Save Corrupted - anyway to salvage my CAWs?

redzer

My game froze and crashed after a Universe match and I go back in the game to find that my save data has been corrupted. It wants me to make a new file but before I do, I am wondering if there is a way to at least save my CAWs or possibly the entire save. Thanks.

The only way I know of will require you to redo their movesets(IIRC) and all their personal details (Name, Entrance Name, etc.)

1) Move all your CAS* files from your save directory to another directory then create the new save.

2) Then create a new wrestler in the game. Exit the game and copy the first CAS files back into the save directory, overwriting the existing files.

3) Restart the game and fix the moveset/entrance/personal info.

4) Repeat the steps for each CAW you want to restore.

If you want to save some time and you know how many CAWS you had before the crash, you can just create that many default caws and then move all your original CAS* files back at once.

This has worked for me in the past, since it's usually the MAIN* files that get corrupted.

this sounds like what happened with my created logos ( my caws were there but all the logos were gone) I had to reinstall the game and lost every thing ........ now everytime I quit the game I backop my save folder .just in case a file gets corrupted I have a relieable back up .........I hope you dont have to go thru the whole reinstall

Using the method presented by Carlzilla, I was able to keep my CAWs and career mode file. Everything else including the movesets/entrances are gone, but its better than nothing. Since my career file stayed intact I was able to just copy my CAW there back over and paste his moveset over to the other copy. I just copied all of the files except for the MAIN ones and that was the result.

Thank you very much for the help.

Archived