breaking news hulk hogan and wwe are done!

TRaShflow

Oh, I forgot who I was talking to.

What's that supposed to mean? In my opinion the world has gotten too sensitive when we are really concerned over a racial slur Hogan said 8 years ago. If he was a racist, would he have had Mr. T as his partner at WM? Would he have wrestled Zeus? I think people have forgotten what a racist truly is. A racist doesn't want to even be around that group or race. He used a racial slur, was it wrong? Yes. Should he be fired for it? No. He should have simply made an apology and maybe WWE could have suspended his appearances for a while but they didnt need to fire him. The world had gotten too sensitive and it's not or it's own good. Why can't people just get over the whole race thing?? It's so 1960s, time to move on and for us to all accept who we are...human beings.

I agree to be honest. He was wrong no doubt, but I hate political correctness (especially from hypocritical companies) more than anything and how sensitive some people get over things.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's that supposed to mean? In my opinion the world has gotten too sensitive when we are really concerned over a racial slur Hogan said 8 years ago. If he was a racist, would he have had Mr. T as his partner at WM? Would he have wrestled Zeus? I think people have forgotten what a racist truly is. A racist doesn't want to even be around that group or race. He used a racial slur, was it wrong? Yes. Should he be fired for it? No. He should have simply made an apology and maybe WWE could have suspended his appearances for a while but they didnt need to fire him. The world had gotten too sensitive and it's not or it's own good. Why can't people just get over the whole race thing?? It's so 1960s, time to move on and for us to all accept who we are...human beings.

I agree to be honest. He was wrong no doubt, but I hate political correctness (especially from hypocritical companies) more than anything and how sensitive some people get over things.

Many people love to complain about things.

Well people need to stop typing out of their ass and think logically and realistically

Not everyone will. You need to deal with that reality.

They did the same with punk last year and notified the licensees to drop punk projects and anything using his likeness. He was still in 2k15.

If Hogan is part of a showcase he'll most likely still be in just not promoted as being part of it.

Because CM Punk took that to WWE that they can't do that and won.

That was over royalties from the game. 2k are the ones that said they couldn't remove him without severly impacting the game and they got to leave him in.

Yeah it's really sad and rediculous. I mean the guy made them millions of dollars and they can't back him when he gets a little bad press? No they just fire him and are now trying to erase him. Bunch of hypocrites. Plus no one is mentioning the fact that WWE hasn't had an African American as WWE Champion in forever, doesn't that make Vince a little "racist"? SMH

Yeah it's really sad and rediculous. I mean the guy made them millions of dollars and they can't back him when he gets a little bad press? No they just fire him and are now trying to erase him. Bunch of hypocrites. Plus no one is mentioning the fact that WWE hasn't had an African American as WWE Champion in forever, doesn't that make Vince a little "racist"? SMH

Whoa now, don't get me wrong on this. I will agree that the WWE in general is hypocritical as *Censored*, especially Vince McMahon. However what i am saying is that as a business, not only do I understand what and why they are doing what they are doing, but since they are a business that has already had a taste of the bad racism press, I agree with what they are doing.

I just wish Vince would get caught saying something so he could finally step down.. and take Dunn with him.

Whoa now, don't get me wrong on this. I will agree that the WWE in general is hypocritical as *Censored*, especially Vince McMahon. However what i am saying is that as a business, not only do I understand what and why they are doing what they are doing, but since they are a business that has already had a taste of the bad racism press, I agree with what they are doing.

I just wish Vince would get caught saying something so he could finally step down.. and take Dunn with him.

I personally hope Hogan slaps Vince with a 200 million dollar lawsuit for wrongful termination. I mean what Hogan said was wrong but Vince had no reason to flat out fire him.

I personally hope Hogan slaps Vince with a 200 million dollar lawsuit for wrongful termination. I mean what Hogan said was wrong but Vince had no reason to flat out fire him.

Well... sorry to say, I doubt that lawsuit would have any chance whatsoever of succeeding. Hogan doesn't have the money he used to have if I recall, whereas the WWE could make a legit argument for how the negative press could effect their business and they have a fairly good team of lawyers.

Plus I doubt Hogan would want to do so right away, at least if he's smart. He'd be viewed by some as jumping on the lawsuit bandwagon that has been bombarding (and failing) WWE as of late. Difficult situation there.

Uhm...Yes he had ... He didn't want his company to be associated with such straight up racism. Most companies have a zero tolerance of that. Especially companies that are constantly micro-targeted by the media

Or it could b a work, I know they want to sell out wrestlemaina putting him against the rock again would do it, just a thought

Nnnnnno. They aren't going to use something like this as a work (the bad press on revealing it as a work would probably be pretty bad), and the only person who has been advocating for Hogan to have another match is Hogan himself. I doubt the WWE would want to put him in a match since the guy can barely move half the time. That'd be a legal nightmare waiting to happen.

Benoit'ing him, I don't agree with, and I hope he's still in the game, but this will be a good lesson for him. That said, this will all blow over and no one will care in two weeks. The only ones that will care are the ones that bitch and cry foul over everything anyway because that's what gets them off. It their soul purpose. I've said before, that I seriously doubt most of us and most people will not boycott this game if they leave him in. The pr nightmare will be over soon enough. It's not the content or words most will hold on to anyway. It's the fact of tearing down the biggest sports icon of the 80s. Let's be honest, that's what they really care about. Same with anybody else. Could've say it yesterday or could've said 40 years ago and would still be condemned today for it.

Benoit'ing him, I don't agree with, and I hope he's still in the game, but this will be a good lesson for him. That said, this will all blow over and no one will care in two weeks. The only ones that will care are the ones that bitch and cry foul over everything anyway because that's what gets them off. It their soul purpose. I've said before, that I seriously doubt most of us and most people will not boycott this game if they leave him in. The pr nightmare will be over soon enough. It's not the content or words most will hold on to anyway. It's the fact of tearing down the biggest sports icon of the 80s. Let's be honest, that's what they really care about. Same with anybody else. Could've say it yesterday or could've said 40 years ago and would still be condemned today for it.

Like I said, had this happened before the Del Rio incident then yeah, I would say let it blow over. But after it I agree with the WWE doing this at least initially.

Unfortunately I doubt Hogan will actually learn anything from this other than "those damn cameras are evil brother!"

Sure what he said was bad but he is hardly the first person to not want their child dating another race, both ways I might add, & for people to compare it to Benoit seems wrong, & I'd love to have Chris back in a game. The Hogan persona was never racist, & Benoit wasn't a murder on tv, there are many HOFrs who have done some f'd up stuff. But this trend of trying to erase everything that bothers anyone is BS

Sure what he said was bad but he is hardly the first person to not want their child dating another race, both ways I might add, & for people to compare it to Benoit seems wrong, & I'd love to have Chris back in a game. The Hogan persona was never racist, & Benoit wasn't a murder on tv, there are many HOFrs who have done some f'd up stuff. But this trend of trying to erase everything that bothers anyone is BS

... no one is saying it's as bad as Benoit, we're saying they are benoit'ing him at the moment. In other words, they are whiping out current references and pretending he didn't happen.

What trend? Nothing is erased about these 2 men. It's just that the profiles aren't on WWE.com.

Chris Benoit is still listed as World Heavyweight Champion, etc.

And so is Hulk Hogan.

They are not erased. The WWE simply has stopped promoting them.

Like I said, had this happened before the Del Rio incident then yeah, I would say let it blow over. But after it I agree with the WWE doing this at least initially.

Unfortunately I doubt Hogan will actually learn anything from this other than "those damn cameras are evil brother!"

I hear ya. Don't get me wrong. Whether I agree or not with them, they are doing what they think has to be done now. The way everything is nowadays, it's cut ties and figure it out later. They have to tread lightly since the Del Rio incident, so I agree to an extent. I think there probably could have been an alternative consequence that didn't require termination but maybe that was just the easiest.

I hear ya. Don't get me wrong. Whether I agree or not with them, they are doing what they think has to be done now. The way everything is nowadays, it's cut ties and figure it out later. They have to tread lightly since the Del Rio incident, so I agree to an extent. I think there probably could have been an alternative consequence that didn't require termination but maybe that was just the easiest.

I doubt Hogan will stay fired for good. They save face and then when it blows over they sit down and say "look, we'll give you your contract back as long as you shut the *Censored* up when a dumbass thought enters your head".

I want it to be that exact wording too. On his contract. Because I'd find it hilarious.

Archived