HCTP Revival Project(Cancelled)

KamenRangerW

Though I thought what he said would of been common knowledge for anyone using them.

I finished up Jean-Paul appearance wise. Now to watch as many matches as possible to get a accurate moveset and attributes.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonetheless, the explanation is much appreciated.

No worries. I've been working on my own WWF legends save for a few years, and can give you some formulas if you like. They're based on existing formulas posted on caws.ws and some other sites, but I've used layer hacks to add more detail, and made various other changes, including whole new attires in some cases. Since you're using AR Max anyway, you can input the same layer hacks I did.

I've also made original movesets for all my created legends, after having watched dozens of matches for each one, and given hacked moves to several CAWs and in-game legends, such as the Million $ Fist Drop 1 and Spinning Toe Hold as standard ground grapples for Ted DiBiase, the Samoan Drop 3 as a finisher for Tatanka, and the Whirl Backbreaker as a finisher for Demolition Crush. I don't believe hacked grapples can be done with AR Max though.

Though I thought what he said would of been common knowledge for anyone using them.

Anyone experienced at using them, sure. But inevitabledeth sounds pretty new to this stuff, same as I was about five years ago. I had to learn this stuff through trial and error, so I was trying to save him the trouble, and lay it all out from the get-go.

I used to do all the move hacks when I had my codebreaker. But I since have ordered another gameshark so I can do all that again. Yeah I know what you mean by watching tons of matches. The move hacks can be done via a AR Max but each individual code has to be converted to AR Max from another.

Sounds like a lot of hassle. Especially if you want to experiment with different moves, or change your mind about a move later.

I started out with just AR Max myself, but bought a copy of AR2 V2 specifically for this game. In fact, I ended up buying an older PS2 console as well, as it turned out that AR2 V2 only works with the oldest model ps2, without the built-in IR sensor. There was a point where I had to borrow a friend's PS2 to input codes, which was a pain in the @$$. Now, I can mess around with different codes whenever I feel like it. Between AR Max and AR2 V2, the only code I haven't been able to implement that I'd like to is the transparency code that lets you remove the crotch blur effect. My Razor Ramon CAW especially would benefit from getting rid of that.

Regarding movesets, I have lists of real life moves for all the CAWs I've made, which are mostly early '90s WWF legends. Not only that, but I've specified which moves were used in which matches, so you can look them up for yourself, if they're up on YouTube, or if you have the DVDs or whatever. Let me know if this is of any use to either of you guys. I'm still working on it on an ongoing basis. The last wrestler I researched was Jacques Rougeau, AKA The Mountie.

That all sounds pretty cool regardless.

And while I am new, I'm not completely unfamiliar... I just need some conversions done so I can make adjustments.

I just feel any input is useful for those who may benefit, especially those joining us now or those without cheat devices like toolan99...

Yeah, the move sets are going to be the hardest part for me. But I suppose it'll give me a reason to use the WWE Network a bit more...

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/forum/3856582/2/

Maybe that link can be of use to you guys. A straight to the point database of codes for HCTP.

Though you guys most likely already found most of 'em.

Once my GS gets here send me your save. I'll do all the stuff you need. I'll do the movesets for you man. I'll hack all the necessary stuff. Only thing I really wanna do that I can't now. Would be music modifiers and move hacks. Give Davey Boy Smith the Insurrextion/Rebellion BGM track.

Got my "Mean" Mark Callous done appearance wise. I went based off of a singles attire. I think it looks good. I had to make a custom elbow pad using simple designs. No elbow pad in game was the right size. All he needs is a moveset. But I have to use a replacement move for his heartpunch finisher. Any recommendations on what to use?

For movesets, I found these which are for 80's and 90's-based wrestlers:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://webzoom.freewebs.com/starmarter_v_1/*

I was having a think about oddities the other day, I thought we haven't had any caws for the Godwinns yet, I thought they'd be interesting to have. Or any other tag teams like Well Dunn, or Los Conquistadors or The Dynamic Dudes as a suggestion.

As for the Heart Punch... I know it sounds silly, but I tend to have the Kung-Fu Straight Punch as a replacement for it, but I'm open to more suggestions too.

Unfortunately I have no input for the Heart Punch.

And if you really want to do the move sets, I would be extremely grateful... I never was good at them and hearing how you make them seems like the most promising way. On the plus side, I could still enjoy the save sheerly for the movesets alone...(Thanks to not knowing them all)

Well I thinking Big Slap as the replacement move. It resembles the closest animation possible. But it lacks the power needed to finish a match with it. Unless you've beaten the hell out of your opponent. I'll keep Kung-Fu Straight Punch in mind though.

Those are good suggestions for oddity wrestlers. But just not oddity enough to make my save.

I enjoy doing movesets man. It's one of my specialties in wrestling games. Cause I'll watch match after match trying to mimic the moves as close as possible. Though some aren't present in HCTP sadly.

Even I am aware of that, so I really can't complain. But I suppose it would be best for me to finish all models beforehand so that everything is ready for you... (Though technically, I could just make their slots and make them after, but it's better after so that the roster is finalized.)

And luckily it shouldn't be too hard because there are a few "alternate attires", so the move sets can be copied.

So far idk when I can continue, but if I am lucky, I can probably resume late tonight and tomorrow...

That all sounds pretty cool regardless.

And while I am new, I'm not completely unfamiliar... I just need some conversions done so I can make adjustments.

I just feel any input is useful for those who may benefit, especially those joining us now or those without cheat devices like toolan99...

Sure. Actually, I was just browsing YouTube for HCTP videos, and stumbled upon some Jeff Hardy CAW videos you apparently posted last year. Noticed you used the infinite tables code in one of those matches as well. Good stuff.

Sorry I can't help you with the code conversion, but I don't have any experience with that. I'll need to figure out how to do it myself in order to use the transparency codes.

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/forum/3856582/2/

Maybe that link can be of use to you guys. A straight to the point database of codes for HCTP.

Though you guys most likely already found most of 'em.

Once my GS gets here send me your save. I'll do all the stuff you need. I'll do the movesets for you man. I'll hack all the necessary stuff. Only thing I really wanna do that I can't now. Would be music modifiers and move hacks. Give Davey Boy Smith the Insurrextion/Rebellion BGM track.

Yeah, I saved most of the codes I wanted before the links in the Code X archive went down. Still, it's good to see them back up on another site. And I like what you're doing with this thread. Very cool.

Don't suppose you've made a Dynamite Kid CAW by any chance? Or know of a decent formula? I haven't been able to find one anywhere.

Transparency codes were in the link I posted above.

The ones to make individual CAW appearance layers fully opaque (to eliminate crotch blur)? I just checked through the list and didn't see those.

I already saved the codes from another site anyway, but they're not for AR Max or AR2 V2 (PAL versions), which are the only cheat devices I have currently.

No I haven't made a Dynamite Kid. I made a 90's singles attire for Davey Boy Smith. KingKang made a Dynamite Kid on his Legends Vol.1 save. I can hook you up his saves. It might need work done to it though. The saves are in NTSC though so you'll have to convert 'em yourself.

Didn't know you were using PAL stuff. I'm a NTSC user myself. Yeah I had print outs of the codes from them years ago. But I since can't find 'em. I know I had the transparency codes for all devices except AR Max on NTSC and PAL. It's only for CAW 1 if I remember right though. Once I find the folder I had 'em I'll post 'em. Or even do the hacks for you once the GS gets here.

No I haven't made a Dynamite Kid. I made a 90's singles attire for Davey Boy Smith. KingKang made a Dynamite Kid on his Legends Vol.1 save. I can hook you up his saves. It might need work done to it though. The saves are in NTSC though so you'll have to convert 'em yourself.

Didn't know you were using PAL stuff. I'm a NTSC user myself. Yeah I had print outs of the codes from them years ago. But I since can't find 'em. I know I had the transparency codes for all devices except AR Max on NTSC and PAL. It's only for CAW 1 if I remember right though. Once I find the folder I had 'em I'll post 'em. Or even do the hacks for you once the GS gets here.

I really need to work out how to convert the transparency codes myself. I have dozens of CAWs spread across three or four different memory cards, and more I plan to make in the future, so it's something I'll want to be tinkering with on an ongoing basis. I'll get around to it eventually, it's not something that needs to be done urgently.

If you could upload a save with the Dynamite Kid on it though, that'd be great. I've made a Davey Boy CAW myself (in a couple of attires, including a tag attire), and several other legend tag teams as well, so it'd be nice to add the British Bulldogs to their ranks.

It sounds like Heaven... But the process has become Hell.

We'll eventually finish our respective projects man. Still waiting on my GS to arrive in the mail. I will be moving sometime next month. So don't expect a release really soon. I'm shooting for a mid-November release on the saves. But you guys won't be disappointed when I do release them. I've even started doing a Tag Team Legends save. Though there's a few that could double as singles guys too. It's primarily a WWF 1980's early 90's dominated save. There are a few NWA/WCW tag teams on it. I was wondering if anyone had interest in a "Lord" Steven Regal to be added on the singles legends save. If there is I'll gladly do it. I ask cause Regal was one of my favorite wrestlers throughout history.

I have played with the idea of doing a World's Champion save. Which would contain a best in the world type deal. Something where I could mix it up and not stay specifically themed like my other saves are. My cut off date will be around the 2005 time period. I wanna keep it around the games the release time period. I'm open to requests on it. But I am reserving 3 spots off the bat for Hulk Hogan(WWE Hulkamania Return),Ultimate Warrior(Survivor Series 1990)((I really like that attire)), and "Macho Man" Randy Savage(WrestleMania III). I say that because you can't deny that they don't deserve a spot. When you do request something. Try and think about the layer issue. Cause sometimes you run out of layers even with the hack.

Archived