Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No separate universes because that will just get convoluted and confusing for people who don't understand the cinematic universe thing.Especially when you have them team up or face-off for a random one off movie that doesn't even take place in the MCU?

FOX already screwed up their timelines with alt Earths and histories and random team-ups so Marvel/Disney should stray far away from that. The movies don't need to mention the TV shows. they exist in the same universe and thats that. We do not need Captain America and Vision talking about Iron Fist or Jessica Jones. Also it's not a far cry to believe that Nick Fury is still very much in-tune and involved with the happenings of Agents of Shield, we barely see Fury in the movies anyway so we don't need to waste his precious on-screen time with a random nods to a TV show. The Earth and the universe is a big place, all this stuff can happen concurrently without references between them all. It's clear Disney and Marvel have been building this MCU as one big anthology style TV show, they aren't about to create things that take place outside of that because it's going against their 10+ year business model. Especially considering they have only just gotten back huge characters like the X-Men and F4.

Also there is no pretending the TV shows take place in the same canon as the movies, they just do. Again, things don't need to be referenced to take place in the same world. There are plenty things happening in other countries that I don't talk about. Even the same country.

Also there is no pretending the TV shows take place in the same canon as the movies, they just do. Again, things don't need to be referenced to take place in the same world. There are plenty things happening in other countries that I don't talk about. Even the same country.

Well your job isn't to protect the planet from catastrophic events, so why would you need to know what's going on in other countries, especially if they weren't gonna affect you?

The Avengers, however, do. They travel the world to keep it safe. Yet, when you have sheeit happening right in Cap's back yard, happening right in the immediate area of Stark Tower, nobody says or does anything. HYDRA is very much an ongoing Cap issue, but the Hive situation jumped onto no one's radar? If Hive had succeeded, that might've been a mess too huge for the Avenger's to clean up. Many, at one once, innocent people would've had to die, not only those who failed terragenesis, but those who completed transformation that are now under Hive control through no fault of their own would have to be put down.

So I say "pretend", probably not the best term. Sure, they "are" in theory a part of the Universe by design, but too much has happened in these shows to just ignore. No the movies don't have to mention everything but for the love of Bob mention something. Right now, we just "assume" the Avengers know about all this sheeit, at least the major stuff, but out of everything that happened for Fury, Hill, and Sif to be the only ones to be involved creates this disconnected you'd be crazy to ignore.

Well your job isn't to protect the planet from catastrophic events, so why would you need to know what's going on in other countries, especially if they weren't gonna affect you?

The Avengers, however, do. They travel the world to keep it safe. Yet, when you have sheeit happening right in Cap's back yard, happening right in the immediate area of Stark Tower, nobody says or does anything. HYDRA is very much an ongoing Cap issue, but the Hive situation jumped onto no one's radar? If Hive had succeeded, that might've been a mess too huge for the Avenger's to clean up. Many, at one once, innocent people would've had to die, not only those who failed terragenesis, but those who completed transformation that are now under Hive control through no fault of their own would have to be put down.

So I say "pretend", probably not the best term. Sure, they "are" in theory a part of the Universe by design, but too much has happened in these shows to just ignore. No the movies don't have to mention everything but for the love of Bob mention something. Right now, we just "assume" the Avengers know about all this sheeit, at least the major stuff, but out of everything that happened for Fury, Hill, and Sif to be the only ones to be involved creates this disconnected you'd be crazy to ignore.

Not sure what you're missing. They do exist, in canon, in the same universe. That is canon, it's non negotiable. Whether you feel like they should reference The Defenders is your problem. Who says they don't know them or reference them? We don't see every day in the lives of The Avengers or Shield, so who says Cap hasn't talked about the rumours of the Devil of Hells Kitchen to Falcon? Using this logic Nick Fury and Maria Hill and whoever else in Shield would be constantly communicating with the people in AoS (as they are part of the same organisation) or monitoring Frank Castle, but we don't see every day in their lives either (same with that shows cast.)

I can guarantee that Shield know about The Hand or the tradition of the Immortal Iron Fists. I'm sure Dr. Strange and the Sanctum Sanctorum have contact with Kun Lun. We just don't need to see or hear a reference for the hell of it. There is no need for it unless it feeds into the story.

Lol no, not really. But I can see how it can be seen as such. It's just refreshing in general to see people who are fans of something use actual logic instead of mindlessly complaining about the logic they seem to think it lacks.

What you said is such a simple but obvious answer and I never understood why people think a direct reference to something that may have happened ages ago is necessary.

Yes, things not being mentioned is my problem. You're absolutely correct Creep.

I am right in saying we just have to "assume" these characters are aware of everything because they haven't said otherwise. I'll leave at that.

Yes, things not being mentioned is my problem. You're absolutely correct Creep.

I am right in saying we just have to "assume" these characters are aware of everything because they haven't said otherwise. I'll leave at that.

No you are wrong again. We dont have to assume they are aware of everything, we just have to assume they are aware of more than what we hear them talk about on screen.

There are some likely connections like the Sanctum Sanctorum & Kun Lun, Spiderman has probably heard about The Defenders activity and Nick Fury being colleagues with the AOS crew and Shield more than likely keeping tabs on heightened individuals across the world.

Black Panther will for sure be a major Avenger following Infinity War for a variety of factors; his character just looks cool on screen and his actions scenes can be diverse, if Iron Man takes a step down they will need another benefactor with another endless supply of resources and hey, it doesn't hurt that he is of an ethnic minority. Plus BP is a major comic book character so they would be dumb not to include him in a big way. I guess they can have him and Storm get married now too.

Can't wait for that movie.

Not as good, maybe apart from JJ. JJ is not an action-heavy show like the others, it's more noire and detective-y. David Tennant is amazing as Kilgrave, possibly my favourite MCU villain. Luke Cage was a solid show, but loses steam toward the end, Iron Fist was a joke and I think many people would consider The Defenders a bit of a disappointment even though I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

I would put The Punisher up there with Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Archived