Don't Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Juice in the Hood

Mean Girls

The Dark Knight

X-Men: First Class

Skyfall

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Synecdoche New York

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I listed a lot more than I thought I would! I base my favourite films on how much I enjoy them so yeah that's why some of these are very strange picks :XD:

I love every Quentin Tarantino movie that isn't Death Proof.

Tarantino is sooo overrated. Scorcese is too but to a lesser extent.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Airplane!

The Jerk

The Three Amigos

Billy Madison

Not Another Teen Movie

Hot Rod

the goat comedy movies for me

you lack Blues Brothers and Animal House.

Get the entire *Censored* out of here.

I forgot Gangster Squad. I love watching that movie, and I don't understand why people say it's too violent or gorey.

I thought it was great too man. Not as good as similar films that came before it (L.A. Confidential, Goodfellas, etc) but I don't agree with the people who claim it's more style than substance.

Why do they say it's more style over substance? I thought the substance overshadowed the style - going after one of the biggest crime lord of the city and destroying his empire in whatever way possible. It is violent, but there's more to it than that, despite some questionable logic. Though, since the style was pretty good, I guess that stood out the most.

No real order, and just off the top of my head, there's probably ones I'm forgetting:

Apocalypse Now

Goodfellas

Forrest Gump

No Country for Old Men

Bronson

American Psycho

Full Metal Jacket

Halloween (1978)

The Thing (1982)

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Mad Max: Fury Road

Training Day

I Saw the Devil

Oldboy

The Raid

Pulp Fiction

Filth

The Usual Suspects

The Warriors

The Big Lebowski

The Machinist

You're Next

Predator

Guardians of the Galaxy

So guys since I'm changing my genre in movies...I started watching some romantic ones like Before Sunsire,Sunset and Midnight..I have to ask what are some great romantic movies out there but not overly cheesy like the Notebook or overly sexualised like these "Comedy-Romantic" ones?

So guys since I'm changing my genre in movies...I started watching some romantic ones like Before Sunsire,Sunset and Midnight..I have to ask what are some great romantic movies out there but not overly cheesy like the Notebook or overly sexualised like these "Comedy-Romantic" ones?

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 500 Days of Summer, Drive (not really romantic but has a romantic side to it and is excellent) Lost In Translation

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 500 Days of Summer, Drive (not really romantic but has a romantic side to it and is excellent) Lost In Translation

Thanks dude..It's all about this special feeling that I'm searching for in the\e romantic movies...not these "comedic" ones

Check these out as well:

Annie Hall - Classic Woody Allen

City Lights - Classic Charlie Chaplin

Love Me Tonight - Fun musical

Punch-Drunk Love - Don't expect a "Sandler" film

Sunrise - Beautiful silent film

Vertigo - Strange and demented; deals with obsessive love.

The bolded were very good, Haven't seen the others (Although I feel like I've seen Annie Hall) but those were superb. Though, I will admit, Vertigo didn't give me much of a romantic vibe, but that's probably more because of me, ha.

Check these out as well:

The bolded were very good, Haven't seen the others (Although I feel like I've seen Annie Hall) but those were superb. Though, I will admit, Vertigo didn't give me much of a romantic vibe, but that's probably more because of me, ha.

Yeah, it's not traditionally romantic but it deals with love & romance -- just not in a sweet way. Marnie is like that, too.

Check these out as well:

Don't forget Modern Times. Charlie and Paulette were pretty cute together, and I enjoyed that dream sequence where both were married with a house. :lol:

1. Days of Thunder

2. Digimon The Movie

3. Return of the Jedi

The rest are hard to remember, as I'm really more of a video games person. In no particular order, I can think of movies that I like: Robocop, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Santa Clause, The Running Man, Revenge of the Sith, Ghostbusters, Sister Act, Back to the Future, Rush Hour, Chris Farley / David Spade buddy comedies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), The Mask, John Candy movies...

Archived