Rey Mysterio on His WWE Departure, Working with Eddie Guerrero, Finally Facing Myzteziz on Sunday

Didn't know if I should post it in this section or the WWE section but anyway

"Rey Mysterio recently spoke with Brian Fritz of SportingNews.com to promote Sunday's AAA TripleMania pay-per-view. The full interview can be found at this link

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4651867-httpwwwsportingnewscomsportstory2015-08-06rey-mysterio-aaa-triplemania-xxiii-mexico-lucha-libre-pay-per-view-myzteziz-wwe-wcw-eddie-guerrero?utm_source=mweb&utm_medium=mweb

Below are a few highlights:

TripleMania airing in the US and Canada:

"This, what's happening here on Sunday, to be able to be at your own home whether in Canada or the United States, you'll be able to see it and relive for those that have seen lucha libre before relive the action of lucha libre and feel part of a culture. It's not just a wrestling style. It's something that has been carried within us for years and years. And for those fans who have never seen lucha libre and have wondered what it is and what it's like, they're going to be able to see if for the first time directly from their homes."

Working with Eddie Guerrero:

"It was art. Every time I would step in the ring with Eddie, we knew we were going to paint a masterpiece. Whether we were teaming with each other or wrestling against each other, and the chemistry of wrestling against each other was probably better in the fans' eyes because that got to see that unique lucha libre wrestling."

Leaving WWE:

"I knew from the moment that my contract was coming to an end. I just knew that I didn't want to resign, that I wanted to take a break and focus on being a father, being a husband, and being at home resting my body. I think my body really needed a break from being on the grind so much. At the end of the day, I spoke to my wife about what I was looking forward to doing and she agreed 100 percent. She's seen me suffer throughout the years.

"WWE, they agreed on my departure. At first, it felt kind of like you have to make up time for your injury status that you've had throughout the past. But when the meeting came down, I really expressed my feeling towards them as far as me wanting to sit back and be a family man and not consistently beat up my body like I had been for years. They were very understanding about it. No hard feelings from both sides. We ended in a very amicable way. I started enjoying my life at home."

Finally facing Myzteziz (the original Sin Cara) on Sunday:

"I knew that this match eventually would happen because of the fans. The fans really wanted to see this happen. When he got signed by WWE, that when I really thought that someday, it's going to go down. If it does, it's going to be a very interesting match. Clash of styles, egos, animosity, a lot of feelings and emotions mixed up and thrown in that ring.

"The fans have always addressed that there's a lot of similarities between Rey and Myzteziz. A lot of rumors were floating around, who wore the contact lenses first. Did Rey copy Myzteziz or did Myzteziz copy Rey? Little details like that have surfaced in the last couple weeks and now it's here. It's happening. Unfortunately, his time was too short in WWE and I was on my way out. We didn't give them the opportunity to do it. Now that we're both part of AAA, it's happening. And I think it's happening because the fans wanted to see it."

Source LOP

Archived