What's their plan for this guy?

SEV7N.

.... there is no reason to mention CM Punk.

And Rollins barley held the title for 100 days yet...

There's plenty of reason to mention him if you're talking about great champions.

It seems like he's held for so much longer, they really need to take the title off of him or change his character.

They are going to mess with AJ's record because that's doable. They know that they can't book the world title scene consistently for so long as it will take to break Punks record, which is why they are trying to go for AJ's record instead.

Or at least that's just a hunch, but it sure feels like that.

On topic: Brad Maddox hasn't done anything forever, why not just give him a few lower/midcarder matches?

.... there is no reason to mention CM Punk.

And Rollins barley held the title for 100 days yet...

There's plenty of reason to mention him if you're talking about great champions.

It seems like he's held for so much longer, they really need to take the title off of him or change his character.

There has legit been no need to mention Punk. Stop grasping at straws. There is a thousand guys they could've mentioned, but haven't. There is a time and a place.

Tbh Raw was probably too big for Brad to be in charge of (and unfortunately The Authority's reign started about the same time as his), but maybe they can give him NXT. I'm curious to see how a heel GM would work down there...yes, I know they had JBL for a second but he showed up once in a blue moon.

But yeah, let's see if this thing with Heath Slater leads anywhere first.

I thought Regal was the NXT GM? Slater is doing fine jobbing in upupdowndown.

Tbh Raw was probably too big for Brad to be in charge of (and unfortunately The Authority's reign started about the same time as his), but maybe they can give him NXT. I'm curious to see how a heel GM would work down there...yes, I know they had JBL for a second but he showed up once in a blue moon.

But yeah, let's see if this thing with Heath Slater leads anywhere first.

I thought Regal was the NXT GM? Slater is doing fine jobbing in upupdowndown.

Yeah, but Regal is face.

Why the *Censored* are we talking about Punk? This guy is worse than CHZR at least he mentions Ryder in relevant threads.

Anyway Maddox will job on house shows then get released.

I hope he gets a chance in NXT. He can cut good promos though he's average in the ring but he's never really had that much time from what I've seen. I see star quality in him I really do

I thought Maddox had already been an authority figure at NXT. I remember there being a backstage segment where he called Kassius Ohno a B+ (C-) player

He was Vickie's personal advisor on Raw back then and "scouting" for talent on NXT. He also did commentary for like 2 sets of tapings

Honestly, I just don't see Maddox ever being a valuable asset as a wrestler. He's good as a yes-man, or a consultant, or a referee...but not much else. That said, I actually do enjoy him in the aforementioned roles. If they brought him back as a weaselly referee who gave wins to the people he liked...and couldn't be fired for some reason, despite his erratic tendencies...that would be entertaining to me. Like Nick Patrick used to do after the invasion...

Make him the authorities personal referee or something. Or even Seth Rollins' personal referee.

I don't think they should've released Briley Pierce (Dolph Ziggler's brother), Maddox and Pierce could've been a good addition to the tag division like they were on FCW.

Archived