Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

That Death Note live action was retarded and barely stuck to the source material. Changed half the names, L turned into a 45 year old Black man instead of a 17 year old pale white British kid, some some reason Misa (Mia in this) went to Light's school and Light actually liked her instead of faking it to seem normal and different people died entirely than the original

Was pointless really, it's barely the same thing

Also the main character is supposed to be Enstein level genius but instead he's your typical dumb American lead

Anyone who watches it without knowing of the actual real source material will think the original is shit but if the original was like this, it'd be one of the worst animes ever, instead of top 5 ever

Why are American versions of things terrible?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was Willem Dafoe as Ryuk? I've not subjected myself to the film yet.

Already seen few people comparing it to Dragon Ball Evolution in terms of quality.

Ryuk was actually really well done. Seemed like a direct counterpart to the anime version. Pretty much the only good thing they did.

Oh it's something Muur knows. I'm almost certainly not watching now.

Also not All American remakes are terrible. The Office primary amongst them.

Tis why I said most.

and it's an American live action version of one of the top rated animes of all time, expect it's awful as they don't seem to realise what made the original version any good

I know what WWE is

Stop watching

I thought it was tolerable until the last half hour, then it really went to shit.

I actually preferred the last half hour, as the chase and feris wheel shit were pretty good. In fact, I actually liked the feris wheel twist though

it would've been better if it did kill off both charaters, as the part when Light conveniently set it all up was BS. Especially the page falling into the fire. That was too unbelievable

How was Willem Dafoe as Ryuk? I've not subjected myself to the film yet.

Already seen few people comparing it to Dragon Ball Evolution in terms of quality.

Ryuk was actually really well done. Seemed like a direct counterpart to the anime version. Pretty much the only good thing they did.

Also not All American remakes are terrible. The Office primary amongst them.

Tis why I said most.

and it's an American live action version of one of the top rated animes of all time, expect it's awful as they don't seem to realise what made the original version any good

I know what WWE is

Stop watching

WWE is incredibly shit anyway

Watched Death Note. Don't give a *Censored* about anime but I like the director because I'm a huge fan of You're Next and The Guest.

I wasn't bored but it seemed rushed. Should have been a series or some shit.

Good job the original is a series

Real Death Note is already on Netflix too

There's a couple of live-action Japanese films too but they aren't on Netflix, in the UK at least.

Wondering if people think I should rename this topic to something like the "Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime" topic...or just leave it as is.

Yeah, I think changing it would be a good idea.

Not into anime brah

Do you like Western animation? I know anime has its little tropes like Gundams or over the top expressions and stuff, which I'm assuming you don't like that style and prefer something grounded,somewhat realistic?

If so, Death Note the series will give you just that. It's a very intense, intellectual drama. The movie's does not hold a candle to the anime.

However, this movie doesn't seem like a huge dumpster fire. Didn't finish it, but I know what happens. Light is a big dummy, which I don't like, but the end kinda stayed true. I didnt expect them to follow the anime to a tee for a two hour flick, but its not Dragonball Evolution. This had things that worked where's DB:e was trash

Not into anime brah

Do you like Western animation? I know anime has its little tropes like Gundams or over the top expressions and stuff, which I'm assuming you don't like that style and prefer something grounded,somewhat realistic?

If so, Death Note the series will give you just that. It's a very intense, intellectual drama. The movie's does not hold a candle to the anime.

However, this movie doesn't seem like a huge dumpster fire. Didn't finish it, but I know what happens. Light is a big dummy, which I don't like, but the end kinda stayed true. I didnt expect them to follow the anime to a tee for a two hour flick, but its not Dragonball Evolution. This had things that worked where's DB:e was trash

There's always one of you that always asks that question. Some people just don't like anime, don't like the visuals and aren't interested with in general.

Archived