So......

Joey made a comment about Cena getting beat by a talk show host and the Bucks selling for children, and inter-gender wrestling. A fan tagged Cornette in a reply and it went from there. Started with Cornette basically saying that ideas like that are whats wrong with wrestling. I can't say I disagree with him to be honest.

Joey made a comment about Cena getting beat by a talk show host and the Bucks selling for children, and inter-gender wrestling. A fan tagged Cornette in a reply and it went from there. Started with Cornette basically saying that ideas like that are whats wrong with wrestling. I can't say I disagree with him to be honest.

Why?

He tries to diss the young bucks for not being over...yet they have constant sell out crowds and work for the 2nd biggest company in the world. I believe it was Matt Jackson who put on twitter that Jim came up to them at a show saying "people seem to believe this isn't a work huh?"

I respect what hes done but now he just comes across as a bitter man who takes every oppertunity to get attention.

Joey got him good. Jim said joey doesnt draw and if promoters want to sell tickets to book him instead. Joey responded with "I've never had to do a kickstarter for a European booking"

Why?

I just don't care for some of the antics. I'm not as far as Cornette on the scale, but I think there's a fine line between good entertainment/comedy in wrestling and bad entertainment/comedy. Looking at the initial points Corny replied to, I never cared for Celebrities making appearances in wrestling. I'm not too up on the story on the Bucks selling for a child, so I'm not sure. I just think it really kills the illusion.

And I just think most inter-gender stuff is dumb and is being done because it's a fad right now. Inter-gender wrestling in 2015 is what Deathmatch wrestling was in 2005.

I don't really see how. In alot promotions (Wrestle-1 for example) it's a normal thing. Inter-gender wrestling is nothing different than every other kind of wrestling. Just without gender playing a role in it.

And it's not like there aren't any deathmatches anymore.

It just drives me crazy how he seems to go out of his way to put down wrestlers and promotions. I understand if its a personal preference but when guys on the Indys are making great money(from what I collect) in the first time in years, to go and say its all wrong rather than considering its changed now.....idk just seems like if its not a attention getter, which I feel it is, hes wasting his breath putting down successful wrestlers that are making a good living

He tries to diss the young bucks for not being over...yet they have constant sell out crowds and work for the 2nd biggest company in the world. I believe it was Matt Jackson who put on twitter that Jim came up to them at a show saying "people seem to believe this isn't a work huh?"

I don't remember Corny saying that they weren't over. Granted he may have said that since then, but his initial problem with them was for a lack of selling. JR had the same problem.

I don't really see how. In alot promotions (Wrestle-1 for example) it's a normal thing. Inter-gender wrestling is nothing different than every other kind of wrestling. Just without gender playing a role in it.

And it's not like there aren't any deathmatches anymore.

It's okay when it makes sense. Like back in the day when Mickie Knuckles or LuFisto were dominating matches with men, or the way Candice LeRae is used (In PWG). It begins to annoy me when it's done just because it's the big thing at the moment. If a promoter has a roster that consists of several women, I don't see why a woman should wrestle a man unless there's a storyline purpose (ie the Chris Dickinson/Kimber Lee thing at Beyond). It gives off a real carny feel to me. I'd also argue that it has the potential to hurt womens wrestling as a whole. Why should a promoter waste money on multiple women when they can book one girl who will wrestle men? I mean, womens wrestling as a whole isn't that big IMO. Shine has a small hardcore fanbase but for the most part is just there and I personally have never heard anything about them that's made me want to watch, Shimmer is probably the best womens promotion in the US but only runs a handful of times a year, and WSU...Well, WSU is run by DJ Hyde so it's a complete nightmare for people who like continuity. I get that the number of quality female wrestlers have gotten a lot higher in the last few years, and it needs to be showcased, but I don't think cherry picking the best to fight men just because isn't the best way to do that.

I don't remember Corny saying that they weren't over. Granted he may have said that since then, but his initial problem with them was for a lack of selling. JR had the same problem.

I read a tweet where he said they can't work for a real promotion in the US so they have to go to japan. Maybe not exact words but thats what ot points to. The amount of bashing Jim does to not just the bucks but so many folks is ridiculous. The buisness has evolved into something different than what he is used to it seems and he just keeps saying it should be his way....even if that wouldn't sell well in this era

I read a tweet where he said they can't work for a real promotion in the US so they have to go to japan. Maybe not exact words but thats what ot points to. The amount of bashing Jim does to not just the bucks but so many folks is ridiculous. The buisness has evolved into something different than what he is used to it seems and he just keeps saying it should be his way....even if that wouldn't sell well in this era

Really? And yet he claims he pays no attention/doesn't care about all the stuff that he gets sent on Twitter, regarding the Bucks', Zayn's, and Owens' successes. Hypocrite

Really? And yet he claims he pays no attention/doesn't care about all the stuff that he gets sent on Twitter, regarding the Bucks', Zayn's, and Owens' successes. Hypocrite

Since when did it become a big thing to get booked in Japan?

If its njpw which is the 2nd biggest promotion in the world, very big deal. Aside from their low point time period, it's always been a big deal to be booked there. Most of the alumni none Japanese guys were big stars or have went on to be big stars

Archived