Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

Not into anime brah

Then watching an adaption is pretty stupid

Not into anime brah

Do you like Western animation? I know anime has its little tropes like Gundams or over the top expressions and stuff, which I'm assuming you don't like that style and prefer something grounded,somewhat realistic?

If so, Death Note the series will give you just that. It's a very intense, intellectual drama. The movie's does not hold a candle to the anime.

However, this movie doesn't seem like a huge dumpster fire. Didn't finish it, but I know what happens. Light is a big dummy, which I don't like, but the end kinda stayed true. I didnt expect them to follow the anime to a tee for a two hour flick, but its not Dragonball Evolution. This had things that worked where's DB:e was trash

There's always one of you that always asks that question. Some people just don't like anime, don't like the visuals and aren't interested with in general.

I mean, putting "anime" into one big pile is pretty naive. Anime isn't a genre like a type of music would be or whatever. There's genres of anime I wouldn't watch, just like there's TV shows I wouldn't want etc. Putting all of it into one place is being close minded and eh why am I bothering this is Creep so he'll just tell me to kill myself and my opinions don't count anyway

Still though it'd be like saying "I don't like death metal, so I'm never listening to any music again"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not into anime brah

Then watching an adaption is pretty stupid

Not into anime brah

Do you like Western animation? I know anime has its little tropes like Gundams or over the top expressions and stuff, which I'm assuming you don't like that style and prefer something grounded,somewhat realistic?

If so, Death Note the series will give you just that. It's a very intense, intellectual drama. The movie's does not hold a candle to the anime.

However, this movie doesn't seem like a huge dumpster fire. Didn't finish it, but I know what happens. Light is a big dummy, which I don't like, but the end kinda stayed true. I didnt expect them to follow the anime to a tee for a two hour flick, but its not Dragonball Evolution. This had things that worked where's DB:e was trash

There's always one of you that always asks that question. Some people just don't like anime, don't like the visuals and aren't interested with in general.

I mean, putting "anime" into one big pile is pretty naive. Anime isn't a genre like a type of music would be or whatever. There's genres of anime I wouldn't watch, just like there's TV shows I wouldn't want etc. Putting all of it into one place is being close minded and eh why am I bothering this is Creep so he'll just tell me to kill myself and my opinions don't count anyway

Still though it'd be like saying "I don't like death metal, so I'm never listening to any music again"

I didn't say you should lump anime into one category. People just arent interested in animation in general, like myself. Therefor I wouldn't seek any out or go out of my way to watch upon recommendation. Same thing can be said for you and death metal. Death metal is quite varied, but if you're not interested then it's not going to happen. It's just human nature.

Also cmon, I've never told anyone to kill themselves. Grow up.

I didn't say you should lump anime into one category. People just arent interested in animation in general, like myself.

See, that's where it's differnet. If they were to say "I don't watch cartoons" then fair enough but when saying "I don't watch anime" is when it's different. Watching cartoons but then saying "I don't watch anime" is what that other guy was trying to see as they're the same thing so singling out anime and going out of your way to shit on it is when someone would then be shitting on it just because it's Japanese etc. You said you don't watch animation, so I guess cartoons - fair. That other guy, who is just going right out and saying "I don't watch anime" is pretty ignorant, as it's just lumping everything together, probably cuz they saw one 10 second clip of a chick with big tits or something then lumped all anime in together with it etc.

I would say I don't watch cartoons, but we were talking about anime and apparently people get upset if you call them cartoons.

Again, people aren't interested in animated things. The length that anime fans go to try and get everyone who questions it to watch one is mad. Why can't some of us just not want to? Doesn't interest us and that's fine. From what I've seen (and I'm not talking out of ignorance, I've seen several episodes of things) the animation style doesn't warrant any intrigue from me. And many other people.

It doesn't help that the fan base is incredibly off putting.

I would say I don't watch cartoons, but we were talking about anime and apparently people get upset if you call them cartoons.

Again, people aren't interested in animated things. The length that anime fans go to try and get everyone who questions it to watch one is mad. Why can't some of us just not want to? Doesn't interest us and that's fine. From what I've seen (and I'm not talking out of ignorance, I've seen several episodes of things) the animation style doesn't warrant any intrigue from me. And many other people.

It doesn't help that the fan base is incredibly off putting.

That's just the weeaboos who go too far. Anime is just Japanese cartoons and anyone who denies it is a bellend/weeaboo

Watched Death Note today and found it entertaining.

Liked it's twists and turns but I think they could had came up with a better ending (my opinion only).

film or anime? both are on there

assuming film, what did you like? and if you did enjoy it, watch the actual version as it's 500 times better (and is also on netflix so you wouldn't have to look around to find it)

The Death Note movie seemed like the director watched a lot of Final Destination and very little of the actual show. I don't mind creative licenses with stuff like this, but it seemed like everything that they changed were the things that made the show interesting.

Liked it's twists and turns but I think they could had came up with a better ending (my opinion only).

assuming film, what did you like? and if you did enjoy it, watch the actual version as it's 500 times better (and is also on netflix so you wouldn't have to look around to find it)

I liked the plot and the base of it. Most of all that the main character is not just a "dumb Teenager looking for revenge" but rather a intelligent Person (for the most part at least :P) that can look between the "Cards" and prevent some things by acting the way he did.

Also liked that the main character had "Grey lines" on him instead of being only "black or White" in his decisions and overall personality.

What his girlfriend will be up to became immediately predictable to me after the demon said "he likes her".

I love Anime but some types of drawing are not as appealing to me, will give the Anime a try though to see the differences. :)

I liked the plot and the base of it. Most of all that the main character is not just a "dumb Teenager looking for revenge" but rather a intelligent Person (for the most part at least :P) that can look between the "Cards" and prevent some things by acting the way he did.

Also liked that the main character had "Grey lines" on him instead of being only "black or White" in his decisions and overall personality.

What his girlfriend will be up to became immediately predictable to me after the demon said "he likes her".

I love Anime but some types of drawing are not as appealing to me, will give the Anime a try though to see the differences. :)

The anime is 50 bajillion times better. Plus they changed way too much from it. The movie also only covered like the first ten episodes or so

It's been automatically skipping intros on shows for years for me. I've always used Netflix on my PS4. After watching a few episodes in succession it will skip past the intro credits and sometimes "previously on" segments should that show have one.

Ay guys, should I watch the Death Note movie before the series? I've been avoiding the series like the plague because I've fallen out with anime for the most part, but the concept is so crazy I've been contemplating watching. I have a few shows in my queue but they're just sitting and I have no intentions on actually watching... too much other sheeit I'd rather watch. Last series I invested time in was FMA:Brotherhood and I don't know if that's still on Netflix but I tried to watch it and they didn't have all the eps so it screwed me all up (I don't think I ever got to watch FMA either due to that) until I recently rewatched the whole thing on Hulu.

But if I watch the Death Note series, I don't know if I'll stick with it. Just not sure if I should watch the movie first and think "Okay, so they say the show is better. Let's see what they did right" or watch the show first and think "Okay, so they say the movie is worse. Let's see what they *censored*ed up"

Ay guys, should I watch the Death Note movie before the series? I've been avoiding the series like the plague because I've fallen out with anime for the most part, but the concept is so crazy I've been contemplating watching. I have a few shows in my queue but they're just sitting and I have no intentions on actually watching... too much other sheeit I'd rather watch. Last series I invested time in was FMA:Brotherhood and I don't know if that's still on Netflix but I tried to watch it and they didn't have all the eps so it screwed me all up (I don't think I ever got to watch FMA either due to that) until I recently rewatched the whole thing on Hulu.

But if I watch the Death Note series, I don't know if I'll stick with it. Just not sure if I should watch the movie first and think "Okay, so they say the show is better. Let's see what they did right" or watch the show first and think "Okay, so they say the movie is worse. Let's see what they *censored*ed up"

The movie is shit but I guess if you watched that first, you'd enjoy the series more and also the movie more. Watch the series first and it's very likely watching the movie will make you want to kill yourself

The movie is shit but I guess if you watched that first, you'd enjoy the series more and also the movie more. Watch the series first and it's very likely watching the movie will make you want to kill yourself

The anime is far more superior and you'll see why first couple of episodes.

Muur, did you see Death Note: The last name (Japanese adaption)? Netflix version or that? I say Japanese by far.

Not of fan of Nat Wolff period.

The anime is far more superior and you'll see why first couple of episodes.

Muur, did you see Death Note: The last name (Japanese adaption)? Netflix version or that? I say Japanese by far.

Not of fan of Nat Wolff period.

Nah I haven't seen that. I heard the Japanese did a terrible attempt at a live action DN as well though, seems it's just a bad idea to live action anime shows.

Archived