breaking news hulk hogan and wwe are done!

TRaShflow

Source: PWInsider

WWE contacted most of their licensees and partners this morning to inform them that all references to Hulk Hogan and all images of him for current or planned licensing projects must be dropped immediately.

WWE has nixed or is in the process of nixing everything from action figures to streaming music that was related to Hogan under the WWE umbrella.

Confirming Hogan will be removed from 2k16. Hopefully they weren't planning anything big involving Hogan

Man, I guess there was some writing in there that only you could read, because I did not get that from that at all. MOST, is the key word. Action figures and music are totally different than video games, that take a lot longer to put together.

That pretty much tells it. 2K has their licences and are partners with WWE so there's no reason for WWE to remove Hogan from everything else except from the game. I mean Hogan was also removed from the Hall Of Fame roster page, never before has that happened, I think.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If everything Hogan related has to be taken out, it's going to take the devs time to remove it all. I was exaggerating a bit but my point was now they will need all of that manpower to delete things as well as-in the end- produce what would be left of 2k16. It takes time to remove things from games. Look at 2k16 for last gen. Stating that I was giving up on 2K was, however, a bit of hyperbole on my part. It just seems as though 2K could not catch a break ever since they worked on the series.

If everything Hogan related has to be taken out, it's going to take the devs time to remove it all. I was exaggerating a bit but my point was now they will need all of that manpower to delete things as well as-in the end- produce what would be left of 2k16. It takes time to remove things from games. Look at 2k16 for last gen. Stating that I was giving up on 2K was, however, a bit of hyperbole on my part. It just seems as though 2K could not catch a break ever since they worked on the series.

They... need all that manpower to remove him? What? How difficult do you think it is to remove a character? Worst case scenario, he's in a showcase that they'll remove, make everyone not hogan playable normally, and use one of the DLC showcases as a replacement.

Anyways, if you want to blame someone, you blame Hogan. He's the racist piece of shit here.

It doesn't mean it will take every man/woman power in the team and doesn't mean it will take all remaining time

Okay I'm going by the worst case scenario of a Hogan showcase, and yes, Hogan is the one responsible for his racist words.

He is responsible for his racist words and he did apologize but what WWE could have done was have his back, instead they hid behind their lawyers and took the cowards way out.

Okay I'm going by the worst case scenario of a Hogan showcase, and yes, Hogan is the one responsible for his racist words.

He is responsible for his racist words and he did apologize but what WWE could have done was have his back, instead they hid behind their lawyers and took the cowards way out.

"Lets support the racist piece of garbage despite the fact that we've gotten enough eyes on us from the last time we handled a racial issue poorly. That'll make things right!"...

Nah, I don't think so.

Well I guess I won't be getting WWE 2k16 then lol, kinda pointless to without the biggest star in WWE history in the game

Biggest but not the best, I liked Hogan but even if he were still in the game I'd probably end up playing more as Savage,Sting,HBK,Razor,Bret Hart,Taker,Rock,other legends and new stars than even Hollywood Hogan

"Lets support the racist piece of garbage despite the fact that we've gotten enough eyes on us from the last time we handled a racial issue poorly. That'll make things right!"...

Nah, I don't think so.

Truly I hope Hogan sues WWE for wrongful termination. He's not a racist, he just used a racial slur, I don't think he truly hates African Americans, if not he wouldn't have worked with them at all in the ring which he did. Plus you have to look at the source material and who made the tape. Kinda suspicious there considering.

Plus all WWE cares about now is covering it's ass. They have no backbone and it shows.

*Censored* him for probably delaying the game as well. Jesus Hogan.

Blame WWE. They are the ones who are canceling all the projects he had going.

Well I guess I won't be getting WWE 2k16 then lol, kinda pointless to without the biggest star in WWE history in the game

Yes and we will be banned from uploading Hulk Hogan CAWs on CC because that's 2K's policy on Chris Benoit.

Nah, I don't think so.

Truly I hope Hogan sues WWE for wrongful termination. He's not a racist, he just used a racial slur, I don't think he truly hates African Americans, if not he wouldn't have worked with them at all in the ring which he did. Plus you have to look at the source material and who made the tape. Kinda suspicious there considering.

He didn't just use a racial slur...

They... need all that manpower to remove him? What? How difficult do you think it is to remove a character? Worst case scenario, he's in a showcase that they'll remove, make everyone not hogan playable normally, and use one of the DLC showcases as a replacement.

Anyways, if you want to blame someone, you blame Hogan. He's the racist piece of shit here.

Pepsay, you know we pretty much agree on everything and I'd back you up on just about anything. Hogan should've kept his mouth shut for sure, but man this feels weird to me. Like they were just looking for a reason to get rid of him. Just shows you how hypocritical WWE can be.

As far as the game is concerned, they may remove him and they may not. Not sure why people are thinking this is going to cripple 2k16 lol.

Oh, I forgot who I was talking to.

Stop telling people what to think. No need to start fights.

Start fights? Jaysus, I know people on caws like to throw the term "soft" around a lot, but all I did was realize I was talking to someone who tends to not be able to read the writing on the wall.

You're not exactly a paragon of virtue yourself when it comes to meaningless arguments, by the way.

Oh, I forgot who I was talking to.

What's that supposed to mean? In my opinion the world has gotten too sensitive when we are really concerned over a racial slur Hogan said 8 years ago. If he was a racist, would he have had Mr. T as his partner at WM? Would he have wrestled Zeus? I think people have forgotten what a racist truly is. A racist doesn't want to even be around that group or race. He used a racial slur, was it wrong? Yes. Should he be fired for it? No. He should have simply made an apology and maybe WWE could have suspended his appearances for a while but they didnt need to fire him. The world had gotten too sensitive and it's not or it's own good. Why can't people just get over the whole race thing?? It's so 1960s, time to move on and for us to all accept who we are...human beings.

Pepsay, you know we pretty much agree on everything and I'd back you up on just about anything. Hogan should've kept his mouth shut for sure, but man this feels weird to me. Like they were just looking for a reason to get rid of him. Just shows you how hypocritical WWE can be.

As far as the game is concerned, they may remove him and they may not. Not sure why people are thinking this is going to cripple 2k16 lol.

If they just wanted to get rid of him, they would have.

What Hogan said would have been a PR-nightmare for the WWE and they would have lost unnecessarly money, fans and image

Well people need to stop typing out of their ass and think logically and realistically

Not everyone will. You need to deal with that reality.

They did the same with punk last year and notified the licensees to drop punk projects and anything using his likeness. He was still in 2k15.

If Hogan is part of a showcase he'll most likely still be in just not promoted as being part of it.

Because CM Punk took that to WWE that they can't do that and won.

Had this happened before the Del Rio incident I'd probably agree that the WWE is being dumb here, but after that, they know quite well that a lot of people have their eye on them. Bad press from supporting racists is not something that is easily dropped I'd think.

I agree with them, in this instance, of releasing him. I'm not entirely sure if I agree with them straight up Benoit'ing him, but the loss of some royalty money for a game is not something i'm going to cry over. Even if he pretends to be sorry (though I doubt he really is, his apology is as "celebrity" as they come), the fact is he said those words. They came from his mouth, and nowadays, you gotta put your money where your mouth is.

In the end I simply cannot blame WWE for trying to save face. It's not the 1990s and 1980s anymore and stuff that might've been tolerated then isn't tolerated anymore. Homophobia, racism, etc. included.

Now whether he should continue to be... ignored or however you'd like to put it, I think should depend on how he himself handles the situation going forward.

As for why people think it'll cripple 2K16... I've no clue. Perhaps people are worried it'll have the same effect as Benoits removal from 2008? But if I recall correctly, that removal was far closer to the release date. I could be wrong on that though since my memory is less than perfect.

Archived