First Details, Gameplay, Entrances & Screenshots! (IGN Official)

.RyeE.

Thoughts so far:

• The limit on reversals is the gameplay change that seems most intriguing to me. I'm not sure how this will work. Maybe it'll make the gameplay more fair, maybe it will only make things worse. I don't know. I'm just glad they're doing something more than just changing the timing.
  • A lot of people are freaking out over the "new" pin and submission meters. To me it seems like the same system with different graphics.
  • Chain grapples are back. rejoice
  • Based on the article, I'm not sure 2K understands why My Career was such a huge disappointment.
  • "WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows." Uh... couldn't we always do that?
  • JBL has joined the commentary team on this game. rejoice
  • It seems like almost everything that was removed last year is coming back. Although that's definitely good news, it also puts into question the legitimacy of removing them in the first place.
I still wanna know how many CAW slots we're getting this year, whether they increased the face morphing in CAW mode, and the specific details for the My Career improvements.
You don't just press a "ADD TO GAME"-button to get things into a videogame.

This is correct. Usually when sports games are transitioned to new gen consoles, they end of being gutted because the dev cycle doesn't allow them to complete add in all the features of the previous game. And to add on to this, I'm pretty confident we'll have at the very least 50 CAW slots. I see no reason why they can have 100 like 2K14, if last gen could handle that, current gen can too.

The guys who do Mlb the show says in their series that the 3rd game where you see the most improvements for their series on a new console. So, this year for 2k is probably getting everything right and bring back the old features people like and next year is the year

Balor's entrance looks like shit, IMO. It's too light. You aren't even supposed to see Finn for the most part, until he spreads his arms, then the lights come on. It looks more like it goes from normal arena lighting to bright arena lighting, than going from dark to light, as it's supposed to. Also, same awful commentary during entrances. Sigh.

I am thoroughly intrigued as to what the "breakout" feature is during Rollins' entrance though.

The crowd also doesn't react to his entrance and raise their arms... Heck they're not even looking at him.

Hopefully this is an early build. No jbl on commentary so it must be.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone knows what "Create-A-Show" means? If it's Story Designer, I might just die here in my chair.

It's in universe mode, where you can change a show's arena, etc. Or click on an empty spot on the calendar and add a new show.

As for create-an-arena mode, I'm very cautious. Neat that it's back, but if it's as limited as last time... we'll see.

I missed Lilian Garcia. No offense to Justin Roberts, but I always hated his voice.

I see no indication of story designer making a return, but there's always next year.

Balor's entrance looks like shit, IMO. It's too light. You aren't even supposed to see Finn for the most part, until he spreads his arms, then the lights come on. It looks more like it goes from normal arena lighting to bright arena lighting, than going from dark to light, as it's supposed to. Also, same awful commentary during entrances. Sigh.

I am thoroughly intrigued as to what the "breakout" feature is during Rollins' entrance though.

The crowd also doesn't react to his entrance and raise their arms... Heck they're not even looking at him.

This straight up looks like an early build, so for now all the crowd and lighting is fine. They might even completely change the animations and reactions for a bunch of entrances, like the re-created Ryback model in 2K14 . Just hope that it's fixed before it goes gold.

The lighting will be fixed. I'm sure.

It was the same thing with some entrances last year.

oh, and I can't wait to see Bálor's entrance in the NXT arena.

Hopefully we will get atleast one TakeOver arena this year too

Did the graphics take a bit of a hit or is there like new lighting? Something seems a bit different, I know they fixed skin tones for the superstars shown.

I think it looks better and more lively.

wUiYFLl.jpg

Especially in that screenshot, it looks great. Hated the dullest last year.

I'm very excited about the reversal news, now there should be no more matches online or offline where every move gets reversed. Also where it showed the new pin meter I saw rope break, does that mean we can attempt to grab the rope now? If so I hope its in the submission system too I miss back in the older games you could actually get to the rope and grab it to get the rope break.

Did the graphics take a bit of a hit or is there like new lighting? Something seems a bit different, I know they fixed skin tones for the superstars shown.

I think it looks better and more lively.

wUiYFLl.jpg

Especially in that screenshot, it looks great. Hated the dullest last year.

Oh, ok. That does look a lot better, maybe it was just Rollins' model that was bugging me out a bit.

First of all, Holy F&%@, we actually got some real info and gameplay before october!

Highlights for me:

-Working grapples sound intriguing. Seth Rollins' rest/taunt in the gameplay video was a nice touch although that may not have been related.

- New reversal system is one of the things that stood out to me the most and sounds pretty exciting. The fact you have so many could help pacing and back and forth of a match and really brings more strategy to the table. You'd be better off taking the minor hits earlier and trying for the heavier moves further into the match. Plus, the sound of mid move reversals is awesome to. Hopefully that will add more depth and variety into a match. I hope they do some work with finisher reversals. That could set up some nice spots to end a match in new ways.

- create modes and match types are returning thank god. Hopefully they work on rope and weapon physics this time around finally. And I think nystyle mentioned it eariler, I also hope match options comeback too. It was nice having stipulation options and eliminations for fatal four ways.

-improved ref and manager a.i.

- attack guys in the middle of their entrance is a nice touch. Shades of the Raw on Xbox days.

- ring apron tron. wasn't expecting that in.

nitpicks/concerns for me (before anyone says anything, I'm in belief this is a early build):

- commentary didn't sound too promising but JBL was noticeably absent so pretty much confirms early build.

- Seth Rollins' model seemed off a bit. Hopefully they fix his head size and his hair.

- crowd also seemed dead. but again this is probably an early version.

Not as many cons as of yet but I still have concerns. To end on a positive note. Kudos to 2K for releasing actual info and gameplay earlier this time around. Hopefully they keep it up and don't go completely dark on us until october. don't want to jinx it. I don't mind being proven wrong as I really didn't see them showing us much of anything. Them showing off stuff earlier this year may mean they are proud of it and want to show it off, or just catering to a bitchy fanbase lol.

The lighting will be fixed. I'm sure.

It was the same thing with some entrances last year.

oh, and I can't wait to see Bálor's entrance in the NXT arena.

Hopefully we will get atleast one TakeOver arena this year too

Oh yeah, just remembered Goldust didn't have entrance attire when his entrance was shown on IGN last year.

Archived