Official Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Disney+/HBO Max Topic

Generations

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody here watch Scream The TV series?

Yep.

Really? I thought I was the only one.
I watch anything horror.

It's a fun show. I hate some of the characters with a passion (like Emma) and I can see how it can be too cheesy for some audiences but that is a staple of slasher films. The mystery keeps me coming back.

Same i hate Emma but I really like Brooke, I also agree with you there are times when im just like this is dumb but then there is something else that brings me back in

Yeah some of the chase scenes are *censored*ing awful.

I like Brooke too. She's hot, she's tough and she doesn't whine all the time like Emma.

Loved tonight's episode. Actually made me feel shit.

Season 2 of Stranger Things will pick up one year after the events of season 1.

Is this just a prediction of what you think will happen, or is this official?

In an interview with IGN, the Duffer brothers said the child actors are a year older and it is noticeable so the kids in the show have to age a year.

Does anybody here watch Scream The TV series?

Yep.

Really? I thought I was the only one.
I watch anything horror.

It's a fun show. I hate some of the characters with a passion (like Emma) and I can see how it can be too cheesy for some audiences but that is a staple of slasher films. The mystery keeps me coming back.

Same i hate Emma but I really like Brooke, I also agree with you there are times when im just like this is dumb but then there is something else that brings me back in

Yeah some of the chase scenes are *censored*ing awful.

I like Brooke too. She's hot, she's tough and she doesn't whine all the time like Emma.

Loved tonight's episode. Actually made me feel shit.

I know, normally I don't like Noah but I felt for him (mainly because I liked Zoey)

Sure, the selection might be larger... but by no means is it an "OMFG greatest selection ever" once you see it all.

The only reason why I keep my Netflix account running is for their original shows at this point...

Oh quiet guys. Both of you have it better than us Canadians.

WORST SELECTION PERIOD.

Must be true, I've heard that many times over from several different Canadian friends.

Sorry to hear that, eh? lol

I happen to like what Netflix offers. I watch a lot of obscure older stuff, and I don't mind watching corny movies either. There's a decent selection of old Kung Fu movies on there...some pretty good foreign films, cheesy horror, 80's, etc. Everyone complains that there's nothing to watch on Netflix, but I always have a queue of about 40 things. I think people either have really narrow interests, or just don't know what to search for. Granted, there is a LOT of rubbish on there, but there are tons of gems if you go out of your way to find them...which I'm inclined to do with any service that I pay for. Gotta get every penny's worth.

Oh quiet guys. Both of you have it better than us Canadians.

WORST SELECTION PERIOD.

Must be true, I've heard that many times over from several different Canadian friends.

Sorry to hear that, eh? lol

That stereotype is 100% true. I use "eh" on a daily basis. Probably in every conversation. I also *censored*ing love beer.

...but yeah, our Netflix is bad. I've changed my code and had the American one countless times before that DESTROYS ours.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes of Stranger Things so far and it's really good. It really does capture the 1980's style really well. I wasn't alive in the 80's but i'm a big fan of most things from that time. I really like the music in this show, both the soundtrack and the synth score. At the end of episode 2 when The Bangles version of Hazy Shade of Winter started, I was like "AWESOME!!!" and got really excited but then the episode was over but i let the credits finish just to hear the song. I look forward to the rest of the season.

I happen to like what Netflix offers. I watch a lot of obscure older stuff, and I don't mind watching corny movies either. There's a decent selection of old Kung Fu movies on there...some pretty good foreign films, cheesy horror, 80's, etc. Everyone complains that there's nothing to watch on Netflix, but I always have a queue of about 40 things. I think people either have really narrow interests, or just don't know what to search for. Granted, there is a LOT of rubbish on there, but there are tons of gems if you go out of your way to find them...which I'm inclined to do with any service that I pay for. Gotta get every penny's worth.

I would say I'm a pretty open-minded film viewer. I watch all kinds of movies... Cult films, genre films, Classic Hollywood, blockbusters, silent cinema, foreign well-knowns, foreign unknowns --- all ranging from the start of cinema to the beginning of this decade, so this "narrow interests" thing doesn't quite fit me. Nor does this notion of not knowing what to search for. I would say I know my tastes pretty damn well. I have an endless backlog of movies to watch, very little of which Netflix can fulfill. How do I know? Because I've searched.

I don't fault Netflix too much though for not having the movies I want. It's a licensing thing. I get it. But it bugs me when someone acts like Netflix is some go-to-film-haven. For film-obsessed fanatics like me, it totally isn't. It's way too hit-or-miss and unreliable. The best place I've found is my local library. They're not perfect but they've fulfilled my film needs far more often than Netflix. Plus, it's absolutely free to rent.

You gotta get every pennies worth, but when you don't pay for it then who cares? :P

I only really keep Netflix for the originals. The Marvel stuff so far has all been really great, OITNB is a great thing to binge every year, Beasts of No Nation was a touching film. I've yet to sit down watch House of Cards and I'm sure I'm missing out on a couple things. Netflix has allowed me to watch a few american shows that I really love, The Office was one a few years ago before they took it of. It's Always Sunny & Community are more recent ones. Aside from those I don't really find Netflix all that worth it.

PTW, I'm not taking a shot at you or anything. But I don't see how anyone with diverse interests could say there's nothing to watch on Netflix. I mean...that's kind of an outlandish statement. The search feature on Netflix could certainly be more user friendly. You need to wade through a bunch on crap to find good stuff. It's not easy to find things on there. You need to dig deeper than just browsing through the genres and the suggestions...but when you dig (and I mean, truly dig)...then surely there is something for everyone. There's like tens of thousands of things to watch on Netflix. Not all of it can be complete crap. I can get lost on Netflix almost as easily as I can get lost on youtube. Start at one point, dig yourself a hole...you'll find something worth watching.

Anyway...more Stranger Things stuff. Check out this dude jamming on the theme song:

https://www.facebook.com/lukemillionmusic/videos/1174347985939829/?pnref=story

Who's saying there's nothing to watch? Of course there's stuff to watch (notably their original programming if you're into that). My argument is that overall they're not a great, reliable outlet for movies. They have a limited selection that fails to cover any significant amount of the history of film. So for that reason, from a person who is very film-oriented, they're trash. And, once again, it's not a matter of not looking. I know exactly what I'm looking for. I know what will catch my eye. And it's rare when that occurs. But when it does (such as recently discovering that Guy Maddin's Forbidden Room is currently streaming) it's a pleasant surprise. I welcome and cherish such discoveries but they're disappointingly few and far between.

I'm hesitant to watch Stranger Things at this point. Everyone is acting like its the second coming of Jesus so I feel I have completely unattainable expectations for it now. I'll probably have to wait a little while for the hype to die down.

Archived