because of hardcore trekkies supporting in every way.

Most hardcore fans hated Enterprise and it got cancelled after 3 seasons.

Creep is right that the Treekies are one of worst fan bases. Them and pro wrestling/IWC fans are equally definetly among the top worst in the world

Tbh I never saw Star Trek. I just hate when fanbases bitch about everything new and love everything old. Like I can't have a serious conversation with these close-minded *censored*s who aren't open to new interpretations or stories. Just stfu and go in with an open mind (not aimed at you).

For example:

I'm the biggest fan of Halloween and loved the original. Zombie changed a shit-ton and it's his own spin on it. I didn't enjoy his versions. But I respect that he tried and at least gave it multiple chances..

I'm also stoked for McBride and Gordon's take on Halloween. I don't care if they change stuff. They should.

And yeah, I agree that wrestling also has a terrible fanbase.

I'm the fan that is into the mythology of something than just a particular classic thing. The core source material is most important to me but am open to additions and changes as long as it's still faithful to the mythology in some way.

I'm not a Trekie but am a big star trek fan and I for one enjoyed Enterprise and the new films. I liked Rob Zombie's Halloween but his sequel was a huge example of a no no against the mythology for me.

To get back on the Netflix topic..Not a huge fan of Fuller House but I support it (I was a fan of the original as kid

I watched the pilot of Fuller House, and enjoyed the nostalgia of it...but I hated the new kids, and I never watched a single additional episode after that. I really should watch the whole thing at some point...just for shits and giggles. Like you said, I'm not opposed to it...it's just not something that I've gone out of my way to do.

Cringe
Cringe all you want but it's true. The films were never that huge nor even acclaimed for the most part until the 2009 film reboot where more casual fans embraced the franchise. The hardcore fans made the original films relevant.

The original series wasn't that much of a success and only lasted 3 seasons followed but a failed animated show but years later became a cult hit with a hardcore fan base growing because of reruns and the original film. New Generation and following shows each got 7 seasons because of hardcore trekkies supporting in every way.

Most hardcore fans hated Enterprise and it got cancelled after 3 seasons.

Creep is right that the Treekies are one of worst fan bases. Them and pro wrestling/IWC fans are equally definetly among the top worst in the world

The films were never huge nor acclaimed? I guess you've never heard of The Wrath of Khan.

That's one film and still not as huge as other films

Call yourself a fan of Star Trek and say that? Wrath of Khan is THE Star Trek film.
I wasn't talking about a single film though. I said the film franchise as a whole and even then, that film alone wasn't huge besides for mostly star trek fans

It really was though. It was a huge movie for the sci fi genre. It was Ricardo Montalban's performance of a lifetime. Don't be so ignorant.

Everyone else? Lmfao dude you were legit just arguing about Star Trek. Besides, it stemmed from the Star Trek ON Netflix conversation. It was on topic. Not very good at this debating thing are you?

And MCU? None because Disney are doing their own streaming service and all Disney owned marvel movies will be taken off Netflix and put on there.

Archived