Jimmy Snuka Could Be Charged With Murder Today

Rekka_No_Ryo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former professional wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka pleaded not guilty Monday to charges of third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter stemming from the 1983 death of his 23-year-old girlfriend, Nancy Argentino.

The Associated Press reported the news and indicated Snuka was having trouble responding to questions during his arraignment at the Lehigh County Courthouse in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Snuka's defense team said he may not be mentally competent to stand trial.

"He has his good days and his bad days," said attorney Robert Kirwan II, who added Snuka has early onset dementia and post-concussion syndrome. "This is a good day."

Snuka, 72, lives in New Jersey and has health issues beyond the aforementioned ailments, which were likely caused by his WWE Hall of Fame career. He underwent surgery in August to remove lymph nodes as part of his treatment for stomach cancer.

Kirwan has said Argentino's death was an "unfortunate accident." A grand jury ruled in September that Snuka had caused Argentino's death by beating her at a hotel room the couple occupied in Whitehall Township—a suburb of Allentown—which led to the murder charges.

Although Judge Kelly Banach issued a gag order, per the prosecution's request, Kirwan objected, saying it would hinder the defense in building its case.

- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2585459-jimmy-superfly-snuka-pleads-not-guilty-to-1983-murder-charges?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I don't feel sorry about him if he really did it (it could had really being an accident after all) cause if he did, he is already paying with all the illness he has to carry with him day in, day out.

Who I feel sorry for is Tamina and what she will have to go through when it comes to this cause he is her father after all and even she has nothing to do with the case, she will have to deal with it anyway, one way or another. :(

He should still be penalized for his crimes. The day people get excused for murder based on age, is the day this world officially hits the shitter. Reminds me of some of the discussions I have on some Organized Crime forums where guys believe old aged mobsters shouldn't be tried in court for murders they committed 20+ years ago. Jimmy Snuka is no gangster but he took a life. He deserves whatever harsh penalty he gets, IMO.

He should still be penalized for his crimes. The day people get excused for murder based on age, is the day this world officially hits the shitter. Reminds me of some of the discussions I have on some Organized Crime forums where guys believe old aged mobsters shouldn't be tried in court for murders they committed 20+ years ago. Jimmy Snuka is no gangster but he took a life. He deserves whatever harsh penalty he gets, IMO.

Out.

He could still be punished without going to prison or whatever. But, I mean...what does the dude even do at this point in his life? The point of prison is to remove your freedoms. If you sit in one corner of your house and you cant read and you can't write, and you have dementia, and you're slowly dying...then prison is literally just wasting tax dollars to take care of your ass. How is that a punishment?

if he's guilty, they'll throw him in prison. the courts are so f'd, i remember i read several years ago, they prosecuted someone for murder they committed......IN THE 1800's! yeah, THE 18 GOD DAMN HUNDREDS! the guy was long dead, so what the serious f*** difference did it make? but as i said, the courts are f'd up.

Out.

There are other interesting things on the internet outside of wrestling and things you like, you know. But yeah, the point still stands, you do the crime you pay the time, had he fessed up and taken blame a lot earlier, I doubt he'd be going through this. The fact that he went throughout life lying about it and constantly rehashing and changing the story when asked about has influenced the prosecutors decisions here.

No, it's a self existing forum. And there's more than one. There's nothing weird about it at all, except maybe to you and Generations. Its informative about law and ethnic and geographical history, being from NY. Like I said, the main reason are for law purposes, like learning how to conduct an successful Racketeering case and all thats involved in it. If you have no interest in such things, that's cool too, but don't try to criticize because it differs from what you might find worthy of ones interest.

Archived