Marvel Cinematic Universe

But the thing with Ultron, we can see a Hank Pym cameo in Iron Man 3, maybe him and Tony discussing the blueprints of Ultron (Didn't Hank work for Stark to create Ultron?) or the blueprints/diagram laying on a table like the Captain America shield.

Doubt it, unless we see an old Hank Pym, as the film is going to see Pym, set in the 60s with a Tales to Astonish vibe, and we will have flashforwards to current day, with Lang as Ant-Man and as the main character, so seeing a Scott Lang cameo seems more likely.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm eagerly awaiting this film, have seen all the Marvel features to date, though can't remember much about the Hulk film, as it seems dated now. Iron Man (1 and 2), along with Thor and more recently, Captain America though ~ I've seen them all, and they're all good. It's been nice to see how they've come together, ready for the Avengers.

I am curious though, from most of what I've seen and read, it's only Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man that seem to get a lot of focus. What's with the Hulk and his lack of fame? In regards to the villain:

From the Hulk film:

Wasn't there some scientist that got 'infected' with the Bruces' blood? A potential villain?

From the Thor film:

Obviously we know Loki is still around, though how he is on Earth, and what he is (exactly) remains unknown. Obviously going to be a villain.

From the Cpt America film:

Red Skull ~ I wouldn't say he was dead. Seemed like he was transported to another dimension. The Avengers could re-introduce him?

You've then got three potential villains. The only 'hero' missing one (currently) is Stark.

Hopefully the aliens they're talking about are Skrulls. Could add a little twist to the story.

I'd want it to be the Kree, because it wouldn't make sense just for the skrulls to invade for no reason.

But the thing with Ultron, we can see a Hank Pym cameo in Iron Man 3, maybe him and Tony discussing the blueprints of Ultron (Didn't Hank work for Stark to create Ultron?) or the blueprints/diagram laying on a table like the Captain America shield.

Doubt it, unless we see an old Hank Pym, as the film is going to see Pym, set in the 60s with a Tales to Astonish vibe, and we will have flashforwards to current day, with Lang as Ant-Man and as the main character, so seeing a Scott Lang cameo seems more likely.

I don't see this because Joss Whedon said he wants Pym and Wasp in The Avengers sequel.

Here's some information on the villains.

The always reliable Devin Faraci over at Badass Digest has seemingly dropped some more hints about the direction Marvel Studios and writer/director Joss Whedon will be taking the alien invaders in come 2012's The Avengers. Still no word on their actual identity, but if the following is correct, they may not even have one!

What they’re seeing is a major battle between the Avengers and an invading alien army (as far as I know the aliens are currently unnamed, although their design does NOT match the standard Skrull design. They’re all CGI).

It's fairly obvious that the aliens will be all CGI creations due to the stunt guys being in mo-cap costumes, but the fact that they'll be "unnamed" and won't match the standard Skrull design is very interesting indeed. Does this the alien invaders will be a different take on the iconic villains or perhaps a race such as the Kree or Inhumans? It's worth remembering that Joss Whedon created the "Breakworld" aliens during his run on Astonishing X-Men, so it's not hard to imagine him coming up with something completely new for The Avengers!

So take it for what it's worth. Expect a shitload of info from D23 this weekend.

Also, to the other guy, the villain in the Hulk was

The Abomination, a long-time Hulk villain in comics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abomination_(comics)

I don't see this because Joss Whedon said he wants Pym and Wasp in The Avengers sequel.

According to Edgar Wright, (the dude writing it) he has said Pym will be in the 60s, but will also be seen in current day with Lang, helping him to become the new Ant-Man.

Source here. Linkety-link.

Also, to the other guy, the villain in the Hulk was

The Abomination, a long-time Hulk villain in comics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abomination_(comics)

I believe he was actually referring to;

Samuel Sterns getting infected, and his head bulging, as he becomes The Leader.

I don't even remember that part of The Hulk.>__>

Anyways, here's all the footage descriptions from D-23.

Note: Not putting this in spoilers purely because of the fact that it's official footage and not something that shouldn't be out there. Disney wanted people to see this footage, so there's no reason a description should be in spoilers.

Thanks to io9, we have an even more detailed description of The Avengers footage shown at D23 earlier today.

The footage began with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in prison on board the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier. Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) addresses Loki through the clear panels of the cage: "In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, you so much as tap on the glass..." Fury then flicks a switch and the floor of the cage almost completely drops away, revealing a 30,000 foot drop to certain doom (or as certain as doom can be with someone like Loki).

Loki simply observes, "It's an impressive cage", and he notes that it was clearly built for someone else. Fury says that it was - it was built for someone even stronger than him. Loki knows they're talking about the Hulk, calling him a mindless beast and wondering how desperate Fury must be to ally himself with the likes of such a creature. At this point we see all the various personnel who are listening into this conversation, including Hulk's human alter ego Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), and S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders).

Loki wonders what it must feel for Fury to have been so close to wielding the power of the Cosmic Cube, and how devastating it must be for all that to have slipped away. Fury accuses Loki of talking about peace and then killing for fun, and he tells Loki, "You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Loki asks him what it must be like to be in the presence of real power - to which Fury simply replies, "Let me know if real power wants a magazine or something", and walks away from the cage. The Avengers look at the prisoner on the video monitors, as Bruce Banner caustically observes, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

The footage then shows a bunch of action sequences, including a fighter jet flying over a city, an explosive truck chase, and - most intriguingly - a shot of Captain America and Thor apparently fighting each other, with Thor about to bring the hammer down on Cap's shield. All the while, we hear Nick Fury explain the mission statement of the Avengers: "There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable, to see if they could become more. To fight the battles we never could."

But the most epic exchange comes at the end, as Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) is behind a bar counter, mixing himself a drink. He describes his teammates: "Let's do a head count. We've got a couple master assassins, a demigod, and a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend" - that'd be Black Widow and Hawkeye, Thor, and Captain America. It's then that we learn Stark is talking to Loki: "And you, big fella, have managed to piss off every single one of them."

To this, Loki responds, "I have an army." Stark's eminently quotable and awesome response? "We have a Hulk." We then see the Hulk roar, and the footage ends. While it's still early days - indeed, filming is still two weeks from completion - this is looking very, very good so far.

And we have yet another revealing description of the footage from Entertainment Weekly.

While much of the plot remains under wraps (look for an EW cover story next month to reveal First Look photos and exclusive details of the story), D23 attendees got to see snippets of two tense scenes between Nick Fury and Loki, and Iron Man alter-ego Tony Stark and the god-gone-wild.

The first sequence featured an imprisoned (or is he still somehow in control?) Loki, locked in a cylindrical glass and steel cell on board the S.H.I.E.L.D. hellicarrier.

“You try to escape you so much as scratch that glass …†Fury says, throwing a switch that opens a gaping vortex into a gray rainstorm. “30,000 feet, straight down in a steel trap.â€

Loki smiles. “It’s an impressive cage, but not built for me.â€

“Built for something a lot stronger than you,†Fury snaps back.

We cut to Smulders’ Agent Maria Hill watching the exchange on a monitor. The cage is meant for Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) when he Hulks out and needs a time-out. Loki seems to know all about this, and smirks: “How desperate are you, to call on such lost creatures to defend you?â€

“How desperate am I?†Fury growls. “You threaten my world with war. You steel a force you can’t control. You talk about peace, but you kill because its fun… â€

Loki is unaffected. “It burns you to be so close,†he says. “To have the tesseract (that cosmic cube from Odin’s court that was the source of all the fighting in Captain America). To have power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share.†Loki’s smile fades: “Allow me to remind you of what real power is.â€

Fury waves him off and descends some steel steps, leaving Loki alone in the empty chamber. “Well, let me know if ‘Real Power’ wants a magazine or something.â€

Loki glowers at a camera monitoring him, and the movie cuts to Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner. “He really grows on you doesn’t he?â€

The second scene is a conversation between Tony Stark and Loki, apparently… in Stark’s private bar? In any case, Tony’s having a drink.

“Let’s do a head count,†Stark says, as the camera cuts to shots of Renner and Johansson as Hawkeye and Black Widow. “Two world class assassins …â€

Cut to Thor: “A demigod …â€

Cut to Captain America: “A living legend who actually lives up to the legend …â€

Now we’re back with Loki and Stark: “And you, big fella!†Stark says. “You’ve managed to piss off every single one of them!â€

“I have an army,†Loki snarls.

Stark gets right in the villainous god’s face. “We have a Hulk.â€

Boom! Commence cheering!

I doubt Red Skull will be in the movie.
You're probably right. They'll probably save him for Captain America 2.

This. :)

I doubt Red Skull will be in the movie.
You're probably right. They'll probably save him for Captain America 2.

This. :)

Captain America 2 will most likely feature The Winter Soldier. Red Skull is dead, dude. It's also said Captain America 2 is going to feature The Falcon and Sharon Carter.

Red Skull is dead, dude.
That's just the thing, I don't think he is. If you've seen the Thor film, and paid attention to the multiple worlds that are connected to Asgard and Earth. That Cube that Red Skull had, easily some teleportation device, and upon his 'death' it very much looked like he was being teleported to the stars; where another one of those connected planets is.

I don't believe him to be dead at all.

The actor said he wouldn't reprise his role as Red Skull, and they wouldn't recast him since they thought he was perfect in the role, therefore that debunks any chance of him being in the film. Nonetheless, the Cosmic Cube (to my knowledge) has never been used a transportation device, and the only way to get to Asgard is through the bifrost bridge (although other methods have been used as seen in TV shows and games, and we will see in Avengers).

The actor said he wouldn't reprise his role as Red Skull, and they wouldn't recast him since they thought he was perfect in the role, therefore that debunks any chance of him being in the film.
That is a shame, but guess it can't be helped.

Nonetheless, the Cosmic Cube (to my knowledge) has never been used a transportation device, and the only way to get to Asgard is through the bifrost bridge (although other methods have been used as seen in TV shows and games, and we will see in Avengers).
A few points here...

Firstly, I never said that Red Skull went to Asgard, I said he went to one of the other planets. :)

Secondly, obviously there are going to be other ways to get to and from Asgard, else Thor (who returned to Asgard in the Thor film) wouldn't be in the Avengers, as he wouldn't have had a way of getting here).

That Cosmic Cube, does it actually have a known purpose? If not, then there's nothing to say it can't have teleportation properties.

• 5 weeks later...
Following Thor's release, Marvel Studios' 2011 follow-up, Captain America: The First Avenger, will soon hit shelves on DVD and blu-ray! And courtesy of Marvel.com, a blu-ray trailer for the release has hit the net. Offering behind-the-scenes snippets from that film, and awesomely from next summer's The Avengers, as well another sneak peek at Marvel One-shot, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer, check out the trailer and info below.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=46738

SOME SCREENGRABS FROM THE VIDEO WHICH CAN BE SEEN IN THE LINK ABOVE.

ctUbY.jpg

roB77.png

cfORJ.png

WSi06.png

NorL4.png

S2TZy.png

ppxQN.png

SMNhx.png

XpvvH.png

xFtY9.png

dYrT4.png

f1jO5.png

*** EXPECT SOME NEW AVENGERS FOOTAGE FROM NEW YORK COMIC-CON, AND AN OFFICIAL THEATRICAL TRAILER "SOON" (was rumored to be attached to Real Steel but was shot down by Disney Rep, with the reply "Hopefully soon, though".)***

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if they've been posted, but here's some headshots of some of the main characters:

2me4daw.jpg

Tony Stark/Iron Man

2d1wq2u.jpg

Thor

fm3p5j.jpg

Bruce Banner

24b877m.jpg

Black Widow

xaxe28.jpg

Clint Barton/Hawkeye

1xxye8.jpg

Steve Rogers/Captain America

Cheers to the Nuts website for the pics.

So they've got Zoolander as Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk

zoolanderthehulk.png

Yeah, I'm just not going to like this movie.

Even though I like Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, I don't mind the Thor guy (Chris Hemsworth) and I'm yet to see the Hawkman guy, but I don't mind him either. I just can't stand Chris Evans as Captain America (he's just a d*uche IMO, and I've heard he is one) and I thought Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) was the weakest character in Iron Man 2. So I'll be avoiding this film (mind you I don't watch too many films in the cinema that much because I haven't found too many films to interest me), but hey that's just me.

Not only do I love Chris Evans as an actor, but I thought he fit the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America perfectly. I couldn't have casted that role better myself.

I'm fairly happy with The Avengers cast, but I am a little disappointed with Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I would have loved to see Edward Norton stick around.

I hate that hulk actor. Why did he think it was a good idea to duckface the picture? You're the mother f*cking Hulk!

Haha!

Anyway, guys, Trailer is supposed to hit on Tuesday featuring a tease (or first look) of the villains they were fighting during the Cleveland shoot, and news on what film it's going to be attached to will be released as well.

Archived