First Details, Gameplay, Entrances & Screenshots! (IGN Official)

.RyeE.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good amount of info revealed. Nice to see confirmation of some returning features. I'm also intrigued about the reversal mechanics and how you have to conserve and strategize on when to use them. Been wanting something to that effect for sometime now so it help balance out gameplay on both ends. Speaking gameplay, couldn't really tell any difference from last year tbh but since the vid was skipped around from move to move, i'mma hold off on the criticism. Nonetheless, I do like the new implements of the pin and submission meters (which from I can tell is a whole new system). Another little tidbit I like is the entrance interference and rope break. Little things like that I missed. One tidbit that still bugging me though is the crowd. They still seem nonreactant to the action in the ring. I hope it'll be improved in the final build, but stuff such as audio usually doesn't change in time going by the history books.

Did anyone in the left top corner see the x button and said break out? Wonder if that's like wwe raw for the original Xbox where you could attack during the entrances?

It is, as confirmed in the ign article

Balor's entrance looked epic and I'm glad we get both painted and no painted versions of him. Also glad they included Rollins' Wrestlemania attire as it means less work for me to update it unless he gets a new attire soon. But it looks like they did not rescan his head because it looks the same as last year and Seth has not hat that much blonde for a while now.

All in all it looks good and Create a Diva, Arena and Championship being back is awesome. Now if we can just add MP3's as entrance music, Have better morphing options for CAWS and they fix the stupid logo blur when stretched too much I'll be happy as can be.

Finn Balor's entrance was awesome and its nice that some modes and match types are returning, but I was hoping for the return of special referee. they also didn,t say much about universe mode so I,m hoping their are more improvements to it this year. nice bit of info, but hardly the "mountain of info they promised us so I hope their is more to come

I mean, considering the track record of WWE Games (from both THQ and 2K), we normally don't get ANY info until SummerSlam weekend. We should feel lucky that this kinda shit is getting announced this early on.

All great news. I thought 2K15 was a great game, aside from all that was missing, so I'm glad to see that it was just a matter of switching to the new consoles, which I suspected would be an issue. Long as they keep improving and tweeking on the standard set by 2K15, we're in for a lot of fun.

If they want Arnold to drive pre-order sales, they might as well atleast show you Entrance and Gameplay footage of him, revealing moves/taunts that are exclusive to him. I might pre-order anyway, but it'd be nice to know what I'm getting. It'd be funny if he has some crazy, sci-fi, arcadey finisher.

Well, I wonder.. when we'll get info on CAW Mode? That is #1 on my list of priorities to know about. Last year, while the CAW models looked tons better than 2K14? They didn't have a lot going based on looking unique.

Sure, textured CAWs of real life Wrestlers looked good.. but as I'm more of a Original CAW creator? My Originals didn't look all that different than the others. Hence why I only made a few last year. Hoping they've brought back morphing sliders, added tons of new content (especially hair/facial hair) etc etc etc

Well, I wonder.. when we'll get info on CAW Mode? That is #1 on my list of priorities to know about. Last year, while the CAW models looked tons better than 2K14? They didn't have a lot going based on looking unique.
Sure, textured CAWs of real life Wrestlers looked good.. but as I'm more of a Original CAW creator? My Originals didn't look all that different than the others. Hence why I only made a few last year. Hoping they've brought back morphing sliders, added tons of new content (especially hair/facial hair) etc etc etc

Have you ever thought about maybe learning to create/use face textures of actual people for your Originals? Not wrestlers, neccesarily, but like...anyone...models, actors, random people....using the same program(s) others use? 2K might have set you up to make your Originals look way better and more realistic then they ever have by letting you import logos and custom faces. Even if it's a real person, like a Gail Kim face skin, it doesn't have to look like Gail Kim...you can still morph everything to your heart's content and there you have your own character. Just an idea. If you don't feel like putting much effort into their face(s), then yeah, they will all look alike with how CAW mode is set up now....but it's easily fixable.

Thoughts:

• Pin Meter looks odd. Will take some getting used to.
  • All the confirmed info sounds great
  • Lillian sounds fantastic in those entrances.
  • Submission system looks similar to UFC Undisputed 3, which I really love.
  • WOO! THEY GOT THE TIMING ON BALOR RIGHT
  • I hope we can hide the Break Out UI

With the new pin system is it like the meter or is it completely different? Hated the 2k15 pin meter.

From what I can tell, It's similar to the previous meter in terms of the press, hold, and release mechanism. The meter is just circular now.

Have you ever thought about maybe learning to create/use face textures of actual people for your Originals? Not wrestlers, neccesarily, but like...anyone...models, actors, random people....using the same program(s) others use? 2K might have set you up to make your Originals look way better and more realistic then they ever have by letting you import logos and custom faces. Even if it's a real person, like a Gail Kim face skin, it doesn't have to look like Gail Kim...you can still morph everything to your heart's content and there you have your own character. Just an idea. If you don't feel like putting much effort into their face(s), then yeah, they will all look alike with how CAW mode is set up now....but it's easily fixable.

But I should't HAVE to rely on images to enhance my CAWs. I didn't need them in 2K14, and I made 100 unique looking made up CAWs without fail. Can't do that in 2K15, get what I'm saying? And I just don't have time to create images to fit my type of CAWs.

And for the record? I always put a shit ton of effort into my CAWs faces, feel free to have a look (if the pics still exist) at my 2K14 CAWs on Xbox 360, and my CAWs in the original section of the PS4 Original CAWs for 2K15.

Everything looks good so far.I'm guessing we won't see 8 man tags again this year. I can sacrifice that hope if the gameplays good. My only real concern is that they scrap some of the submission holds with the new mechanic(see SvR08 as a example.) Can't wait to see and hear more.

Was that two different matches or did Balor's paint wear off?

I'm glad to hear about rest holds finally, the reversal system sounds like it could be good and it looks like we'll finally have rope break animations.

I'm scared of chain wrestling still being mandatory and I have a strange feeling Balor was pinned after a non-finisher. The gameplay additions are cool but there's a lot more they should have added to it.

Was that two different matches or did Balor's paint wear off?

I'm glad to hear about rest holds finally, the reversal system sounds like it could be good and it looks like we'll finally have rope break animations.

I'm scared of chain wrestling still being mandatory and I have a strange feeling Balor was pinned after a non-finisher. The gameplay additions are cool but there's a lot more they should have added to it.

Two different matches, to put to rest the debate of how many Balors we'll get

Archived