First Details, Gameplay, Entrances & Screenshots! (IGN Official)

.RyeE.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was that two different matches or did Balor's paint wear off?

I'm glad to hear about rest holds finally, the reversal system sounds like it could be good and it looks like we'll finally have rope break animations.

I'm scared of chain wrestling still being mandatory and I have a strange feeling Balor was pinned after a non-finisher. The gameplay additions are cool but there's a lot more they should have added to it.

I'm sure there's an option to turn chain wrestling off, some people did it in 2K15.

Well, I wonder.. when we'll get info on CAW Mode? That is #1 on my list of priorities to know about. Last year, while the CAW models looked tons better than 2K14? They didn't have a lot going based on looking unique.
Sure, textured CAWs of real life Wrestlers looked good.. but as I'm more of a Original CAW creator? My Originals didn't look all that different than the others. Hence why I only made a few last year. Hoping they've brought back morphing sliders, added tons of new content (especially hair/facial hair) etc etc etc

I feel the same, I could never get good textures to work for them, they never seemed to line up right and I even noticed issues on the real life wrestlers featured on Smacktalks. I would love to see the sliders come back too, it would only improve the mode for those who used textures too.

Thoughts:

• Balor looks *censored*ing sick.
  • SO happy that the pin & submission systems have been updated. Submissions have always been a problem, personally.
  • *censored*ING YES THE MODES ARE BACK. Great news, really hoping "Create a Show" is Story Designer.
  • Balor's entrance timing is amazing.
  • The no load times between entrances is a nice touch.
  • Gameplay looks smooth.
  • Lilian sounds great.
  • Crowd seemed kinda dead, but it's early build so I'll let it slide. Same for commentary and Rollins' hair etc.
  • Austin, Barrett and Bryan all look really good.
  • Glad to hear that Universe and MyCareer have been improved on.
  • I'm gonna take that fact that online has been overhauled with a grain of salt for now.

Awesome stuff, hopefully a lot more to come in the following weeks.

wRbNZQ3.gif

This game looks really cool and all the superstars are practically on point! Skin textures are greatly improved and stuff, Gameplay sounds like it'll be pretty good. Cannot wait to hear about the improvements regarding EAS, should be really exciting.

Was that two different matches or did Balor's paint wear off?

I'm glad to hear about rest holds finally, the reversal system sounds like it could be good and it looks like we'll finally have rope break animations.

I'm scared of chain wrestling still being mandatory and I have a strange feeling Balor was pinned after a non-finisher. The gameplay additions are cool but there's a lot more they should have added to it.

I'm sure there's an option to turn chain wrestling off, some people did it in 2K15.

There was a slider for it but even when you turn it down chain wrestling still happens though very quickly but the thing is I didn't want it to be like that for every match and it's annoying havin to change the slider all the time

- The shirts in the crowd look promising for other NXT characters, which is great. No reason why they wouldn't be in anyway.

- I'm SO *censored*ing happy that they timed Balor's entrance right. Now let's see if they fixed Orton's.

- Gameplay looks smooth.

- Create A Championship and Arena being back in is awesome. Let's hope they didn't take out the Logo feature for online. Some awesome arena's coming our way!

- Interested to see what Create A Show is about. I'm assuming it's similar to Create A PPV from the old games where you can install the show as a package into Universe and play it on Exhibition.

Balor's entrance looks like shit, IMO. It's too light. You aren't even supposed to see Finn for the most part, until he spreads his arms, then the lights come on. It looks more like it goes from normal arena lighting to bright arena lighting, than going from dark to light, as it's supposed to. Also, same awful commentary during entrances. Sigh.

I am thoroughly intrigued as to what the "breakout" feature is during Rollins' entrance though.

Balor's entrance looks like shit, IMO. It's too light. You aren't even supposed to see Finn for the most part, until he spreads his arms, then the lights come on. It looks more like it goes from normal arena lighting to bright arena lighting, than going from dark to light, as it's supposed to. Also, same awful commentary during entrances. Sigh.

That's my one problem with it. The lighting is awful. Everything else is fine, but that is annoying.

Enzo Amore, Big Cass and the Lucha Dragons are basically confirmed too. Shirts in the crowd are a great thing.

Crowd shirts don't mean shit. I remember back in 2K14 we had Roddy Piper (RIP) and Jim Duggan shirts in the crowd, yet neither one of them was in.

And both of those guys were legends. Piper had a deal fall through with WWE at the last minute, hence why he was in a Superstar Head and not a character. I can only assume the same happened with Duggan.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you can take the modern guys' shirts as a strong hint.

I am thoroughly intrigued as to what the "breakout" feature is during Rollins' entrance though.

It's most probably a thing where Balor would attack Seth during his entrance

Enzo Amore, Big Cass and the Lucha Dragons are basically confirmed too. Shirts in the crowd are a great thing.

Crowd shirts don't mean shit. I remember back in 2K14 we had Roddy Piper (RIP) and Jim Duggan shirts in the crowd, yet neither one of them was in.

And both of those guys were legends. Piper had a deal fall through with WWE at the last minute, hence why he was in a Superstar Head and not a character. I can only assume the same happened with Duggan.

I think it's pretty safe to say that you can take the modern guys' shirts as a strong hint.

Piper was in rtwm as the ref in wm x.

Audrey said piper wasnt a full character because the wm 1 main event was scheduled in rtwm but they couldnt get mr t so snuka and piper were scrapped and at that time they didnt include orndorff or orton.

Archived