Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember why I stopped watching midway through season 2 (might of just been too busy at the time). But heard towards the end it went downhill

:( thats not encouraging to hear...

I'm going to give it a shot regardless, I'm on break and need something to watch

The second season sucked. But the first and third are amazing...

Haven't seen the latest yet.

I'll probably give it a second chance. Vera was awesome

Anybody see the trailer for the Hogan/Gawker movie? Kind of pissed me off. Seems like they are comparing two completely separate things to glorify Gawker in that situation. Basically they're saying that Peter Thiel paved the way for the Trump "fake news" stuff by essientially funding the case that shut Gawker down. I don't know if they'll mention that Gawker was given the choice to not post Hogan's sex tape, and again given the option of taking it down before this lawsuit and both times they chose not to. Don't know if they'll mention reporting on the president is a completely different from publishing a private sex tape of a celebrity in terms of being newsworthy. Don't know how they'll frame Gawker outing Anderson Cooper, Shepard Smith, and Peter Thiel himself as gay men without their consent, the last of which being why Thiel funded Hogan's lawsuit. I'm predicting they'll frame Thiel as a villain for using money to shutdown a tabloid site and spread fear into the viewer that any billionaire can shut down journalists, all while ignoring the fact that Gawker didn't go bankrupt from legal costs, they went bankrupt because they lost the case in the court of law they knowingly went into and were given the option of avoiding.

I just think that site did some incredibly scummy things and for them to be portrayed as victims after the shit they pulled just gets on my nerves. Like to compare the situation to Trump decrying all forms of media that report negatively on him is just incredibly manipulative. Like I said, there's just no comparison to be made between that and outing a guy like Shepard Smith or Anderson Cooper as gay before they were ready to reveal that to the public.

Finished season 3 of Black Mirror...

Felt like a hit and miss season for me episode wise.

You're nuts lol.

Every episode is still a lot better than your average thriller/horror film. Only one I wasn't big on was the final episode with the bees. But even that is considered amazing by most..

Finished season 3 of Black Mirror...

Felt like a hit and miss season for me episode wise.

You're nuts lol.

Every episode is still a lot better than your average thriller/horror film. Only one I wasn't big on was the final episode with the bees. But even that is considered amazing by most..

I thought the payoff of episode 1 and 3 was dissappointing to say the least.

I feel like episode 1 didn't even have a payoff.

I loved episode 2 and 4,right up until the end

Why after that amazing speech about the fact that this reality feels empty Kelly decided to enter the world along with Yorkie?

I thought that was an ultimate letdown making this whole amazing episode fall a little flat.

Episode 5 was okay and I loved episode 6 but hated the happy-cheesy-hollywoodish ending.

Isn't episode 2 "Playtest" with Wyatt Russell? That's my favourite episode of the entire series.

But I don't know...for me...the endings in season 3 worked for me haha.

Yes it is.I loved how smooth the "horror" part came into the episode.

Also Wyatt's performance was phenomenal in my opinion.

Kurt Russell? What? When?

It's Wyatt Russell.I took Beard's post for granted :P because I remembered that the actor was called Russell but the name couldn't come to mind.

It would be very interesting though to see Kurt Russell in an episode of Black Mirror.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived