Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Netflix Original Dirk Gently's Hollistic Detective Agency. Really like Max Landis, Elijah Wood was a huge part of my childhood and so far it's been incredibly intriguing. Idk wtf is going on, but I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend not looking up anything about it until you're finished. Not for spoilers but because people generally feel very strongly one way or the other about that show and that could influence how you feel watching it.

Tried watching Lost recently. Couldn't finish the first season, most of the characters ended up pissing me off about 16 episodes in.

Oh look we found a polar bear on a topical island ... No one talks about it for 10 episodes. Ain't got time for that

People gotta lay off calling everything they don't like "pretentious"...

You probably just don't like philosophical/spiritual shit. Doesn't make the show pretentious.

Don't know what OA is...

...but yeah, I *censored*ing hate that word when snobby critics use it to describe film/television shows. Or when some people who just don't understand a film throw that word around because they're insecure *censored*s

I just caught the ending of the OA without any context and t was the funniest thing I've seen in my entire life. My sides were destroyed. Phyllis was getting down.

I could see that...if you didn't watch the rest of it.

I think it's worth watching the rest to understand why they were doing that though.

Also, that's kinda the point of the ending...is to not know whether what they're doing is complete bullshit that just happens to distract the kid long enough to be stopped...or if there's actually something to it. Even when you watch the whole series, you're left feeling like it could be either way. I liked that. I like that the show wasn't like "miracles exist"...it was just like "this could have been a miracle...or a crazy chick could have just influenced a bunch of random unstable people to lose their minds and learn a stupid dance under the pretense of hope"... :lol:

I mean...they could have had the dancing literally stop bullets or bring people back from the dead...but they did none of that...they just represented it as a distraction, which leaves you to make your own conclusions about the validity of the entire script. Either way, I think the show accomplished what it set out to...which was just to show that "angels" exist in normal people who go out of their way to help others.

I just caught the ending of the OA without any context and t was the funniest thing I've seen in my entire life. My sides were destroyed. Phyllis was getting down.

"Without context" meaning what? Without watching the rest of the show? Thought it was a good ending in the context of everything that happened through the course of the show.

Yeah pretty much. Don't really have any desire to watch it. I feel like watching it will ruin one of the funniest videos I've ever seen.

Finished Bloodline season 1 last night, then watched the Bloodline season 2 premiere... good stuff, wish we finished watching it weeks ago. Kind of like Uncharted 4, I found it to be somewhat of a slow burn.

Goddamn this show is fantastic.Some of the best developed and well written characters I have ever seen in a TV show.

I watched season 1 and I am currently on episode 5 of season 2.

The hype is real man.Keep watching.It keeps getting better and better.This show puts some of the most hyped shows to shame with the consistency of the writting and somehow makes everything so well connected with eachother without a single plothole.Seriously I haven't noticed a single one in 18 episodes.

Must watch for anyone who likes drama series,especially social-family ones.

It deserves way more recognition that it currently has.

Archived