A reminder for all - Do NOT post in Bot threads

Jmerc

• 1 month later...

I don't think people know they aren't supposed to post. Maybe a message to everyone or something people can't miss.

I've been messaging people who do it as a verbal warning "next time you do it you get a warning point" schtick. I can't really give them any more leeway than that.

I'm kinda pissed at the mods, giving me a warning point for posting in the bot topics, I received no warning to not do so and saw no messages about not posting, if i had i would have stopped...just an automatic point, you can't expect people to know unless they are more well informed, make it clearer

I mean on the main forum, I posted on 1 or 2 and saw no warnings from any mods

What's the main forum?

Mods have constantly reminded people to not post within bot topics - quite alot actually - , but it didn't help, so they made this topic here.

Rules on a forum are there for a reason. Not reading them is not preventing a warning. (They can get removed anyway, after some time)

I don't think people know they aren't supposed to post. Maybe a message to everyone or something people can't miss.

I've been messaging people who do it as a verbal warning "next time you do it you get a warning point" schtick. I can't really give them any more leeway than that.

I'm kinda pissed at the mods, giving me a warning point for posting in the bot topics, I received no warning to not do so and saw no messages about not posting, if i had i would have stopped...just an automatic point, you can't expect people to know unless they are more well informed, make it clearer

I messaged you on November 23rd that you'd be given a warning point if you did it again and you were given said warning point on December 6th for doing so.

You ignored the warning message. It's not our fault that you couldn't be bothered to look at your PMs to see it.

8Lp7mv0.png

• 8 months later...

Ok,i just wanted to comment on this. First off, yo i don't even know what a bot is. I'm old school and I'm new to all this. Second, this site posts a lot of rules after the fact. Third, it's also tough to tell who is an authority figure round here. I ain't even know who the moderators were till i happened to click on someone. And finally you got too many Indians trying to play chief in here. Cats that have no authority telling others what to do, or people being talking junk and being rude to folks who ain't know the rules, or just being rude to be cuz they are behind a computer screen. Just had to throw that out. Some was relevant to the bot topic, some was based upon comments I've viewed.

I don't know what bot topic you're talking about. A bot is a program that signs up to forums to advertise.

Secondly, it's not hard to figure out staff, we have banners under our names. VIP however is old staff, they don't do their duties anymore but is an established member. There is no "indians playing cheif". It's moderators doing their jobs...

Ok,i just wanted to comment on this. First off, yo i don't even know what a bot is. I'm old school and I'm new to all this. Second, this site posts a lot of rules after the fact. Third, it's also tough to tell who is an authority figure round here. I ain't even know who the moderators were till i happened to click on someone. And finally you got too many Indians trying to play chief in here. Cats that have no authority telling others what to do, or people being talking junk and being rude to folks who ain't know the rules, or just being rude to be cuz they are behind a computer screen. Just had to throw that out. Some was relevant to the bot topic, some was based upon comments I've viewed.

I don't know what bot topic you're talking about. A bot is a program that signs up to forums to advertise.

Secondly, it's not hard to figure out staff, we have banners under our names. VIP however is old staff, they don't do their duties anymore but is an established member. There is no "indians playing cheif". It's moderators doing their jobs...

Right there, first off, it doesn't say moderator under your name, you have to click on your name to see you're a moderator. Second it us Indians playing chief because you have clientele telling other clientele when they are wrong or right and it's not their place. I ain't say the moderators were indians playing chief i said clientele tries to tell other clientele what to do on the site. Also,the way moderators speak to clientel on here, come on, you can't talk to customers like that. If one of my workers talked to clientele on here I'd fire them. That's not doing their job. People on here get overly cocky and rude and say things they would not say becauase they are behind a keyboard.

You're not a customer. You're a member of a forum, we are the boss. If you don't like the way we run the show, you're more than welcome to PM us to talk about it.

Also if you see another member doing something you don't like, you can report it to see if it's against the rules. Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about when you say anyone was rude to you. If it was a moderator being rude to you let me know ASAP and the senior staff will take care of it.

Are you on mobile? It does in fact say "moderator" below a staff member's name & avatar.

On mobile. Doesn't say anything but name.

Yeah, that's one downside about mobile. Nothing can be done about it from our end I believe. The non-mobile skin (which we do have control over) shows the staff member badges.

If you don't want to use the regular site, here's a list of the current moderating team: http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

If you see a thread with zero relevance to the section it's in or this site in general, and it's full of advertising and links it's more than likely to be posted by a bot.

If you see something like that just post a link to that thread in here and one of us will deal with it.

I got no beef with the site. Just was pointing out a few things. I still got no clue what a bot is.

Mod here. A bot is a spam "member" on forums who's not a real person, it's a program that advertises stuff, mostly scam websites; that's all they do, they don't post like actual members. Members report them (if a mod hasn't already caught it yet) and one of us just bans the bot and deletes its post(s)

Example:

T2588Cr.png

• 2 months later...
  • ThreeG unpinned this topic

Archived