Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody here watch Scream The TV series?

Yep.

Really? I thought I was the only one.

I watch anything horror.

It's a fun show. I hate some of the characters with a passion (like Emma) and I can see how it can be too cheesy for some audiences but that is a staple of slasher films. The mystery keeps me coming back.

Does anybody here watch Scream The TV series?

Yep.

Really? I thought I was the only one.

I watch anything horror.

It's a fun show. I hate some of the characters with a passion (like Emma) and I can see how it can be too cheesy for some audiences but that is a staple of slasher films. The mystery keeps me coming back.

Same i hate Emma but I really like Brooke, I also agree with you there are times when im just like this is dumb but then there is something else that brings me back in

I'll watch Stranger Things when i'm finished with Shameless. I only have a few more episodes to go.

UK or US?

Don't tell me they made a US version? I know they tried that shit with The Inbetweeners. It only worked for The Office, why do they feel the need to do it? Stupid muricans

I'll watch Stranger Things when i'm finished with Shameless. I only have a few more episodes to go.

UK or US?

Don't tell me they made a US version? I know they tried that shit with The Inbetweeners. It only worked for The Office, why do they feel the need to do it? Stupid muricans

Shameless? Yeah, there is a US version. I don't watch it. I never knew there was a UK version either...but the US version of Shameless is very popular. A shitload of people watch it. It stars William H Macy.

UK or US?

US

UK or US?

It's good though.

I'll believe that when I see it. The only good American version was The Office and that far surpassed the original. Part of the charm of Shameless was that it was inherently British through and through.

I'll believe that when I see it. The only good American version was The Office and that far surpassed the original. Part of the charm of Shameless was that it was inherently British through and through.

From what I've seen of the US Shameless...it's just about a family that is incredibly dysfunctional...made up of criminals and addicts, and there's some underlying story about homosexuality and acceptance. Don't know...my mom watches it, and I find the whole show to be a bit on the annoying side (especially the intro song). I just know that it is a hugely popular show among the general masses.

What about any of that stuff is "inherently British", then?

America has plenty of addicts and criminals, and homosexuals...and definitely dysfunctional families...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...it was inherently British because it was filmed in Britain with British actors? That doesn't really make it "inherently British". Usually if something is "inherently" anything, it's because the story and theme of the show only lends itself to one region. If it can be adapted to a US audience simply by changing the setting and characters while keeping the same story of the dysfunctional family, I don't see it being inherently British. It's not like the entire concept of the show falls apart from the transition between the UK and US version. You just said "it's exactly the same as ours"...in your own words.

Archived