Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chronicle was really good and I liked American Ultra. Didn't see the Frankenstein movie, but if a movie is shit it's largely more on the director than it is on the screenwriter.

Chronicle was a very solid movie. I thought American Ultra was rather bland. Victor Frankenstein was a bit terrible.

He did write Dirk Gently which was really solid and also a Netflix funded project. So with that in mind maybe this movie has potential. I like Max Landis a lot he's been a guest on several of my favourite movie YouTube channels, but I do think it's a flip of a coin when a project of his comes out.

I watched the entire 10 episode season in one day. Lol.

Only complaint is...

I don't get these shows that have unnecessary levels of gayness in them. That FBI agent being super gay really doesn't add anything to the show at all...and the blowjob scene was just downright uncomfortable.

Only complaint is...

I don't get these shows that have unnecessary levels of gayness in them. That FBI agent being super gay really doesn't add anything to the show at all...and the blowjob scene was just downright uncomfortable.

It's 2017 man. Must be some sort of requirement at this point. Every show features a character or two. Even the show I said I started.

Not that I care but it does seem forced in some shows.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm betting their streaming service will underperform. Will still probably be somewhat successful because Disney has it's diehard fans, but the average person is going to save money in the long run if they just buy all the Disney movies they really love. Too many people are trying to start these services without understanding that the market can't support ten streaming services. Most people just pick one on top of the Amazon Prime subscription they likely already have. The average person doesn't have enough money to spend on five different $10+ streaming services a month.

Disney tried to get into the whole toys to life video game market and logically they should have killed the competition. They had the most iconic characters as opposed to their competitor in Skylanders. Yet they got destroyed because kids were already committed to the whole Skylanders thing and their parents probably didn't want to spend money on another overpriced game.

Yeah...I like me some Disney movies. But, it comes down to repetition. I can't be paying every production company a separate $4.99 or $7.99 or $9.99 for their content. These companies need to realize this shit and stop pushing for their own platforms. It's too much. I don't want to keep track of a dozen different streaming bills. And Disney is definitely one that I can just forgo.

I think it'll be moderately successful similar to the WWE Network, but I can't see anyone else other than big Disney fans subbing to it. Maybe parents will sub to it for their kids and fans of the MCU/Star Wars will, but those people tend to buy blu-rays anyway.

Seems like a bad idea to me, but eh.

I think it'll be moderately successful similar to the WWE Network, but I can't see anyone else other than big Disney fans subbing to it. Maybe parents will sub to it for their kids and fans of the MCU/Star Wars will, but those people tend to buy blu-rays anyway.

Seems like a bad idea to me, but eh.

That too.

I think that instead of subbing to a streaming service for Disney, it would be a more logical use of money to put that $7.99 or $9.99...or whatever the charge ends up being - you just take that and put it into a collection, and then you buy a new Disney DVD each month or something. And for that matter, doesn't Disney even have a physical rewards club that works exactly like that? Or similar, at least?

There's just so much redundancy here... you'd really need to be the kind of person who watches Disney movies every day...the same ones over and over. And you'd need to be the kind of person who has no physical space in your house/apartment for a physical collection. Otherwise, it's just not a good use of money at all.

Also, depending on what's available on the service, I guess it would be good to get one single month or two, watch all of the content with your kids, and then unsub. But you'll have a lot of people unsubbing if that's the case. Or, never subbing at all (if there's a trial period).

Only complaint is...

I read this before I started watching Ozark so going into it I was expecting this camp, effeminate, flamboyant...you know...stereotypes...FBI agent, I watched the season over the weekend and what I was expecting wasn't the case...at all...I find your definition of him being "super gay" to be a strange one and your claims of "unnecessary levels of gayness" to be odd as well. He's a gay male character that...shock horror...has intimate relationships with other men! Why's that branded as "unnecessary" it wasn't even particularly gratuitous compared to a lot of other stuff in the show. That scene was uncomfortable but all the sex scenes were.

^ No...it was definitely unnecessarily gay.

But, this is coming from someone who thinks that the majority of sex scenes in movies are completely unnecessary to begin with...even between males and females. When there's a gay blowjob scene in a movie or show, complete with wet gagging sounds...I don't know, it just personally strikes me as being unnecessarily gay.

I don't know why movies and shows are hell bent on having sex scenes all the damn time anyway. Like I said...that goes for gay and straight scenes. Sex scenes are ridiculous these days. You can hint at the relationship status between characters without being like "Annnnd now they're boning. Sit here and watch them bone". And I'm not a prude in the least bit. But, yeah...movies need to stop with that shit when it doesn't lend itself to the actual story at all.

An acceptable level of gayness would have been two dudes getting out of bed, with it being obvious that they just had gay sex. But...a blowjob scene, where the guy tilts his head back and goes "Ahhhhhh"...and you hear "squish squish squish"...is *censored*ing gross. I don't need to be seeing that shit for any reason.

Bro it doesn't matter whose giving me head, there's gonna be wet gagging sounds male or female. Unless you're getting dome from somebody with a mouth like Steven Tyler or something.

None of what you just said is relevant to whether it's too much for a movie/show.

I never acted like those sounds didn't belong there. I said it was too much.

So I got a question if Disney owns Marvel and Disney put all their content off Netflix does that include all original Marvel shows on Netflix

Reportedly, no.

The Netflix shows were on there as part of a different deal. The deal that Disney is ending, is merely the one that they inked to put all of their movies on Netflix straight from the theater...and presumably the classic Disney movies as well. Basically, they want the content that when you see it, you think of Disney. They want to build a Disney platform. The Netflix shows are too adult for that. And you think of Netflix when you see them anyway. They want their Star Wars, their Pirates of the Caribbean, their Avengers, etc. All the kid-friendly shit. The deal that Marvel has with Netflix for those shows is a specific deal that's separate from everything else.

Archived