Jimmy Snuka Could Be Charged With Murder Today

Rekka_No_Ryo

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since news of Snuka being charged broke yesterday, WWE has issued an official statement on the matter and noted Snukas current WWE Legends contract is under review.

When the initial investigation took place in 1983, Vince McMahon reportedly played a role in the case, and the following is an excerpt from a 2013 feature published by The Morning Call:

By all accounts in police records and recent interviews with those involved in the case, McMahon and the WWF were fully cooperative with the police investigation. On May 27, 1983, The Morning Call reported that District Attorney William Platt, now a Pennsylvania Senior Superior Court judge, said the investigation into Nancys death was nearly complete. Its just a matter of getting everybody together, Platt was quoted as saying, referring to the investigators and attorneys involved in the case, according to the article.

Five days later, on June 1, 1983, Snuka and McMahon met with Platt, then-Assistant District Attorney Robert Steinberg and Mihalakis, the medical examiner, in the DAs office law library. Whitehall Police Detectives Gerry Procanyn, Al Fritzinger and Vincent Geiger were also at the meeting, according to police records. Theres no official record of what was said and Snuka doesnt remember much of what happened, according to his book. All I remember is [McMahon] had a briefcase with him, Snuka wrote in his autobiography. I dont know what happened. The only thing I know for sure is I didnt hurt Nancy.

Steinberg, now a Lehigh County judge, said Snuka didnt say much and McMahon did all the talking. I remember Vince McMahon being what Vince McMahon has always been very effusive. He was very protective, a showman, Steinberg said, noting he couldnt recall specifics of the conversation. He was the mouthpiece, trying to direct the conversation.

Procanyn said McMahon gave authorities the phone numbers of wrestlers and managers they wanted to speak with. Fritzinger could not be reached for comment and Geiger died in 1984. Platt wouldnt comment when asked if Whitehall police pushed for charges to be filed.

Because McMahon was reportedly so vocal during the meeting described above, its very possible McMahon could be called to testify at some point in the upcoming Snuka trial.

The insinuation that a group of medical examiners, detectives and prosecutors including two who became judges could have their integrity compromised and participate in improper activity during the course of a meeting is absurd, categorically false and insulting to all parties.

We are hopeful that justice will prevail.

http://bit.ly/1IKHaQ2

Well the problem with Snuka is that he has told the story numerous times over various interviews with the story always evolving.

You can recount every detail of something that happened 30 years ago? Because I sure as hell can't. For one, because I'm not even 30 yeat...but also, because I can't even recount every detail of something that happened 10 years ago.

He gave seven different accounts of the incident right after it happened, admitting that he physically assaulted her in at least one of them, which he later redacted by saying that the five men he recounted this to misunderstood him. The 39 bruises and cuts the victim suffered indicated abuse. Four months before the incident, Snuka was seen dragging her naked down a hallway (she was wrapped in a blanket) while she apparently screamed at him to let her go. Jimmy Snuka at one point in his autobiography referred to 1983 being a "little crazy" because of his frequent use of drugs and steroids. The facts are not in his favor.

Snuka has now been removed from wwe.com and the HOF website. Also it now doesn't mention on Tamina's profile that she's his daughter.

Tamina's Twitter still does.

I mean the wwe.com profile

Snuka has now been removed from wwe.com and the HOF website. Also it now doesn't mention on Tamina's profile that she's his daughter.

Tamina's Twitter still does.

I mean the wwe.com profile

Yes I know but they are not done erasing him yet.

WWE suspends Jimmy Snuka's Legend contract.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/616377-wwe-officially-suspends-the-legends-contract-of-jimmy-snuka

This company has been pissing me off lately with the distancing themselves and erasing people to keep their image squeeky clean. Grow some damn balls assholes.

Because having balls is about associating yourself with a potential murderer, especially after the Benoit incident. Mainstream media already looks down on WWE, no need to supply them with ammo.

They're doing the right thing, distance themselves from the problem, don't fall into it. Media would be on WWE's ass if they had Hogan and Snuka under contracts while their news is the center of attention.

Wasn't it Vince himself that got Snuka off the hook from this back in the day, paying off authorities so he could keep promoting one of his biggest draws at the time?

This company has been pissing me off lately with the distancing themselves and erasing people to keep their image squeeky clean. Grow some damn balls assholes.

You kind of have a weird opinion lol. I know you're against the PC shit and all, but not distancing themselves from a racist and a murderer just to show they have balls? Come on man.

But is erasing people really necessary? Distancing ok i can see that i probably judged that too hard, but to pretend these people dont exist in your history because something controversial came up is completely *censored*ing stupid. Especially since wrestling characters have no influence on the decisions of the real life person. It bothers the shit out of me.

Nobody had their history erased, they were just erased off the websites. If they "never existed" WWE would have never released statements on the situation, it's called temporarily cutting ties.

Ignore part of this, I know they released a statement on Benoit, different though.

Associating yourself with a murderer is just bad. It's not hard to connect the dots, especially if you watch news coverage of WWE whenever some great incident happens. Besides, a murderer doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. They're not denying he existed. They're just making him inconspicuous.

Nobody had their history erased, they were just erased off the websites. If they "never existed" WWE would have never released statements on the situation, it's called temporarily cutting ties.

Ignore part of this, I know they released a statement on Benoit, different though.

Well I would hope the erasing of Hogan is temporary. If Jimmy Snuka is found guilty he will stay erased.

Dude, the biggest star in that company (hell the biggest star in wrestling in general) got caught on tape openly admitting that he was a racist. And now the guy that influenced Mick Foley to be a wrestler might finally be charged for a three-decade old murder.

I don't like this PC nonsense as much as the next guy but WWE did the smart thing here. Distance yourself from those people as much as you can. I don't fault them for that at all.

Dude, the biggest star in that company (hell the biggest star in wrestling in general) got caught on tape openly admitting that he was a racist. And now the guy that influenced Mick Foley to be a wrestler might finally be charged for a three-decade old murder.

I don't like this PC nonsense as much as the next guy but WWE did the smart thing here. Distance

yourself from those people as much as you can. I don't fault them for that at all.

This company is dying. I don't know how much I can take before I decide to quit watching.

I don't like this whole "let it go stuff" people want. No matter how famous someone is if they do something wrong they deserve to get punished for it like anybody else.

The company is actually showing backbone by doing something about these peoples actions.

Archived