Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hesitant to watch Stranger Things at this point. Everyone is acting like its the second coming of Jesus so I feel I have completely unattainable expectations for it now. I'll probably have to wait a little while for the hype to die down.

I care about a second season more than I care about a second coming of Jesus.

It's cool that the Stranger Things people have been putting out fresh content this whole time. We may not get new episodes any time soon...but they've been putting up interviews with the cast, virtual reality videos where you walk through the house with the Christmas lights, they did something where they interviewed the kids and then had a staged room where scary shit started happened mid interview (that one was hilarious)...they had a screening in a theater where they altered the entire landscape outside of the theater so it would look like the upside down when the people came out. Been pumping out a lot of great content.

I'm hesitant to watch Stranger Things at this point. Everyone is acting like its the second coming of Jesus so I feel I have completely unattainable expectations for it now. I'll probably have to wait a little while for the hype to die down.

I care about a second season more than I care about a second coming of Jesus.
Well you're in luck since Netflix said "They'd be stupid not to" make another season.

I was catching prequel vibes from a FB post...it was something along the lines of "Will was not the first child to disappear, number Eleven was not the first subject, monsters are real". I don't know how I'd feel about a prequel. Honestly do think that the original cast is important to the success of the series going forward. Not trying to kid myself though...I'd watch a prequel anyway.

Anyone watch the season 2 finale of Scream? It was so good! Love this show so much and I'm so excited for the next season! Love the song choices in this show as well.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Had a hunch it was Kieran, *censored*ing scumbag. I suspected him but I'm still shocked. Poor Eli, began to care about him at the very end. So glad Audrey is still alive, she and Noah are my favorites. I'm guessing/hoping Brooke will be okay, sucks we have to wait until the next season to know for sure though.

Anyone watch the season 2 finale of Scream? It was so good! Love this show so much and I'm so excited for the next season! Love the song choices in this show as well.

MAJOR SPOILERS

Had a hunch it was Kieran, *censored*ing scumbag. I suspected him but I'm still shocked. Poor Eli, began to care about him at the very end. So glad Audrey is still alive, she and Noah are my favorites. I'm guessing/hoping Brooke will be okay, sucks we have to wait until the next season to know for sure though.

I never expected it to be Kieran, Also you can see Brooke at the end eating with Stavo. Tbh I never cared about Eli he was just annoying to me. Noah he still annoys me but I'm glad he isn't dead. Is next season in October?

Right forgot that they showed Brooke again, my bad. I never cared for Eli either but for some reason I began to right before he was killed. And from what I read they haven't even renewed it yet for a 3rd season. So, assuming they do renew it (as they can't leave it like that), it won't be for quite some time.

I've seen people say they don't like Stranger Things because it's just a copy of 80's sci fi flicks. Like ... it's supposed to be lol. It's a tributary amalgamation of classic 80's nostalgia and it's so popular because it's very well presented, performed and written. The plot is simple, but it didn't need to be massively complex.

Hell it even has one-for-one camera shots of classic sci fi movies.

Right forgot that they showed Brooke again, my bad. I never cared for Eli either but for some reason I began to right before he was killed. And from what I read they haven't even renewed it yet for a 3rd season. So, assuming they do renew it (as they can't leave it like that), it won't be for quite some time.

Weird as it says new episodes in October.

I wish season 3 would start all over with a new cast. Obviously won't but yeah.

I've seen people say they don't like Stranger Things because it's just a copy of 80's sci fi flicks. Like ... it's supposed to be lol. It's a tributary amalgamation of classic 80's nostalgia and it's so popular because it's very well presented, performed and written. The plot is simple, but it didn't need to be massively complex.

Hell it even has one-for-one camera shots of classic sci fi movies.

Those people are stupid neckbeards. Can't stand complaints like that.

Weird as it says new episodes in October.

I wish season 3 would start all over with a new cast. Obviously won't but yeah.

Really? Huh, well I only did a quick Google search and all I could find was that it wasn't renewed. Guess it was wrong then.

I wouldn't mind Scream going on with a completely new cast, even though I love some of the characters. Or even just bring in more regular characters.

Scream isn't bad as something to watch pass the time but I find myself not really caring about any of the characters which going into it, I thought would've been the one advantage that a slasher has as a show rather than a movie. Also, one of the main characters is insanely irritating which almost put me off the show completely.

Just read that Black Mirror Season 3 airs on October 21st. :D

Archived