Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samuel L. Jackson flyin' the flag for black people? :shift:

Pumped. I can't wait for this film to come out!

looks to much like "ultimate" version of Fury i have always been a huge fan of the WW2 veteran howling commando version of the character

he looks like him, because "ultimate" Nick Fury was based upon the man himself.

Excited about this... yet afraid that Joss Whedon is going to f*ck it up. Mostly because he wrote the screenplay. I'd be cool with him directing this, but not writing it. The dialogue is going to be all snarky and shit with him behind the wheel and the characters are going to stop in the middle of major action so they can banter back and forth and crap. I just know it, I know his style and it works for some things, but I think it's going to fail with this movie. To Whedon's credit, he is good at juggling screen time with a team of characters as opposed to one specific main hero. I will give credit where it is due, but I really fear that his style of dialogue is going to turn me off to the movie.

They should have had Jon Favreau direct The Avengers!! I mean think about it, out of all the base movies that these characters hail from, the Iron Man series has been the best. I know Jon is still an exec producer, but I'm not sure what would give him confidence in Whedon at the helm of the film.

Granted I haven't seen Thor or Captain America yet though. Thor looks pretty crap though. I can already tell that Thor is going to suck, it just looks too cheesy. They should have gone with a more Nordic type image of him and left out the giant CGI robots and garbage that just won't translate that well in a story about a Scandinavian God, even the comic iteration of the character which had all that crap... I just don't see how that stuff is going to "work" in the film.

Cap'n America actually looks pretty decent though. I don't know that much about Joe Johnston who is directing CA: The First Avenger, but although the movie looks good, it's going to have to really be something special to be as good as the Iron Man movies which were pretty top notch.

Still looking forward to this, and when it comes to Summer Blockbusters... numbers don't lie and Favreau delivered them with the Iron Man franchise. But Whedon has NEVER had a successful major film.

Samuel L. Jackson flyin' the flag for black people? :shift:

Pumped. I can't wait for this film to come out!

looks to much like "ultimate" version of Fury i have always been a huge fan of the WW2 veteran howling commando version of the character

he looks like him, because "ultimate" Nick Fury was based upon the man himself.

Indeed. The Ultimate Universe is becoming a large source for reference for many of these Marvel movies, it seems that Hawk Eye may be more 'Ultimate' than 616 which is good (at least in my opinion). It is strange though because the Ultimate Universe is less popular ever since 'Ultimatum'.

I'm not a big comic guy, so bare with my ignorance, but I thought Spiderman was in marvel? Why isn't he in the movie?

Because the Avengers are a group, not just every Marvel hero. Spider-Man was an Avenger for a bit but this movie is looking at the main Avengers.

Interested in seeing how this pans out myself..So pissed Ruffalo is in this as the Hulk and not Norton thou.

Excited about this... yet afraid that Joss Whedon is going to f*ck it up. Mostly because he wrote the screenplay. I'd be cool with him directing this, but not writing it.

This has me worried too hope Favreau and the rest of the team step in and don't let Whedon destroy this movie thou.

Damn right. Classic Nick Fury is one of the greatest characters in comic history. Ultimate Nick Fury was part of the reason I never gave the Ultimate Universe a realistic shot.

I'm not sure if I'll watch it. I still have yet to watch Iron Man despite enjoying the first movie. My dislike of ScarJo as Black Widow knows no end.

Damn right. Classic Nick Fury is one of the greatest characters in comic history. Ultimate Nick Fury was part of the reason I never gave the Ultimate Universe a realistic shot.

I'm not sure if I'll watch it. I still have yet to watch Iron Man despite enjoying the first movie. My dislike of ScarJo as Black Widow knows no end.

Ultimate Nick Fury is awesome, there's a large dynamic to him, especially later on. And what's your problem with ScarJo as Black Widow, she's a pretty good actress.

So pissed Ruffalo is in this as the Hulk and not Norton thou.

Ruffalo is a really good actor! Sure, it would make sense to have Norton play Banner again, but Ruffalo is a great choice.

Only good part he had was in the movie Where The Wild Things Are as the mother's boyfriend and never spoke, other then that he is shitty actor.. Sorry man can't sway me on it xd

• 2 months later...

The trailer was leaked, and I'm not gonna post it here, there'll be no sense since it'll be taken down instantly. So I got some screencaps for you. I was told I'm allowed to post leaks in spoilers, so if you don't want costume changes spoiled for you, don't click.

vx1aF.png

mznR8.png

RuoIc.png

O88TU.png

LUba3.png

Also when replying, please spoiler tag any opinions.

Archived