Austin Showcase Covers Entire Career

nystyle

I think the hart foundation and the nation have a decent shot. It would be sucky if the corporation, ministry and dx/helmsley era guys weren't in this time just because that was the best tv during the 98-2000 attitude era years and Austin was the most prominent then.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the hart foundation and the nation have a decent shot. It would be sucky if the corporation, ministry and dx/helmsley era guys weren't in this time just because that was the best tv during the 98-2000 attitude era years and Austin was the most prominent then.

dx and ministry and corporation i think are the mainly focused along side with the rock thing true the threes wrestlemania against the rock i think will be the last one..

I accept everyones apology :)

Sorry :/

lol it's ok. Do I really think we're getting wcw/ecw after reading todays news? No, but even just the mention of wcw/ecw in the showcase says I was right, lol but seriously it gives me some kind of hope we get some of those characters and arenas

did they ever say if this is the only showcase on disc this year? I know last year there were 2, but this one seems like it will be very in depth and lengthy so I wonder if this is it until DLC comes out.

Last year both showcases were unveiled at the same time, right?

this video shows the KOTR match

Don't forget guys it wasn't as if WWE just strapped a rocket to Austin after his infamous promo at KOTR '96. He didn't do much until later on in year once Bret Hart came back. I'm expecting them to skip over parts of his career.

If it wasent for WCW kicking their ass they wouldnt have pushed Austin and told him to up his game.

You'll noticed it says "Stone Cold '97". Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't change very much, certainly not enough to warrant a new model. Unless maybe there's a second one with a browner goatee. If not, I don't see much point in a Stone Cold '98 or 2015.

Different entrances, moves (pre- and post-neckbreak) and probably attires

You'll noticed it says "Stone Cold '97". Stone Cold Steve Austin didn't change very much, certainly not enough to warrant a new model. Unless maybe there's a second one with a browner goatee. If not, I don't see much point in a Stone Cold '98 or 2015.

Actually if you pay attention to detail, he went from different logos, Etc. on his vest and also then he went from no knee brace, to one knee brace, to two. Also had gold and red in his braces when he was heel with power trip. Etc.

Steve Austin never wore a entrance jacket at King of the Ring 96 so 98 version will be wearing one.

Since we are getting a lot of old school wrestlers for this game. I just wish that 2k fix the classic titantrons. No 4:3 format, they could always stretch the titantrons to 16:9 or at least put something like this in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkacC4kUT4g

An extending border to have the videos in 16:9 format. I really hate seeing the videos with black bar on both sides.

After the initial joy of it passed, I realized that the wcw/ecw stuff may just be video intros. I can see them doing a history lesson leading up to the king of the ring night. As much as I would like to believe otherwise, it just makes more since from a wwe point of view. With that said, I could also see them just starting with the Roberts match, as Austins other matches held no real significance. Now I will be more than happy to be wrong, in fact I welcome it, but til my eyes see otherwise I will just be happy with what I've seen and hope for a enjoyable game.

^^ I have the same feeling, just a nice video package on how he end up in the WWE. BTW I just remember if they are going to showcase his whole WWE career, will we be able to see Eric Bischoff in this game? Since he is SCSA's opponent when he came back in the WWE in No Way Out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgP-jGZQn4I

I hope they don't do a video package for this. I want Bischoff in my game hehehe.

^^ I have the same feeling, just a nice video package on how he end up in the WWE. BTW I just remember if they are going to showcase his whole WWE career, will we be able to see Eric Bischoff in this game? Since he is SCSA's opponent when he came back in the WWE in No Way Out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgP-jGZQn4I

I hope they don't do a video package for this. I want Bischoff in my game hehehe.

They'll prob skip it or do a video package for it. I could see them doing the same for the Invasion storyline if Angle isn't it as well.

It would be so wierd for them to skip most of 2001 and since Angle was so intricate the whole concept of Austins Stone Cold career has left me dumbfounded. I am very intrigued to see what they've done.

It would be weird but the only matches they could do if Angle isn't in is are

Two man power trip Vs. BOD at Backlash

Stone Cold Vs Undertaker Judgement Day

Stone Cold Vs HHH at No Way Out

Stone Cold Vs The Rock Wrestlemania 17

Archived