Out of basic principle and self respect, PLEASE do not pre-order 2k16

rwc650

I haven't pre-ordered yet...but I will (from Amazon, and whenever they announce who the DLC will be).

I'm going to buy the damn game anyway. I can spare the $60. And I really don't have any reason not to preorder. And not pre-ordering will do nothing to improve the future games. I don't know why this discussion occurs every single year.

But uh, for just 50 cents a day you can sponsor a starving kid in Africa. With those $60 you theoretically could be sponsoring 100 kids. You'd be a f*cking God mate. The choice is yours.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valid points are made but am I the only one who thinks marketing for 2k16 is following the same pattern as 2k15? If anyone like me was let down by 2k15, I'll check for more info post-release and maybe look for a price drop. Is tough to decide especially when some are still making the jump to current gen too.

last year was the first time I actually cancelled a pre order, and that was because I found out how much they had removed from the game. I got it on last gen despite the fact I own a PS4, but I eventually got it on next gen because I was curious about what I was missing. needless to say, I wasted my money, because the game was awful, and 2ks marketing for it was even worse. I was hoping they would have learned their lesson by now, but sadly, it looks like they havn't

First off, I have supported this series since day 1, and 2k itself since 2000. Never have I felt more slapped in the face and disrespected than what 2k/Take-Two pulled with the 2k15 release.
It's not the fact that we got a stripped out game; releases on new systems tend to be that way. Fair enough.
It's the outright deception led by 2k in the manner of how they treated us last year. With-holding 95% of the relevant information we would have liked to know until the last few days before release, in most cases having to find out these surprises by people who managed to get the game early!!
I don't who in their marketing department thought this was the best course of action, but they should be ashamed of how they played us. And where have they been the last 6 months?? We got a hostile Marcus, who wouldn't let us voice our anger without threat of ban (his hostility was not all his fault, he was getting antagonized) and then nothing but silence after that.
I know some of you are such devoted fanboys that you'll attack or ignore this post, but we have a voice, and while they act like they don't hear it, they DO. I don't care if this years game is the second coming of No Mercy, has the most depth ever, and they tell us every nugget of detail. Last year left such a bitter taste in my mouth I will NOT support them with a pre-order or even new-game purchase.
I hope they see this post, and the subsequent replies to it. B.S. like last year can't and SHOULDN'T happen to us again. Alot of us have supported this game/series/company for so long, and it's absolutely criminal what they pulled on us.

I wont be ordering until I see the roster and gameplay.

all jokes aside, who thinks gameplay will be improved this time & who's thinking its last years game with a bigger roster and more bells & whistles

I believe every aspect will be greatly improved but if it turns out to mostly just be a much bigger roster and bells & whistles then I'll be fine with that too..since my biggest problem with 2K15 is the removed features,match types and modes

I haven't bought the game in the past 3 years (last game was wwe12). I'll try it out via gamefly but that's basically it for me.

I try not to pre-order any game tbh. I hate how now a days everything is pre-order to get "exclusive" content and then the whole DLC thing, smh.

I was always 100% against pre-orders and DLCs. But dude, you can't simply tell people what to do, I find it stupid that people still spend money on crap even if they are aware that it's crap but I'm not the guy who has the right to say they can't do it.

It's their money, let them spend it on whatever they want.

I was always 100% against pre-orders and DLCs. But dude, you can't simply tell people what to do, I find it stupid that people still spend money on crap even if they are aware that it's crap but I'm not the guy who has the right to say they can't do it.

It's their money, let them spend it on whatever they want.

Winner

Just because someone thinks something is crap,it doesn't actually mean it is and someone's trash is another's treasure! I personally think 2K15 is a great game in terms of gameplay and graphics..which is most important(gameplay).

Could it be better? Oh yeah,definetly and I sure hope it's improved upon in 2K16 but my major issues for 2K15 is the removal of features,match types and modes. Hopefully they all return and improved for the new game!

As far as marketing, It is extremely important for 2K to show off the game properly but you're all acting like its the only way to get info when there many different ways such as.. Preview articles from websites,People getting try out the game at events then posting about it on twitter and youtube(mostly poor quality but still something),early reviews and people who manage to get games early somehow and leak a who,e ton of stuff all over online and even stream it days before release day. That's enough info to pre-order or of course wait a few days after all reviews from all over are out including fan reviews

I don't really get why anyone would pre-order in the first place. I want to know what I'm buying. I usually wait a week after release, and check out heaps of reviews and gameplay before I consider buying the game.

Because you get the game guaranteed when it releases, and with games like WWE and NBA, free shit.

Archived