HCTP Revival Project(Cancelled)

KamenRangerW

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, no... Now I know him less, lol. The name just rung a bell... (Im a 90's guy)

And a past Triple H could be cool. (Loved him back in the attitude era) So a history lesson could be fun...

About my save, I'm definitely making progress on wrestlers and attributes, but move sets still have little to no progress. Probably going to be the last thing I work on... (or animations if I truly bother)

Not sure if Bryan Clarke was in it or not. Only WCW games I liked were AKI made. WCW/nWo Revenge on the 64 and WCW vs The World on the PS1.

Clarke was better known as Wrath, which is what he was known as in Mayhem. He was part of the MK reject angle they had going with Mortis, Glacier, and Ernest "The Cat" Miller.

My curiosity is peaked at the mention of WCW.

Mine as well, but mostly for CZW, NJPW, and AAA.

Oooh, more people! Well, it's just a few from there tbh... If you get technical and add people who have already been to those places in the past, then there would technically be more (ex. Hogan, who has been to all of these companies except for CZW, AAA, ROH, and ECW.)

The save is just a "wrestlers of interest" type of compilation, not really a balanced "company crossover" save. Unfortunately my wrestling palette isn't quite as large as I'd like...

And yeah... Wrath definitely sounds the most familiar name-wise.

Intriguing indeed... Just like Jean-Paul Levesque.

Those two vs Triple H and Undertaker... The true test of time.

Also, I fear that I may need attribute modifiers because I think I may have screwed some of them up... If only it were like newer games where you could go backwards too. But alas, the attribute concept was much more gimmicky in those days, seeing as it was a major factor in season mode...

Sorry I don't know anything about cheats or decoding. I like to play wrestling games the way they were meant to be played without any modifications.

So you don't like being able to correct attributes and weight classes? Or being able to hack more accurate movesets,entrances or winning motions? Cause I'm all for "modifications" man. Especially text mods like renaming wrestlers such as turning Kevin Nash's name to Diesel or Rhyno to Rhino. It's little things like that can make theme saves better.

Yeah. It's not like today's games where cheats and hacks break the entire game... We are only trying to make the game more enjoyable for us to play and for others who witness it.

Thanks to such codes, my created wrestlers look a bit better than they did without (like AJ, who now has her full shirt logo showing) and all of my caws can be completed quicker. (simply due to not having to play season with everyone I make to get attribute points)

The game is great as it is no doubt, but I'm using these codes to work around its flaws and lacking features to get the most out of it... I personally hate today's hacking on wrestling games. (broken movesets online)

P.s. This might be a bit exaggerated, but if I can't get these code conversions, maybe you can make the value-based changes for me if I gave you my save. (Not sure how to do that without it being in the .max format though)

I see. I'm merely saying I tried a the season entry code on my own save data, and I pretty much ended up with the OJH move set. Obviously I added the Jeff Hardy move set from the superstar list and yes it did say the rock for the winning animation, so I played a match and it was still the rock's. I didn't preview it in create a move set or do anything to revert the effects...

That, and most people in code x (probably outdated as hell) said the win moves have to be assigned by a slot code to give the animation to the corresponding character.

(Ex. Jeff win animation for Caw 1, ect.)

I found one code for the caw 1 slot (wanted to see if I could assign it and maybe copy/delete all my jeffs to get the new data one by one) but it was invalid.

Sorry if I kinda fell off topic, but this is something I've been trying to do forever. After this is resolved. I will gladly stay on track and help in anyway possible...

Sounds like you may have figured this out on your own, but I just thought I'd add my two cents, since I've been experimenting with this stuff for a few years now.

Assuming you already have Jeff Hardy unlocked for Season Mode, if you go into the create-a-moveset mode and view the name of his winning style, it will say "The Rock". And if you attempt to preview the animation itself, the game will go to a loading screen and freeze, because there's no Jeff Hardy model on the disc.

If you use the auto settings function to assign Jeff Hardy's moveset to a CAW, and view the name of that CAW's winning style, it will say "The Rock" again. You can preview the animation without the game freezing this time, however, all you'll see is the Rock's win move. Also, even viewing the name of the move in the menu will be interpreted by the game as you having changed the animation back to The Rock's.

So if you want to give Jeff Hardy's win animation to a CAW, you need to assign Jeff Hardy's moveset to that CAW WITHOUT attempting to view or preview his his winning style before you confirm the change/s and save. You can view and change everything else freely, of course.

After you've given the move to your CAW and saved it to you memory card, you can go back into the menu and view the move if you like. It won't affect data already saved to your card, as long as you don't save again. However, the move will still say "The Rock", and the preview function will show The Rock's animation. Also, just bringing up the name of the move will be interpreted as a change, so make sure you disregard any changes when you exit the moveset menu for that CAW. Or, if you accidently confirm the change, go back to the options menu and reload your save from the card.

Everything I've said here applies to Hulk Hogan and Billy Gunn's winning animations well. The game does let you view and preview Hogan and Warrior's entrance animations without any issues, as long as you do it using a CAW, or another wrestler whose model is actually in the game. The entrance animations will show up in the entrance sub-menu as "NULL".

Archived