Austin Showcase Covers Entire Career

nystyle

Since we are getting a lot of old school wrestlers for this game. I just wish that 2k fix the classic titantrons. No 4:3 format, they could always stretch the titantrons to 16:9 or at least put something like this in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkacC4kUT4g

An extending border to have the videos in 16:9 format. I really hate seeing the videos with black bar on both sides.

The classic trons should be cropped/zoomed. Not stretched as that distorts the image.

You'll noticed it says "Stone Cold '97". Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't change very much, certainly not enough to warrant a new model. Unless maybe there's a second one with a browner goatee. If not, I don't see much point in a Stone Cold '98 or 2015.

Entrance Vests

Knee Braces

Themes/Trons

Movesets

Attributes/Abilities (I.E Austin 97' won't be as resilient as the 98-2000's Austin)

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stone Cold visibly ages after his neck surgery. He looked older. The 96/97 Stone Cold looked pretty much like his ringmaster gimmick only with a shaved head, but once he came back from the surgery around 2000 or so he had more wrinkles and his abs were pretty much gone, dude was not in as great a shape as before. It wasn't a huge change like Taker from 5 years ago to today, but it was still noticeable. Knowing 2K of course they will just give us the same model with the same older looking scanned face but just a different colored vest probably.

Since we are getting a lot of old school wrestlers for this game. I just wish that 2k fix the classic titantrons. No 4:3 format, they could always stretch the titantrons to 16:9 or at least put something like this in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkacC4kUT4g

An extending border to have the videos in 16:9 format. I really hate seeing the videos with black bar on both sides.

The classic trons should be cropped/zoomed. Not stretched as that distorts the image.

You'll noticed it says "Stone Cold '97". Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't change very much, certainly not enough to warrant a new model. Unless maybe there's a second one with a browner goatee. If not, I don't see much point in a Stone Cold '98 or 2015.

Entrance Vests

Knee Braces

Themes/Trons

Movesets

Attributes/Abilities (I.E Austin 97' won't be as resilient as the 98-2000's Austin)

Since i modded the xbox360 version of the game. I edited all titantrons that are 4:3 and stretched it. It does not look distorted. It looks fine and much better to look at in game. But if they will not stretch it i am better with them putting borders just like the attached rvd titantron above.

It would be so wierd for them to skip most of 2001 and since Angle was so intricate the whole concept of Austins Stone Cold career has left me dumbfounded. I am very intrigued to see what they've done.

It would be weird but the only matches they could do if Angle isn't in is are

Two man power trip Vs. BOD at Backlash

Stone Cold Vs Undertaker Judgement Day

Stone Cold Vs HHH at No Way Out

Stone Cold Vs The Rock Wrestlemania 17

and what if...?

angle IS in could be true ...?

what if they pay that little check for him

Don't forget guys it wasn't as if WWE just strapped a rocket to Austin after his infamous promo at KOTR '96. He didn't do much until later on in year once Bret Hart came back. I'm expecting them to skip over parts of his career.

If it wasent for WCW kicking their ass they wouldnt have pushed Austin and told him to up his game.

Very true! It was supposed to be Triple H winning KOTR '96 but because of the MSG incident he was shitcanned and his push didn't come for a few more years.

It would be so wierd for them to skip most of 2001 and since Angle was so intricate the whole concept of Austins Stone Cold career has left me dumbfounded. I am very intrigued to see what they've done.

It would be weird but the only matches they could do if Angle isn't in is are

Two man power trip Vs. BOD at Backlash

Stone Cold Vs Undertaker Judgement Day

Stone Cold Vs HHH at No Way Out

Stone Cold Vs The Rock Wrestlemania 17

and what if...?

angle IS in could be true ...?

what if they pay that little check for him

Well its not impossible for him to be in if he signed a legends contract like RVD did back 11 when he wasn't in contract with TNA but its still somewhat unlikely tho i would mark out if Angle is in.

I hope we will get Austin vs Rock - backlash (no holds barred) match as there will be lot of amazing moments, fighting all through the arena and in the crowd using environment to our advantage, using camera as a weapon. Hope they will also implement these in exhibition and universe mode.

Amazing match.

i don't see 2K doing the beginning years where he had a feud with Chris Adams in that small fed. I hope they don't include PN News, remember that scaffold match he had with Austin? lol.

If it covers the important parts that means we'll have...

Bobby Eaton(hell yeah!)

Brian Pillman(Hollywood Blondes)

Steamboat(great feud in WCW)

Jim Duggan

Arn Anderson(hopefully)

Barry Windham

And potentially Shane Douglas. The Blondes feuded with Douglas and Steamboat in 93 and had some amazing matches.

It's pretty much been verified by others who attended the event and played the Austin showcase that his early years and runs in WCW and ECW will be shown in a highlight package, which is disappointing, but expected.

We'll be playing through the rise of his Stone Cold character likely through his last match against The Rock.

I pray to god we get a new stunner, the last one they added was a step in the right direction but it just bugged me how the opponent wouldn't drop to his knees when taking it, it just looked weird.

I would even love the version we see in the cut scene where he just grabs Jake's head and hits it, since that it is how he done it back in the old days. That version would look awesome after a long match.

If were only gonna get his WWF part of his career post ringmaster gimmick, the essential matches/feuds that need to be included in this game are vs Jake Roberts at KotR, his feud with Bret Hart (and no not just their match at WM13), his match vs HBK at WM14, his feud with Taker and the ministry, and of course his entire feud and matches vs the Rock and Vince McMahon. Though I'm sure I am forgetting one or two things those are the big ones that shaped Austins attitude era. Oh and just for fun, I really hope they add his uh, "match" vs Booker T at the grocery store.

If were only gonna get his WWF part of his career post ringmaster gimmick, the essential matches/feuds that need to be included in this game are vs Jake Roberts at KotR, his feud with Bret Hart (and no not just their match at WM13), his match vs HBK at WM14, his feud with Taker and the ministry, and of course his entire feud and matches vs the Rock and Vince McMahon. Though I'm sure I am forgetting one or two things those are the big ones that shaped Austins attitude era. Oh and just for fun, I really hope they add his uh, "match" vs Booker T at the grocery store.

His brief run as tag camps with HBK and Dude Love would be nice, as well as his feud with Hart Foundation. Purely because it gives us Pillman, Owen and Bulldog... and Neidhart. They could even do the Calgary Stampede 10 man tag... although I doubt that'll be possible.

Now what would be amazing and blow me away would be if they surprised us by having 10 wrestlers in the ring and the opportunity to have a 5 vs. 5 tag match so that we could reenact one of the best tag matches of all time from Canadian Stampede.

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Jim Neidhart and Brian Pillman

vs.

Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, Hawk and Animal

That match alone is good enough reason to include all of the aforementioned wrestlers in the game as Legends.

Now what would be amazing and blow me away would be if they surprised us by having 10 wrestlers in the ring and the opportunity to have a 5 vs. 5 tag match so that we could reenact one of the best tag matches of all time from Canadian Stampede.

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Jim Neidhart and Brian Pillman

vs.

Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, Hawk and Animal

That match alone is good enough reason to include all of the aforementioned wrestlers in the game as Legends.

Totally agreed

I think this is a realistic roster list for the Austin showcase, covers pretty much all of his main feuds.

Animal
Bret Hart
Brian Pillman
Billy Gunn
British Bulldog
Dude Love
Hawk

Jake Roberts

Jim Neidhart

Kane(alt attire)

Kevin Nash
Mankind