HCTP Revival Project(Cancelled)

KamenRangerW

So true... The game itself is already among the best of them all, but yet it was still capable of being better had it not been for the changes. That alone is very remarkable... Too bad the WWE has no interest in re-releases. (Unless you count the pointless "2k re-release" of wwe 13.)

The next best game for me would probably be svr 2006 mainly for WolfgangJT's Hardys save (whole reason I bought the ar max) and the fact it was using a slightly updated version of the classic gameplay mechanics. To me, the changes in the game engine is one of the major reasons todays games are criticized... (Less interactive/ movement in the arena, sluggish controls, no mixed gender matches, fewer weapons, ect.)

The list goes on. Just use the old engine with a stronger distinctions between lighter and heavier fighters and include the new grappling/ positioning and signature/ finisher features and what not... Otherwise, keep the creation modes as they are but maybe bring back HCTP's pattern selection menu, only with the ability to recolor each individual color on the patterns!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got into SvR 2006 for the online play that I used constantly. But save wise I liked using EWS Chinese Democracy ones. Especially their Legends and Old School Japan ones. I did use some of Wolfgang/Zurick Hardy's. I was a hardcore Matt fan by that time. Yup I was MF'er.lol

Trust me... I tried the punisher paint w/ the black heart (He was with Kevin Steen in the picture) but I had trouble finding triangular shapes for the neck area and it wouldn't connect because of an inaccessible region. I even tried the spawn paint, but that was equally difficult for similar reasons. The joker paint worked surprisingly well... Even added the entrance gear. May need to make his ring gear slightly different...

I just got done doing a Papa Shango. I cheated and used Broken One's version for a base. I used his face paint too. I plan to improve the attire though.

Because of your Hogan talk. It made me go back and make a 2003 style Hogan. Yellow tights with the red designs and the red belt. I didn't use Born2Box's one. Looking at it now and comparing. It just doesn't look right to me. So I ended up using Jericholic15's attire minus the boots.

Hmm, ok. Its funny because at first i didn't want to make Hogan or Warrior because it's so common, but I figured I should to add some legends and just to take advantage of the locked content.

Once I make my adjustments and another wrestler, I'll be at my half way point... Just makes me wonder if I'll have to make any more compromises like the situation of my original Jeff idea (Lime green Hardy shirt from early 2000´s) and Punisher Devitt.

That's exactly why I got a Hogan and a Warrior made. Just so I could take advantage of the locked animations. Hell it's why I got a Billy Gunn on one of my cards. Just to have the winning motion. If you're gonna make a 2003-2005 Yellow & Red Hogan go with Jericholic15's attire. His is the closest you'll get without doing it your self.

I'm not sure who to try and make now. Running out of ideas. Cause I already tried doing a Arn Anderson but couldn't do a good hair for him. I thought about doing a Zeus. Not sure if anyone remembers him as anything other than Debo from the movies Friday and Next Friday.

I know. Nothing wrong with recommendations...

Off topic again, I wish I was able to get that triangle tlc tag match code to work. Would have been cool to recreate those classic matches the official way...

And welcome toolan99. I'm not sure if you have owned a cheat device, but the reason we have to "unlock the locked content" is to get the missing entrance and/or winning animation for the movesets. Specifically legend Hogan's, Billy Gunn's and Jeff Hardy's winning animations and Hollywood Hogan and Ultimate Warrior's entrances.

Normally these features are inaccessible, as the pre-sets you are reminding us of have the entrances and winning moves of existing wrestlers in the game in place of their true content.

I used that TLC Tag Match code back in the day. Some of those custom matches are fun as hell. Like the TLC/Hardcore Royal Rumble is hella fun.

@Toolan99-Yeah we know that his moveset is in game. But as stated above we used the codes to assign him his actual entrance and winning motions. You can assign 'em to a CAW via a cheat device. I'd recommend a codebreaker or gameshark to do it. Though a AR Max would work too.

Yep. I've only gotten the elimination hell in a cell (preferably 6-man elimination tables) match modifier to work. Only problem is pinfall ia still on for some reason...

And while I haven't used any other chest device, I'm sure the others are better as the ease of compatibility among devices, easier conversion from hex, and compatibility of value-based codes are all great features the ar max lacks. Especially those value type codes...

Chyna added to my roster!

Codebreaker is the easiest to use. But their still pretty pricey. You don't even really need to worry about code conversion with one. Damn near every code you would want has already been found for it. Except the name mods. Those I'm clueless on doing.

I haven't even thought of doing any women. It's just to hard to get 'em to look good.

Archived