Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Wasn't a Ghost Rider movie released last year?

Courts ruled in favor of Marvel studios for them to get the rights back a few months before Ghost Rider 2 released.

It should be noted both of the movies under the Marvel Knights banner were done so under circumstances of the rights going back to Marvel at the last minute. I don't think Marvel Studios actually had anything to do with either one.

Just a small thing that I noticed a little bit after I watched The Avengers. How was it that Thor got so used to current lingo in such a short time span on Earth?

What lingo did he get used to? He didn't even know what monkeys were.

I was meaning his dialogue in Avengers. Compare that to his in Thor and it would sound like Thor has been on Earth a lot longer than his time there in his movie.

I clearly referenced the same movie. He doesn't seem any more in tune with Earth than he was at the end of his own movie.

Ok DAN, I'm not the only one who has noticed this about Thor. Quite a few of my friends have noticed it as well :cool: One of them that I've discussed this with before is on this site as well.

Then why isn't anything actually being referenced instead of constantly saying the same thing, that you think he understood Earth speak too much?

He still didn't know what monkeys were and went on tangent about Asgardian creatures, not knowing they don't exist on Earth.

I did reference what I was meaning. His dialogue in the movie. Just as Slash just said, Thor sounded like he had been on Earth a lot longer than he was in Thor by the way he was talking. He didn't at all sound like he did when his movie started and stuff is what I'm getting at. I'm not saying he understood the lingo of Earth, I'm saying he spoke more like a human did he did an Asgardian.

^Wasn't a Ghost Rider movie released last year?

Yea & it was released by Columbia pictures....so I don't think Marvel has the film right to Ghost Rider, at least not yet anyways.

Edit: Although I was not aware of the court ruling that was previously discussed lol

The Winter Soldier? Doesn't that mean it will be set before Avengers?

Im assuming the main part of the movie will be post-Avengers. Really the only thing they can do pre-Avengers is flashbacks to how the Winter Solider came to be and maybe a few of his older missions?

Mandarin in Iron Man 3 is awesome. Really wish I knew more about Marvel other than Spiderman that was one of the few I read as a kid, but I know enough about Iron Man to be stoked about Mandarin in the next movie one of my favorite Marvel badguys.

Wonder if we will ever get a Namor movie he is another Marvel character I love.

Buzzing for Winter Soldier and Rocket Racoon. Also looking forward to Ant-Man too.

Hope Marvel go all out now, releasing loads of films in this Universe.

I could see Phase Three being Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel. Two will replace the new ones of this phase (There isn't need for sequels to Ant-Man and Guardians), and one will fill the void that the lack of Iron Man leaves. Then of course we'll get Thor and Cap 3.

When it will really get interesting will be what it all leads into.

Buzzing for Winter Soldier and Rocket Racoon. Also looking forward to Ant-Man too.

I could see Phase Three being Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel. Two will replace the new ones of this phase (There isn't need for sequels to Ant-Man and Guardians), and one will fill the void that the lack of Iron Man leaves. Then of course we'll get Thor and Cap 3.

I heard they were planning on having Phase 3 be the Civil War storyline. So would assume it would have everyone in it. If they do do that, Avengers 3 has massive potential.

I heard they were planning on having Phase 3 be the Civil War storyline. So would assume it would have everyone in it. If they do do that, Avengers 3 has massive potential.

It does and doesn't at the same time. A Civil War movie would have to be very carefully written, and the heroes they introduce leading up to it would have to be just as careful so each side makes some logical sense. Plus, I don't think they will ultimately pull the trigger on the story that pissed people off about the portrayal of Iron Man and had fans hating him to this day for his role in the story. I know it's what they want to happen, but I don't think it will work the more I think about it.

Thor also would have no place in Civil War, so take that for what it is.

I feel Civil War would be way to big to do on the big screen there are too many characters that probably wouldn't be in the movie. I mean Spider-man has a pretty big role in the movie and i feel people who didn't read the Civil War series would HATE the ending of a movie version.

Plus Civil War would be no way to end a movie franchise. Unless they would go forward after the fact. I would love to see Captain America die on the big screen.

I'm not too knowledgeable on comics. Just the well known stuff so what is the "Civil War"?

Civil War is a storyline where the government puts a superhuman registration act in place, forcing all superhumans to reveal their secret identities, as well as train and work under the government. Captain America finds this to be against freedom and justice, so he opposes and others follow, while Iron Man thinks it's the next logical step for superheroes and both sides collide.

It's believed that the council in The Avengers is kind of meant to be planting the seeds for this story to happen.

Archived