Marvel Cinematic Universe

Well, the dark knight was my favorite movie ever, but the Avengers has taken that spot. It truly is a masterpiece and all the characters tie in to perfection plus everyone had an important part. It wasnt just "The team fights and then learns to fight together", it goes much deeper than that. 10 outta 5 stars for sure. This movie lives up to the hype and surpasses it.

P.S SPOILER ABOUT THE MOVIE, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS.

So during the mid-credits scene, who was the real threat? I am not into comics so I dont really know much. I love how they set up the Avengers 2 with it. Hulk hitting Thor after taking down the carrier alien was probably my favorite scene.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple people have reported that the, what you guys claim, "mid-credits" scene is actually after the credits because they had to wait. There was also a rumor that they filmed an extra scene a week or so ago, so maybe it wasn't in the UK shipment?

Also, regarding TDKR new trailer, I heard the UK hasn't gotten a new one either? Because it's confirmed for May 4th showings.

A couple people have reported that the, what you guys claim, "mid-credits" scene is actually after the credits because they had to wait. There was also a rumor that they filmed an extra scene a week or so ago, so maybe it wasn't in the UK shipment?

Also, regarding TDKR new trailer, I heard the UK hasn't gotten a new one either? Because it's confirmed for May 4th showings.

I went to see Avengers today and the only TDKR trailer was the old one. I'm in Wales. For some odd reason, I didn't stay for the mid-credits or post-credits, so if anyone can tell me what happened or provide a link that would be great!

It really is that amazing a film. Everyone gets their moment to shine (my main concern going in was that one or two characters were going to be the focus of the movie, leaving everyone else by the wayside - kind of like how the X-Men movies were all about Wolverine) the action scenes were amazing (nearly all of which left me with a smile on my face) and the dialogue is brilliant.

Some people have made the case for this being the best super hero movie ever. I put this up there with The Dark Knight as far as a super hero story goes. However, this is, by a sizeable margin, the best COMIC BOOK movie ever made. For my money, The Dark Knight isn't even in contention for this category since it took a more realistic approach (something they were allowed to do, given the hero it's based on), so much so that, by the end of the movie, it doesn't feel like it was based on a comic book. The Avengers fully embraces the fact that it's based on a comic book property and has fun with it, and by having fun with it, the audience has fun as well (be they comic book readers or a more casual audience). There's actually one slow-mo scene during a Thor fight that feels like it comes straight out of a panel of a comic book.

It was, overall, the best time I ever had in a movie theatre. I'm sure all of you will enjoy it.

And by the way, wait for the mid-credits scene (this time you don't have to wait until the end of the credits). If you're familiar with the Marvel mythos, you won't be sorry!

Nice. I can not wait to see this. One week away!

So I never watched Thor or Hulk's movies, but did something happen to make Black Widow really afraid of the hulk(The encounter in the hut where she was about to cry and her encounter in the SHIELD with the hulk that made her breakdown? and what is the debt she was talking about with Hawkeye?

MOVIE QUESTIONS.

So I never watched Thor or Hulk's movies, but did something happen to make Black Widow really afraid of the hulk(The encounter in the hut where she was about to cry and her encounter in the SHIELD with the hulk that made her breakdown? and what is the debt she was talking about with Hawkeye?

MOVIE QUESTIONS.

Yeah, I think this was one of the very few issues I had with the movie. I mean, I'm not feminist when it comes to the whole representation of women in films, but it seemed as if they made her a lot more emotional than she was in Iron Man 2 (she was basically a vegetable in that movie), though this did give her character a bit more depth. Plus, in two occasions, she was seen to fake emotion to force answers from others, so I could never tell when she was truly being emotional or not. I assume she was afraid of the Hulk though, because of his reputation. Still, a very strange character, especially considering Joss Whedon's tendencies to make his female heroes total emotionless bad-asses.

I really might watch this movie again. It was just awesome.

And also.. is the new Dark Night trailer the one where Bane blows up the football stadium?? Thats what played when we were waiting for The Avengers.

No, that was the old one. No trailer played here in mexico. Im guessing they are saving it for the states.

Watched the movie on IMAX 3D yesterday, and I must say, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man 2 and X-Men:First Class aren't tied as my favorite movies anymore, this movie just beat every single one of them in my opinion. I loved everything about the movie. Loved how the dialogue was written, was entertaining all throughout definitely. The fight scenes were done well and even the major one at the end with all the aliens was really well-made and well-shot. Loved how they gave almost everyone equal screen-time and it didn't feel like someone's more important than the other. Laughed a lot of times and that actually made the movie even better for me. Didn't really get how Thor went back to Earth but that's pretty much the only thing I didn't get. Kind of unsure about the after-credits, are those Skrulls? O_O

I'm still unsure how I feel about how much comedy was in the movie. To me, it made it seem more like an action-comedy, but at the same time, it strangely made it much more entertaining than most other comic book films. I must say though, it did feel very 'Whedony' (the comedy, mirror shots, female power, well-written dialogue and intense shots etc), which is always a good thing.

Below I offer some clarification on the post-credits scene. If you haven't seen the movie yet, please DON'T open. It's a much more rewarding scene if you go and watch it without knowing a thing (the way I saw it):

It was Thanos. That was only made cleared by his second-in-command (some people speculate he was Living Tribunal) saying that going against Earth is "courting Death", something that's been a Thanos trademark from the beginning (therefore the reason why he was shown smirking at the camera).

Oh, something that I wanted to bring up-

Usually, when I go to watch a 3D film, I'm generally disappointed, since it all seems to me like a 2-D image put in front of a 'further away' 2-D image, which distracts me from the actual film (kinda like Nintendo 3DS' visuals or as I told my friend 'like watching Punch and Judy, except your estranged Uncle isn't hiding below the screen'). However, watching Avengers was - for the first time since watching Avatar - the one time I actually enjoyed watching something in 3D more than I would have watching it in 2D. Since I assume they filmed in 3D, it meant that only specific things (such as in one instance, Hawkeye's biceps) were in 3D, and even then, it wasn't 'too much'. It's not often that I can watch a 3D movie and at one point forget that it's actually in 3D. So far, Avengers and Avatar are the only ones, so kudos for that reason.

Usually, when I go to watch a 3D film, I'm generally disappointed, since it all seems to me like a 2-D image put in front of a 'further away' 2-D image, which distracts me from the actual film (kinda like Nintendo 3DS' visuals or as I told my friend 'like watching Punch and Judy, except your estranged Uncle isn't hiding below the screen'). However, watching Avengers was - for the first time since watching Avatar - the one time I actually enjoyed watching something in 3D more than I would have watching it in 2D. Since I assume they filmed in 3D, it meant that only specific things (such as in one instance, Hawkeye's biceps) were in 3D, and even then, it wasn't 'too much'. It's not often that I can watch a 3D movie and at one point forget that it's actually in 3D. So far, Avengers and Avatar are the only ones, so kudos for that reason.

It was actually converted into 3D post-production.

I..... I remember reading that exact post last week from you <____<

Are you talking to me? Because if so, I only watched Avengers for the first time yesterday. 0_o

It was actually converted into 3D post-production.

ORLY? Well, I must say, well done to whoever did that fantastic job.

Archived