Idea to Bring Back GM Mode

JH27

So I was just playing FIFA ultimate team when it occurred to me that that's how 2K can bring back GM Mode. All they need to do is give you a starter pack of maybe 8-10 wrestlers and then have you compete in challenges weekly to earn currency to buy more packs to try and make your ideal roster. Once you get a decent roster you then have to put on shows with rivalries and other segments. Like ultimate team a pack would come with like 2-3 superstars/divas and equipment (contracts or arenas or even match types)

What do you guys think?

The only way I can see GM Mode working is during the Monday Night Wars with ECW also included, maybe call it Vintage Mode as GM Mode wouldn't really be the right term for it. But that would include a lot of past wrestlers on the roster, or at least as DLC.

Basically you start out booker WWE, then when WCW breaks away from the NWA you have a chance to join them or stay with the WWE. Same happens when ECW changes from Eastern to Extreme and your aim to become the number 1 wrestling company in the world by WrestleMania X-Seven.

It won't happen though as too many arenas and superstars too include, but it's the only way I can see GM Mode back as a success.

The only way I can see GM Mode working is during the Monday Night Wars with ECW also included, maybe call it Vintage Mode as GM Mode wouldn't really be the right term for it. But that would include a lot of past wrestlers on the roster, or at least as DLC.

Basically you start out booker WWE, then when WCW breaks away from the NWA you have a chance to join them or stay with the WWE. Same happens when ECW changes from Eastern to Extreme and your aim to become the number 1 wrestling company in the world by WrestleMania X-Seven.

It won't happen though as too many arenas and superstars too include, but it's the only way I can see GM Mode back as a success.

Sounds cool but I wouldn't like it like that. Sounds too linear and more like a story mode.

GM's don't operate on TV anymore so it won't be back and speaking personally I never really liked the mode like someone stated I'd rather they worked on Universe mode and iron out kinks in that like giving you results for matches you have edited, wtf 2K?

I think it'd be best to make it work just by adding it onto the Universe Mode.

-Start you up as the GM of NXT, give you the NXT cast plus a few generics (hopefully better than Barron Blade)

-Make the GM mode not just have whoever has a higher Over All win so we can actually get some surprise victories without having to Sim or play the matches themselves

-Implement some system for Match and Angle ratings, a system that actually allows for outliers too. Not all minimum 3 star matches.

-Then as you continue to GM NXT you can get an option to move to Smackdown and ultimately to RAW once you consistently get good show/PPV ratings.

That system tied to an ability to stick with NXT or move back and forth and an ability to add CAWs into NXT/Smackdown/RAW would be pretty excellent to me.

That Card idea could be fun too, if it was set up with % chances to pick up a Jobber, Mid-Card, Upper Card, or Main Eventer...but only if it was made with zero intention of ever implementing microtransactions.

If it was balanced to not include microtransactions, great, you can improve at a reasonable speed. If it was implemented with the knowledge that things can be speeded up with microtransactions...then the reality is that progression is going to be slowed down to encourage people to purchase microtransactions.

My idea is just add new elements to universe. I have not played last years game so if any of this is already being done I apologize. I would have different TV ratings for the different shows and say I ran raw and a buddy ran smackdown another buddy ran custom fed. You could do in online. Just have ratings war page and some custom toggle options like being able to trade or sign free agent from another fed.

As great as it would be to have another mode included instead of removed, I never liked GM mode in any of the previous games it was in.

I never found it anything special either. Prefer Storyline Designer.

As great as it would be to have another mode included instead of removed, I never liked GM mode in any of the previous games it was in.

I never found it anything special either. Prefer Storyline Designer.

I enjoy strategy & resource management games, and I hoped GM mode would fit that. But I didn't it was just get as many big stars as quickly as you can & win

Archived