First Details, Gameplay, Entrances & Screenshots! (IGN Official)

.RyeE.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• It seems like almost everything that was removed last year is coming back. Although that's definitely good news, it also puts into question the legitimacy of removing them in the first place.

You don't just press a "ADD TO GAME"-button to get things into a videogame.

Exactly. So all or most of what was removed last year is back this year. Seems kind of suspicious to me.

...why? They worked on the modes this past year to fit them into this years game. that isn't rocket science.

They even said last year, that Create-a-Diva wasn't working right with the game. They were already working on it back then. It's not hard to imagine that the same thing was with other modes out of the game and that they had to work on them is pretty much a given thing, with the updated graphics and especially the physics in the game.

• It seems like almost everything that was removed last year is coming back. Although that's definitely good news, it also puts into question the legitimacy of removing them in the first place.

Exactly. So all or most of what was removed last year is back this year. Seems kind of suspicious to me.

The stuff that was removed last year was done almost exclusively due to the scaling issues involved with making everything true to life. They changed the scale of the ring, the ramp, the belts, the wrestlers themselves...everything was fine-tuned to be more realistic, which made certain features get pulled, as they didn't "click" with the new measurements. This accounts for "create an arena", "create a finisher", "create a championship", etc.

So, no...they weren't just "removed for no reason". They were removed because 2K wanted to overhaul the entire game in an effort to make it better overall...which, they did, IMO. Now that stuff gets added back, because it has been fixed.

Thoughts so far:

• The limit on reversals is the gameplay change that seems most intriguing to me. I'm not sure how this will work. Maybe it'll make the gameplay more fair, maybe it will only make things worse. I don't know. I'm just glad they're doing something more than just changing the timing.
  • A lot of people are freaking out over the "new" pin and submission meters. To me it seems like the same system with different graphics.
  • Chain grapples are back. rejoice
  • Based on the article, I'm not sure 2K understands why My Career was such a huge disappointment.
  • "WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows." Uh... couldn't we always do that?
  • JBL has joined the commentary team on this game. rejoice

I still wanna know how many CAW slots we're getting this year, whether they increased the face morphing in CAW mode, and the specific details for the My Career improvements.

This is correct. Usually when sports games are transitioned to new gen consoles, they end of being gutted because the dev cycle doesn't allow them to complete add in all the features of the previous game. And to add on to this, I'm pretty confident we'll have at the very least 50 CAW slots. I see no reason why they can have 100 like 2K14, if last gen could handle that, current gen can too.

^^^ I'm not even sure CAM is coming back.

The mode was frankly unnecessary if you think about it. Why (the developers) take the time to break down and separate parts of moves just so we can make a move they could've initially put in the game themselves? I mean you only could do so much with what was given, dependent upon position. Most moves ended up looking jaggy unless we chained together parts that was initially a whole move but was removed from the game at one point.

Pros-

Fluid movement

Balor looks great and they timed his entrance in nicely

Minitron on Raw ring apron

Painted & non painted version of Balor (I knew they'd have the option)

No loading during entrances

Cons

Rollins head is still too big, he doesn't have that extra mass in his muscles I think he's gained, his hair is still the same

No Seth championship entrance

Can't really think of anymore cons

Whoo-hoo! Really a pleasant surprise, wasn't expecting entrances, let alone Balor! Amazing stuff and news of returning modes gives me chills! And I don't know why, but Barrett so far to me at least is the best looking model in the game, spot on work! Rollins does need some tweaking though, hopefully it's still a WIP.

Balor's entrance looks like shit, IMO. It's too light. You aren't even supposed to see Finn for the most part, until he spreads his arms, then the lights come on. It looks more like it goes from normal arena lighting to bright arena lighting, than going from dark to light, as it's supposed to. Also, same awful commentary during entrances. Sigh.

I am thoroughly intrigued as to what the "breakout" feature is during Rollins' entrance though.

The crowd also doesn't react to his entrance and raise their arms... Heck they're not even looking at him.

Balor's entrance looks like shit, IMO. It's too light. You aren't even supposed to see Finn for the most part, until he spreads his arms, then the lights come on. It looks more like it goes from normal arena lighting to bright arena lighting, than going from dark to light, as it's supposed to. Also, same awful commentary during entrances. Sigh.

I am thoroughly intrigued as to what the "breakout" feature is during Rollins' entrance though.

I thought it might be the timer for the opponent to attack during the other guys entrance.

Archived