Kurt Angle’s Surgery To Remove A Neck Tumor Was A Success

Ziggy Vercetti

"During the last round of June Impact Wrestling tapings, Kurt Angle announced that he would be taking time off to have a tumour in his neck surgically removed. The great news is that Angle is up and about, and the surgery was a complete success.

The other good news is that these pictures reaffirm my belief that, with every surgery, doctors are just slowly rebuilding The Cyborg with parts from George The Animal Steele and a 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit.

Through the magic of television, Angle was able to get his rematch against the current (and hopefully forever) TNA World Heavyweight Champion EC3 last night. Were psyched that the tumor was benign and Angle is on the road to recovery, and we wish Angle all the best so he can get back to losing on the reg to Ethan Carter III."

Source

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/07/kurt-angles-surgery-to-remove-a-neck-tumor-was-a-success/

Great news :)

- Kurt Angle's reps announced on Twitter that Angle was rushed to the hospital by his wife yesterday after he lost feeling in his extremities and was having trouble breathing. Doctors found that Angle had a large build-up of fluid on his spinal card, a complication from having the benign tumor removed from his neck last week. Angle underwent surgery to relieve the pressure and will be missing a London Comic Con appearance this weekend.

Angle's management did note that he is feeling well. No word yet if he will be able to wrestle at next week's TNA Impact Wrestling tapings. They tweeted the following:

Friends and Fan this is a message from Mr Angles Management. Yesterday while Mr Angle was preparing for his travel to the UK for Comic Con

Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) July 16, 2015

he was experiencing sever pain, he lost feeling in his extremities, and starting to have some difficulty breathing. His wife, Giovanni,

very concerned rushed him to the hospital, where doctors informed Kurt that his symptoms were the result of his recent surgery that left a

large buildup of fluid on his spinal cord. Since the condition could be fatal, they immediately underwent emergency surgery to relieve the

pressure on his spine. The surgery went well and doctors believe he will have a full recovery. Kurt apologies to his friends and fans that

He will not be appearing at Comic Con in London this weekend as hoped. Kurt is doing well and we will keep you posted on his progress.

http://dlvr.it/BXttyQ

Just call it quits before you kill yourself, Kurt. This is getting scary now. I'm pretty sure Angle will die in the ring. That's not a joke. I legitimately believe that will happen

Man :( *Censored* TNA for trying to overpush this old man.

Kurt signed the new contract and Destination America wanted him as the face.
why would they let the TV to be mear storyline & bookings? Its not like they dont have their own storyline writer & decision makers. God.

Man :( *Censored* TNA for trying to overpush this old man.

Kurt signed the new contract and Destination America wanted him as the face.
why would they let the TV to be mear storyline & bookings? Its not like they dont have their own storyline writer & decision makers. God.

Lol, what?

In case anyone hasn't seen the topic in the WWE Universe section...

Former WWE and TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle wants his last match to be against Daniel Bryan, then hell retire. As previously reported,

Angle is currently recovering from two neck surgeries that he underwent over the last 30 days.

The Olympic Gold Medalist recently took to his official website, KurtAngleBrand.com, to blog about his current wrestling Dream Match, which just so happens to be against WWE superstar Daniel Bryan. After writing about which superstars of the past he would have loved to have worked with, and after complimenting WWE Hall of Famers that hes worked with before such as Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero, and others, Angle discusses working with Bryan, among other WWE superstars.

He writes,

Epic matches in the future? The first that comes to mind is Daniel Bryan. He is Shawn Michaels reborn. I would love to retire against a wrestler I believe has won over the hearts of millions of fans. How did he win their hearts?

Hes that good. Give me 30 minutes with Daniel Bryan and I will give you the match of the century.

He goes on to mention a few other WWE names, such as current WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins, Cesaro, Rusev,King Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, and Roman Reigns. These are men Angle wants to wrestle before he hangs up his boots for good.

Angle is still under contract with TNA Wrestling until the remainder of the year, although it is unclear of when hell be able to return to IMPACT WRESTLING programming, as the company is taping TV episodes through November currently in Orlando, Florida, and Angle is out healing from his surgeries. Angle had his first procedure to remove a benign tumor from his neck. The second surgery was an emergency procedure done as a result of the first surgery. Pressure was building up on Angles spine, and he was rushed to a medical facility to alleviate the situation.

Before Angle re-signed with TNA Wrestling, he was campaigning for an offer from WWE. Its blatantly obvious that Angle really wants to return to where he got his start in the business and work with these up-and-coming technical wrestlers. However, unless their mindsets change before Angle decides to retire for good, Triple H and Vince McMahon do not want Angle back in WWE. Theres speculation regarding why, but no official reason has been given.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/kurt-angle-wants-his-last-match-to-be-against-daniel-bryan/37271/

• 4 weeks later...

Don't blame Triple h and Vince, I wouldn't want Angle to die in my ring either.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason. Didn't WWE release him in the first place because of worries over his health?

I do hope he does at least a legends contract - Angle should be in the HOF.

Archived