Marvel Cinematic Universe

Which movie do you guys think the post-credits scene set-up? It's possible for Thor 2 but it's definitely setting up for Avengers sequel no? Regardless, I can see why Kevin Feige thinks Avengers 3 would feature Civil War. By Avengers 2, we would get new movies for Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, both of which are in production and we definitely will get new additions into the team for the sequel. Eventually, the council gets pissed at the rise of Superheros and TEASE a registration act to Fury.

Personally, I think Thanos is for Ironman 3. Thanos was first introduced in the Ironman comic books I believe, and I think that Ironman 3 is the next film to be released of May next year. The films generally hype the next film. But then, part of me thinks that Thanos could defeat all the Avengers in their personal movies, and then we have Avengers 2 in about 2015 (providing they dont do an Ant-Man/Black Widow/Hawkeye film.

I heard somewhere that Iron man 3 had started filming in China, which may mean the MANDARIN!!!! WOO!!!

It hasn't yet but later in the month I believe.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which movie do you guys think the post-credits scene set-up? It's possible for Thor 2 but it's definitely setting up for Avengers sequel no? Regardless, I can see why Kevin Feige thinks Avengers 3 would feature Civil War. By Avengers 2, we would get new movies for Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, both of which are in production and we definitely will get new additions into the team for the sequel. Eventually, the council gets pissed at the rise of Superheros and TEASE a registration act to Fury.

Personally, I think Thanos is for Ironman 3. Thanos was first introduced in the Ironman comic books I believe, and I think that Ironman 3 is the next film to be released of May next year. The films generally hype the next film. But then, part of me thinks that Thanos could defeat all the Avengers in their personal movies, and then we have Avengers 2 in about 2015 (providing they dont do an Ant-Man/Black Widow/Hawkeye film.

I heard somewhere that Iron man 3 had started filming in China, which may mean the MANDARIN!!!! WOO!!!

It hasn't yet but later in the month I believe.

Ok, yeah, I thought that. Plus...

I tend to think Thanos is for Avengers 2, as a proper Thanos is far to powerful for just one to defeat.

I think Thanos should be teased and built up via post-credits scenes for most of the upcoming movies. I believe he will be in Guardians of The Galaxy before Avengers 2 because Avengers 2 has no plans at the moment and Guardians of The Galaxy is in pre-development.

Also, does everyone read what everything Kevin Feige says? He's sometimes a real idiot and annoys me.

I also want to know whose blood was on the Captain America trading cards. I don't think Fury would've just wiped them on Coulson's body.

I think Thanos should be teased and built up via post-credits scenes for most of the upcoming movies. I believe he will be in Guardians of The Galaxy before Avengers 2 because Avengers 2 has no plans at the moment and Guardians of The Galaxy is in pre-development.

Also, does everyone read what everything Kevin Feige says? He's sometimes a real idiot and annoys me.

I also want to know whose blood was on the Captain America trading cards. I don't think Fury would've just wiped them on Coulson's body.

Eh, they'll probably "WWE" it and just expect that we either believe he did, or we just won't get an explanation.

They can't just show a bunch of Thanos-related scenes out of context. If the cosmic-related Marvel movies happen, we can see some logical stuff there, otherwise the easiest way they'll be able to build him up would be through a Thor 2 credits scene, if Avengers 2 involves the Infinity Gauntlet, or just do it through Avengers 2 itself.

Thanos? I don't know, upon seeing it, my friend kind of analyzed it and thought it was a Skrull. But then again, the lights went on during the credits, so no one could've seen what was going on correctly...

Otherwise, great movie. I really enjoyed it, especially on opening day. This is a must-see...

Thanos? I don't know, upon seeing it, my friend kind of analyzed it and thought it was a Skrull. But then again, the lights went on during the credits, so no one could've seen what was going on correctly...

Thanos has always had similar look to Skrulls, but it was clearly him in the post-credit scene. The armor, the costume, it's completely Thanos.

They can't just show a bunch of Thanos-related scenes out of context. If the cosmic-related Marvel movies happen, we can see some logical stuff there, otherwise the easiest way they'll be able to build him up would be through a Thor 2 credits scene, if Avengers 2 involves the Infinity Gauntlet, or just do it through Avengers 2 itself.

Never said they had to show scenes, but maybe a mention of something that relates to him would be fun. I think Guardians of The Galaxy will come before Avengers 2, however. Just my two-cents.

Who is to say that IronMan/Cap/Thor would all defeat Thanos? Thanos may be the new villain, one which will actually pose a real threat. Maybe the purpose is that they all lose in their respective movie and it sets up Avengers 2. Avengers 2 is supposed to be based on desperation, though admittedly, it is rumours galore at the moment.

Only confirmation about Avengers 2 is that Kevin Feige said it may feature a different team.

The team losing to Thanos in their own movies would be worthless because Thanos allows himself to lose.

I just recently downloaded The Infinity War so I'll know some more about Thanos and his motives to see the general direction the movies are going.

Someone mentioned Marvel and Sony/Fox splitting the money on adding Spiderman and Wolverine, but how would that work, with the previous films not being in the universe? I'd be fine with a new Wolverine actor, but Garfield has literally only just started, so it would be stupid to stop that series already.

Someone mentioned Marvel and Sony/Fox splitting the money on adding Spiderman and Wolverine, but how would that work, with the previous films not being in the universe? I'd be fine with a new Wolverine actor, but Garfield has literally only just started, so it would be stupid to stop that series already.

They could easily be in the Marvel CInematic Universe because there isn't any active continuity problems as far as we know when it comes to Spider-Man, and the only problems with Wolverine is explaining why it was never shown he and Cap met, and why Spider-Man and X-Men didn't help The Avengers in the final act of the movie.

Yeah, the only other problem, is Spiderman just looks too dark for Avengers, don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to happen. Also, they would mention the whole Loki invasion malarky in Spiderman, unless it's set before Avengers, but as you said, why was he not recruited before?

As for X-Men, that whole series is a cluster*censored*, and just needs to be started over. First Class could have done, but they went ahead and gave Huge Ackman a cameo, cementing it in the continuity.

Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine doesn't make it in continuity.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is OFFICIALLY no longer in the canon because the new movie coming up "The Wolverine" ignores the events of that film and Origins is said not to be in continuity now I guess.

I think Spider-Man should be recruited before Wolverine though, just because Andrew Garfield would have much more to bring to the series in my opinion.

So was Avengers. Disney bought Marvel like a year and a half ago dude.

All that report is saying is that Disney [Which really should be Marvel] is working with the Chinese, which further confirms Mandarin rumors.

I agree. I didn't feel at all that Iron Monger could beat Tony in any way, shape or form but Whiplash had something that could actually defeat Tony (with whips). However, the final battle in the film just like Iron Man was guy in modified Iron armor vs Original Guy with Iron Man armor.

You guys are kidding right? Obadiah Stane damn nearly killed Tony, just by 'unplugging' him. If Pepper hadn't had his previous energy source kept in a little glass case and listened to Stark, he'd have been dead before Coulson could abbreviate the name 'Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcements and Logistics Division'. The only reason Whiplash got close (albeit, he was a great villain) was because a.) Tony was a drunk and b.) Tony was a drunk.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is OFFICIALLY no longer in the canon because the new movie coming up "The Wolverine" ignores the events of that film and Origins is said not to be in continuity now I guess.

I think Spider-Man should be recruited before Wolverine though, just because Andrew Garfield would have much more to bring to the series in my opinion.

Yeah, plus they can always play Spider-Man off as having happened AFTER Avengers, though they're both in New York, which will seem odd, considering New York will be back to being nice and clean in Spidey.

If there's one thing for sure, Fantastic Four are DEFINITELY not going to be in Avengers. Unless they somehow play Cap America and Human Torch off as being twin brothers from different times.

Yeah, plus they can always play Spider-Man off as having happened AFTER Avengers, though they're both in New York, which will seem odd, considering New York will be back to being nice and clean in Spidey.

If there's one thing for sure, Fantastic Four are DEFINITELY not going to be in Avengers. Unless they somehow play Cap America and Human Torch off as being twin brothers from different times.

They are looking to reboot the Fantastic Four starting in 2014 I heard.

Who is to say that IronMan/Cap/Thor would all defeat Thanos? Thanos may be the new villain, one which will actually pose a real threat. Maybe the purpose is that they all lose in their respective movie and it sets up Avengers 2. Avengers 2 is supposed to be based on desperation, though admittedly, it is rumours galore at the moment.

It's going to be really hard to do the follow-up movies and build Avengers 2 at the same time in a satisfying way. If they have Thanos show up in every movie and defeat everyone it's going to take away from the movie and get stale.

Archived