WWE 2K16 Cover Art

oof

This was kind of unexpected for me, which is nice. Was really expecting Lesnar, Reigns or Rollins though.

On another note, this actually makes me a little more skeptical on how the roster will actually look this year, will it still be predominately current or will there also be a fair of AE superstars this year?

It's gotta be the predominantly current as priority #1. Now if they got EVERY current star in the game and then matched that amount with legends I wouldn't care. But the whole current roster should be in the game.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn i don't really care who's on the cover, not like I'll be jacking off to it.

Austin is a badass. Rollins is a bitch.

Attitude Era was badass. This current era(minus Brock) is bitch-made. Go figure why they stuck Austin on it.

I can live with this

*Censored*s acting like they're forced to stare at the cover once they buy the game :lol:

This is exactly the case actually. Every time you load up the damn game you have to see that stupid picture of Cena lol I hate it. It was just as bad as 2k14, every time you went into the main menu you have to see Rock's thighs. The "cover art" really isn't "just on the cover" so people should stop acting like it's that way.
I think, especially with having Austin on the cover, it sets a uneasy tone for some people as well. It could easily mean the focus is more on austins career and legends, than any of the current material. I don't think(maybe more hope than think) we will see just a classic storyline,but only time will tell. I was kind of hoping for a rise of the shield storyline.but maybe next year. It's probably stupid, but what annoys me is these filmed trailers with no gameplay. I know it's a little thing, trying to build excitement, but after last year with Sting, I was hoping for something different.

I can live with this

*Censored*s acting like they're forced to stare at the cover once they buy the game :lol:

This is exactly the case actually. Every time you load up the damn game you have to see that stupid picture of Cena lol I hate it. It was just as bad as 2k14, every time you went into the main menu you have to see Rock's thighs. The "cover art" really isn't "just on the cover" so people should stop acting like it's that way.

I think, especially with having Austin on the cover, it sets a uneasy tone for some people as well. It could easily mean the focus is more on austins career and legends, than any of the current material. I don't think(maybe more hope than think) we will see just a classic storyline,but only time will tell. I was kind of hoping for a rise of the shield storyline.but maybe next year.

Unlikely without CM Punk.

How many of the current roster is used btw? I wonder if they'lll just be putting in guys used on RAW, Smackdown and NXT consistently or will they also put in guys used sometimes on a show like main event? If Austin is getting a showcase than it probably won't be a lot of guys from that era considering the matches were reptitive(superstar wise) back then with DX, B.O.D and The Rock and a few others.

I don't mind the cover. Didn't bother me seeing John Cena every loading screen (I mean, now it is after reading this and being conscious of it, lol) I am just getting tired of "reliving the attitude era". I was born in 94. Any of the 'tude era that was significant that I missed, got in WWE'13.

I can live with this

I think, especially with having Austin on the cover, it sets a uneasy tone for some people as well. It could easily mean the focus is more on austins career and legends, than any of the current material. I don't think(maybe more hope than think) we will see just a classic storyline,but only time will tell. I was kind of hoping for a rise of the shield storyline.but maybe next year.

Unlikely without CM Punk.
Ahh, that is true. They are some of my favorite current workers. Oh well, my favorite era was ruthless aggression. It was a good mix of edgy storyline and great wrestling. But I doubt they focus on any of that due to contracts and deaths. Attitude eras undercard is what I enjoyed, I'm sure I'm in the minority in that age demographic.

This was kind of unexpected for me, which is nice. Was really expecting Lesnar, Reigns or Rollins though.

On another note, this actually makes me a little more skeptical on how the roster will actually look this year, will it still be predominately current or will there also be a fair of AE superstars this year?

It's gotta be the predominantly current as priority #1. Now if they got EVERY current star in the game and then matched that amount with legends I wouldn't care. But the whole current roster should be in the game.

Yeah, It would be nice for them to include the entire current and NXT rosters. At least for NXT include everyone on its roster, which I doubt.

Damn i don't really care who's on the cover, not like I'll be jacking off to it.

Attitude Era was badass. This current era(minus Brock) is bitch-made. Go figure why they stuck Austin on it.

The Attitude Era was *censored*ing awful lol, shit was corny as *Censored*, Jackass-esque cringe.

The Attitude Era was *censored*ing awful lol, shit was corny as *Censored*, Jackass-esque cringe.

Okay dude. Not turning this into a debate because quite frankly there is none. But I'd take ''jackass-esque cringe'' over Playhouse Disney any day. And if we take a second to look at WWE's mainstream popularity id say that the majority of the world agree with me too. But each to their own.

Salty.

Seems kinda odd to put a guy on the cover who hasn't wrestled for over 13 years, i mean i just think a current wrestler should be on there like Rollins, Lesnar or Reigns. A cover with Austin just seems like a bonus cover you'd get not the actual cover of the game thats gonna be on the shelf's in stores.

Please don't tell me we're getting yet another attitude era mode in the game. Would it be too much to ask to get a ruthless aggression era mode? I'd like to get some of those guys in the game for once, we got a small taste of them in 2K15 with Triple H' and HBK's rivalry.

Okay dude. Not turning this into a debate because quite frankly there is none. But I'd take ''jackass-esque cringe'' over Playhouse Disney any day. And if we take a second to look at WWE's mainstream popularity id say that the majority of the world agree with me too. But each to their own.

You bring up "Playhouse Disney," which my guess would imply that WWE's rating is that of a Disney show aimed at Toddler, which itself is rated G. There is nothing "PG" about WWE, as the rating says, it's not PG programming, no matter what it says. Bitch, ass, damn, etc wouldn't cut it on PG programming, PG programming doesn't have the level of violence that WWE has. WWE can say whatever they want, it's not PG.

Even then, the AE was PG the first year or so in to the era, don't believe me? Go watch back the RAW after WM 13, the rating at the start of the program says "PG."

Also, do me a favor and go back and watch shows/PPVs from that era, I did, and while that stuff was great at the age I was then, watching back now, it's *censored*ing horrible.
The Attitude Era wasn't about wrestling, it wasn't even about "good storylines," it was about shock-value. ECW started "attitude", WCW copied it, then the WWE copied it last just to survive the Monday Night War. It was all about being as edgy and shocking as possible to push the censors as far as they could, to out-sleaze WCW to keep the fair-weather fans tuning in. Those 4+ ratings were generated by the fair-weather viewers who only "joined" to watch the sleaze-war between WCW and the WWE, to see how low those companies could sink, to see how far they could push the censors and not get fined and/or canceled. The shows (WCW AND the WWE) weren't about "entertainment," it was about sleaze. I keep using that word because that's what drove both companies during this time. Why do you think shows like Jerry Springer have endured all these years? Because it appeals to the lowest "car wreck" mentality of viewers. There is nothing good about a car wreck, but a whole lot of people will stop and look at the carnage, the broken and sometimes dead bodies, the wreckage strewn across the road.
Necrophilia, electrocution, infidelity, gang beatings, mutilation, bleeding buckets, human sacrifices, half-naked women, sexually-charged "storylines" cussing non-stop, anarchy, bucking authority, fighting God, hardcore matches just to have them. That ain't wrestling. That's a Jerry Springer show.
When that garbage ended, so too did the fair-weather viewers who only tuned in to see THAT. Ratings went back to normal.
People using the inflated ratings as validation for the Attitude Era are missing the CAUSE of those inflated ratings. It wasn't wrestling fans causing the big ratings, it was bored college kids getting a kick out of the sleaze war between WCW and the WWE. And like rats fleeing a sinking ship when the "attitude" ended they just moved on, never caring about either company in the first place. When they left, and wrestling fans remained, ratings returned to normal.
The Attitude Era had some entertaining characters, yes indeed, but the content of the shows were nothing more than a typical episode of Jerry Springer. Trailer-park trash. The whole Monday Night War was based on both companies trying to out-sleaze each other and appear to the bored college kids as the "bad boy" of television.
"Overrated" doesn't even begin to describe that abomination called the Attitude Era. If that era was as great as some people try to make it out to be, why doesn't the WWE still have that type of programming? I'll tell you why. Crippling injuries, ending careers, drug abuse killing dozens of performers, steroid abuse, Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, big-money sponsors wanting nothing to do with the shit, and the U.S. Government investigating the whole mess to find out why so many performers were being crippled and dying young.
People mention the Divas of that era being "great". Crawling around on all fours barking like a dog, "wrestling" in pudding, doing matches with the goal of tearing each other's clothes off, "live sex" in the middle of the ring, HLA ("hot lesbian action"), jumping around from one male wrestler to the next, dressing like streetwalkers, etc etc etc. That's "great"? The women who could actually wrestle and be entertaining without resorting to sleaze were phased out to be replaced by those who HAD to resort to sleaze to get over.
I could go on but I think I've made my point. The Attitude Era wasn't about wrestling, it was about trying to out-sleaze and push the censors farther than WCW to keep those bored college kids watching another week. It was a cheap way to win a war they were losing, WCW had the better programming then.

NBA 2K16's special edition cover art:

NqIG2fX.jpg

2 goats on 2 different games

Damn why'd they go with Jordan. Should get Elliot Williams on there maaaaan. Jordans been irrelevant for 12 years.

You bring up "Playhouse Disney," which my guess would imply that WWE's rating is that of a Disney show aimed at Toddler, which itself is rated G. There is nothing "PG" about WWE, as the rating says, it's not PG programming, no matter what it says. Bitch, ass, damn, etc wouldn't cut it on PG programming, PG programming doesn't have the level of violence that WWE has. WWE can say whatever they want, it's not PG.

Even then, the AE was PG the first year or so in to the era, don't believe me? Go watch back the RAW after WM 13, the rating at the start of the program says "PG."

Also, do me a favor and go back and watch shows/PPVs from that era, I did, and while that stuff was great at the age I was then, watching back now, it's *censored*ing horrible.
The Attitude Era wasn't about wrestling, it wasn't even about "good storylines," it was about shock-value. ECW started "attitude", WCW copied it, then the WWE copied it last just to survive the Monday Night War. It was all about being as edgy and shocking as possible to push the censors as far as they could, to out-sleaze WCW to keep the fair-weather fans tuning in. Those 4+ ratings were generated by the fair-weather viewers who only "joined" to watch the sleaze-war between WCW and the WWE, to see how low those companies could sink, to see how far they could push the censors and not get fined and/or canceled. The shows (WCW AND the WWE) weren't about "entertainment," it was about sleaze. I keep using that word because that's what drove both companies during this time. Why do you think shows like Jerry Springer have endured all these years? Because it appeals to the lowest "car wreck" mentality of viewers. There is nothing good about a car wreck, but a whole lot of people will stop and look at the carnage, the broken and sometimes dead bodies, the wreckage strewn across the road.
Necrophilia, electrocution, infidelity, gang beatings, mutilation, bleeding buckets, human sacrifices, half-naked women, sexually-charged "storylines" cussing non-stop, anarchy, bucking authority, fighting God, hardcore matches just to have them. That ain't wrestling. That's a Jerry Springer show.
When that garbage ended, so too did the fair-weather viewers who only tuned in to see THAT. Ratings went back to normal.
People using the inflated ratings as validation for the Attitude Era are missing the CAUSE of those inflated ratings. It wasn't wrestling fans causing the big ratings, it was bored college kids getting a kick out of the sleaze war between WCW and the WWE. And like rats fleeing a sinking ship when the "attitude" ended they just moved on, never caring about either company in the first place. When they left, and wrestling fans remained, ratings returned to normal.
The Attitude Era had some entertaining characters, yes indeed, but the content of the shows were nothing more than a typical episode of Jerry Springer. Trailer-park trash. The whole Monday Night War was based on both companies trying to out-sleaze each other and appear to the bored college kids as the "bad boy" of television.
"Overrated" doesn't even begin to describe that abomination called the Attitude Era. If that era was as great as some people try to make it out to be, why doesn't the WWE still have that type of programming? I'll tell you why. Crippling injuries, ending careers, drug abuse killing dozens of performers, steroid abuse, Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart, big-money sponsors wanting nothing to do with the shit, and the U.S. Government investigating the whole mess to find out why so many performers were being crippled and dying young.
People mention the Divas of that era being "great". Crawling around on all fours barking like a dog, "wrestling" in pudding, doing matches with the goal of tearing each other's clothes off, "live sex" in the middle of the ring, HLA ("hot lesbian action"), jumping around from one male wrestler to the next, dressing like streetwalkers, etc etc etc. That's "great"? The women who could actually wrestle and be entertaining without resorting to sleaze were phased out to be replaced by those who HAD to resort to sleaze to get over.
I could go on but I think I've made my point. The Attitude Era wasn't about wrestling, it was about trying to out-sleaze and push the censors farther than WCW to keep those bored college kids watching another week. It was a cheap way to win a war they were losing, WCW had the better programming then.

TL;DR. All this for the cover of a sub par video game. We can talk about it another time not in here.

Archived