Fantasy Warfare

maskedmaniac

I was playing this mode earlier, and it seems to me they messed up big with two of the matchups. First, they faced Jimmy Snuka up against Kane. Those two have nothing in common, at all regardless of what the fancy video tells you. Second, they faced Kofi against Ricky Steamboat. Again, those two have little in common. It was so obvious that Snuka vs Kofi would have made more sense with their tropical/jungle style and high flying moves. Also Ricky Steamboat vs Kane made so much more sense as well. They both wear red as their primary color, and fire seems to be a theme for both of them. That's pretty much all I gotta say, maybe not thread worthy, but it's one of those head-scratchers about this game that I just had to say something about it. Anyone have an opinion on this?

I was hoping they did the same DX TAG TEAM MATCH for selected tag teams but it was only for DX.

What do you mean by this?

I was playing this mode earlier, and it seems to me they messed up big with two of the matchups. First, they faced Jimmy Snuka up against Kane. Those two have nothing in common, at all regardless of what the fancy video tells you. Second, they faced Kofi against Ricky Steamboat. Again, those two have little in common. It was so obvious that Snuka vs Kofi would have made more sense with their tropical/jungle style and high flying moves. Also Ricky Steamboat vs Kane made so much more sense as well. They both wear red as their primary color, and fire seems to be a theme for both of them. That's pretty much all I gotta say, maybe not thread worthy, but it's one of those head-scratchers about this game that I just had to say something about it. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Well since I have been working on my version of a sequel that is one of the trickier parts to figure out. Its easy to put some marquee matches together for the main eventers, but after all of the obvious matchups its not as easy.

I think those 2 matches you described were probably the last 4 guys they needed to figure out for that mode. Why they went with the choice they did, I don't know, of course it wasn't really fair to try to matchup legends who were well known for their accomplishments, against a somewhat limited available current roster that they had at the time.

I guess a good question would be is if you had to redo the matchups for all of them to make sense what would you do? I wish they would have also considered creating some additional matchups for the DLC they provided.

On a side note, I got my copy of the WWE Ultimate Superstar Guidebook the other day.

I was hoping they did the same DX TAG TEAM MATCH for selected tag teams but it was only for DX.

Meaning... for example, if i played with anyone else, it would have been great to have match up against great tag teams like Rock/ManKind or Brothers of Destruction or MOM or Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkof ....

Legion of Doom!

Well since I have been working on my version of a sequel that is one of the trickier parts to figure out. Its easy to put some marquee matches together for the main eventers, but after all of the obvious matchups its not as easy.

I think those 2 matches you described were probably the last 4 guys they needed to figure out for that mode. Why they went with the choice they did, I don't know, of course it wasn't really fair to try to matchup legends who were well known for their accomplishments, against a somewhat limited available current roster that they had at the time.

I guess a good question would be is if you had to redo the matchups for all of them to make sense what would you do? I wish they would have also considered creating some additional matchups for the DLC they provided.

On a side note, I got my copy of the WWE Ultimate Superstar Guidebook the other day.

I was gonna get it but decided to wait, I mainly want a PDF version of it so I can play with the images on Photoshop.

On topic, once they got to the final four that I talked about it still was pretty damn obvious: Kofi and Snuka share a Caribbean theme and both like aerial moves. Steamboat vs Kane: The guy who most always wears red vs the Big Red Machine, not to mention the fire theme, one spits it out because he is a "dragon" and the other one got "burned" by it. Not sure what they were thinking with the matchups they went with in the end.

Archived