Offical SummerSlam Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. Quick recap of SummerSlam (worst to best):

3-Way Diva's Tag Team Match

I see why they had Team B.A.D. eliminated first, but good grief. That match dragged on and on and on with the Bellas and PCB at the end. Look I know it was a 4-hour show, but did we really have to endure almost 30 minutes of the Bellas in the ring? Especially God awful Brie? What did we do to deserve that? PCB won, thank God, cause they've already been jammed down our throats for a year and a half. Enough already.

Ryback vs Miz vs Big Show

The less we talk about this, the better.

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

Oh good grief. Well, Orton has been consistently entertaining and the fans really like him. Gotta give him credit for that.

But Sheamus? Good Lord. He killed it for me.

Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper vs Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose

Those boos for Roman Reigns though. He's still recovering from the WrestleMania push and it clearly showed in this match. Hey, Vince. You might not remember what you ate for breakfast today but the fans don't forget your idiocy.

Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev

The match was getting good until the double countout finish which killed it for me. I know exactly what they're gonna do next month but that ending was, eh.

King Barrett and Stardust vs Neville and Stephen Amell

This was really good. Nevile was great as always, Amell looked really good in there as a babyface in peril. Stardust is awesome and Barrett was just there. Amell looked good, he really did.

Cesaro vs Kevin Owens

I expected a bit too much, especially with the ladder match Owens had. I forgot to take that into consideration. It was a fun match, but putting it in the dead spot was not really helping.

Fatal Four Way for the WWE Tag Team championship

WHY.....did this not start SummerSlam? This was a fun match. I also loved how one of the Matadors fell off the top rope and the other one jumped right up to finish (well saved). But that New Day celebration was the highlight of the night for me. Tears were literally coming out of my eyes at these three goofballs. I love it. And the fact that the crowd went from "New Day sucks" during the match to "NEW DAY" after the match was great. They love these guys.

Seth Rollins vs John Cena

Did WWE re-hire Vince Russo or something? Cause that ending was kinda retarded. The match was great as every Cena/Rollins match has been. But the one thing I liked? The roles changed in the match. Rollins was clearly the babyface and Cena was acting more heelish to me. So they had that and they had to give us a heel ending. Despite the ending, the match was great.

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

I really liked this match. It was so much better than their WrestleMania 30 match and some of the spots were just damn hilarious. Taker sitting up and laughing at Brock's face, hilarious. Brock's selling of that chokeslam was ridiculous and Brock going "FU, crazy old ass man" at the end was awesome. I know people hated the ending but Gen's response sums up my thoughts perfectly.

My biggest pet peeve was the set as usual. They couldn't even come up with a set based off of Brooklyn? How hard is it to make a unique set and make SummerSlam feel special? Gimme a break. Overall, I thought it was a good show.

Missed Cena/Rollins, IC Title, and Ambreigns/Wyatts. Any of them worth catching up?

Cena vs. Rollins definitely is. I didn't think the tag team match was too impressive, but I did like it since Harper and Ambrose. Bonus points if you love Superman punch.

Shortly after SummerSlam went off air, fan shot videos began to appear of Undertaker walking backstage following his controversial victory over Brock Lesnar in the main event. In the videos, the fifty year old future Hall of Famer braces himself against the stage wall before falling down out of frame.

https://twitter.com/Cultof619/status/635671553557012480

https://twitter.com/Jromer0/status/635670009587437568

Taker worked much harder in the seventeen minute match than many of us thought possible, and he was breathing heavily after just a few minutes of action. But his age and weariness were also integral to the story they were telling, as The Dead Man even grasped his chest at one point as a way to lure Lesnar in for a submission attempt.

Was he selling when exiting the Barclays Center floor? We'll likely never know, but a veteran like Undertaker would know that he was still in fan view when he went down, so I'm thinking work. Reports from later in the night have him walking into his hotel with wife Michelle McCool. Compare those to post-WrestleMania 30 , when he left the Superdome in an ambulance, and we're probably okay.

The Beast Incarnate's advocate is crowing about the reports that his client took Taker to the limit again, but Paul Heyman did that when Brock really did send The Phenom to the hospital in 2014. It's hard to play "work or shoot" with a master like Heyman.

https://twitter.com/HeymanHustle/status/635825845807001600

No matter what, hopefully Undertaker is resting up after a grueling bout - especially considering that there look to more matches in this program before he can go gently into that good night.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/8/24/9197791/video-undertaker-collapsing-after-wwe-summerslam-should-we-be-worried

jabronie marks without a life don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot

I'm really curious about Jon Stewart's motivations.

Money. Rollins paid him off.

I saw a post of them saying Stewart didn't want Cena to get Flair's record, in the same way he said he didn't want the streak to end.

Rollins attire...I laughed when he first came out (everyone did). Hard.

Then it grew on me.

I'm probably the only person that loved it the second I saw it. God Rollins was so gotdamn amazing last night

Rollins attire...I laughed when he first came out (everyone did). Hard.

Then it grew on me.

I'm probably the only person that loved it the second I saw it. God Rollins was so gotdamn amazing last night
I was hooked on it too. Got that HBK WrestleMania 25 vibe from him. I find it so cocky for a heel to wear white.

Rollins was on fire last night. That superplex into Falcon Arrow was one of the best things I've seen in a long time and I hoped the match would have ended then.

Rollins truly is the total package. He's got the look, the persona and the arsenal of moves to back it up.

Archived