Out of basic principle and self respect, PLEASE do not pre-order 2k16

rwc650

First off, I have supported this series since day 1, and 2k itself since 2000. Never have I felt more slapped in the face and disrespected than what 2k/Take-Two pulled with the 2k15 release.
It's not the fact that we got a stripped out game; releases on new systems tend to be that way. Fair enough.
It's the outright deception led by 2k in the manner of how they treated us last year. With-holding 95% of the relevant information we would have liked to know until the last few days before release, in most cases having to find out these surprises by people who managed to get the game early!!
I don't who in their marketing department thought this was the best course of action, but they should be ashamed of how they played us. And where have they been the last 6 months?? We got a hostile Marcus, who wouldn't let us voice our anger without threat of ban (his hostility was not all his fault, he was getting antagonized) and then nothing but silence after that.
I know some of you are such devoted fanboys that you'll attack or ignore this post, but we have a voice, and while they act like they don't hear it, they DO. I don't care if this years game is the second coming of No Mercy, has the most depth ever, and they tell us every nugget of detail. Last year left such a bitter taste in my mouth I will NOT support them with a pre-order or even new-game purchase.
I hope they see this post, and the subsequent replies to it. B.S. like last year can't and SHOULDN'T happen to us again. Alot of us have supported this game/series/company for so long, and it's absolutely criminal what they pulled on us.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with what you've said, their marketing was atrocious last year, and so was the game.
The sad thing is, I have lost hope for wwe games.
For 2K16, I feel they would only be capable of making slight upgrades to whatever we already have in the game, and that is not good enough.

I'd probably wait until further confirmed information to decide, but I'm always 100% bought a new WWE game and never once I skip one.

Which is what I'll be doing, and if I feel that 2K16 isn't what I expect it to be? I'll just skip it. Not like I'll be missing out tbh, got Fallout 4 to look forward to in Nov lol.

The principle of it is wrong in a way but It's my own money and I know my likes, Self respect? Um yeah no that's f'n stupid to bring hat into this.

If I like what I hear and see about this game and decide to pre-order digitally like my other games so I can download&install it a week in advance and to get free early aces to a bonus character or item that I think I'll enjoy then I will do just that! You are no one to be telling others what to do and especially claiming principle and self respect.

I agree that their marketing last year sucked and showed no respect to the consumer. However, I'll still make my own decision as to whether or not to preorder or even buy it. The roster was small and unimpressive last year, but It looks as though that problem will be fixed (fingers crossed). If they can tweak the gameplay a bit, improve universe mode, fix the creation suite, and impress me with the "stone cold mode" then I'll probably get suckered into it pretty easily. 2k15 was my least favorite wwe game since 2011, but i still played the hell out of it as usual.

If you replied to this thread that I was "telling" you what to do, go ahead and slap yourself, and then re-read my post. IN NO WAY was I telling anyone what to do. I was making a case for why we shouldn't reward 2k after what they pulled with us last year. You honestly feel ok rushing out to pre-order a game that you have no idea will be good or not, that you have no idea about any information? Or maybe it's fully acceptable to you that they withhold all information and drop the bomb 3 days before release, when the orders are already locked in.

And like I said, even if this game turns out to be great on paper and tons of previews--why reward their awful and deceptive marketing practices??

Shout out to those of you who used some logic and reason in your replies--whether you agreed with me or not. I strongly feel against rewarding them on what they did to us last year, and I'm shocked that so many people seem to be ok with this. It makes no sense.

Nah, I'll decide for myself whether or not to preorder the game.

If you replied to this thread that I was "telling" you what to do, go ahead and slap yourself, and then re-read my post. IN NO WAY was I telling anyone what to do. I was making a case for why we shouldn't reward 2k after what they pulled with us last year. You honestly feel ok rushing out to pre-order a game that you have no idea will be good or not, that you have no idea about any information? Or maybe it's fully acceptable to you that they withhold all information and drop the bomb 3 days before release, when the orders are already locked in.

And like I said, even if this game turns out to be great on paper and tons of previews--why reward their awful and deceptive marketing practices??

Shout out to those of you who used some logic and reason in your replies--whether you agreed with me or not. I strongly feel against rewarding them on what they did to us last year, and I'm shocked that so many people seem to be ok with this. It makes no sense.

Please, do point out in my post that states I'm okay with 2K's shitty marketing? If you were around last summer, you'd know I despise their market strategy.

Please, do point out in my post that states I'm okay with 2K's shitty marketing? If you were around last summer, you'd know I despise their market strategy.

I wasn't referring to you as you would fit into the 3rd paragraph, but if the shoe fits....

I wasn't referring to you as you would fit into the 3rd paragraph, but if the shoe fits....

Yeah well, I am just sick and tired of the same old tripe people post every year on here. "We're fanboys, and will buy the game anyway!" But I obviously misread your post, so you can disregard the above reply.

I keep putting money into the machine because I get the WWE game every year the day it comes out. No matter how bad the game is(08/10/12) it is still my top played game all year

wasnt 2008 that good gm mode or was it 2009 :D whatever i am buying this game since

wwf attitude on ps1 :)

i only waiting this time for the special edition if there is oone to preorder 2 years ago

i payed twice cuz of the undertaker casket edition xD

Archived