Replaying era's vs Custom storylines

BeansOnToast

So recently we've seen more of a replay esq form of storymode instead of a custom road to Wrestlermania/career mode that we got prior to this. Within the last 6 years year so, I'd say my favorite form of story mode was from 2k12. That year it was a 3 piece storyline piece that featured you playing as Triple H, Sheamus and a CAW.

I've never really cared too much for replaying certain era's and I've enjoyed prior story modes that features outlandish storylines. I'm all for a game the heavily focuses on a certain era but I feel as if with the huge roster they have this year that it could open up the potential for some huge branching storylines.

What do ya'll prefer?

*inserts why not both meme*

But in all seriousness, I prefer custom stuff over replaying past storylines. So far I never played any of the story modes that involve playing through past eras or anything of the sort, just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe if there was a rewrite the story type of mode or something I'd be interested.

do we not all want jacob caas back :D

THE FACT IS its easier for them to take this storys from the past and they can bring that eras back to teens from today...

if this were not around so the youngers dont give a f... for the golden savagers hulksters or giants

maybeee the stonecold or dx thing...we could be happy with this

the next step would be for what if storys

I wouldn't be suprised if it was WWE's call to feature these historical play throughs. They love to promote the WWE network as often as possible, these games are doing it too on a subliminal level.

Personally I'm a big fan of old school wrestling & legends, so history shits fine by me. THQ in my opinion never managed to create a decent original story mode, the only times they were good was when they ripped off angles that were currently happening, or recently happened. Showcase is a more structured version of that, without the junk like tagging with King of JR in his home town.

2k15's career mode is the closet to an original story we've seen in years & it's dull as dishwater

New custom stories are a hell of a lot more interesting. Watch old PPVs if you wanna see relive old matches.

Original stories for career mode. That way, they can re-use storylines and play with their own ideas since career mode (should) play like a season mode. I had a suggestion for career storylines: Major storylines, like for instance when HHH became COO and there was the walk-out or like NXT invasion, can play out like they did but use your CAW to align with a side that plays into the next major ppv. So if there was a invasion angle in career that started in RR for instance, you'd receive texts/tweets which has an Face/Heel decision that affects your Face/Heel meter, until the next major PPV (SummerSlam or whatever) where you would get the conclusion. Minor storylines such as "Cheating diva" etc, would help when "The authority doesn't have a push lined up for you" and Vickie Guerrero offers you a dark match.

Replay/Rewrite for Showcase. Promote the Network subliminally, take care of the business in that mode.

If career is here to stay, there needs to be branching stories, many feuds, and cutscene after cutscene.

I'm on both fences. Honestly, (I'll offend every old school fan here) but I don't care about the 80's. I really don't. I'm 19 years old and that wasn't my time, but I do enjoy the Attitude Era, characters and arenas it brings to the games.

On the other hand, the original stories we had in the past were pretty bad.. Boogeyman vs Undertaker at WM...? Tony...? Candice Michelle's magic wand..? Ugh. Just give me something fun to play. I tried to do the ShowCase stuff and it was too boring for me.

I'm on both fences. Honestly, (I'll offend every old school fan here) but I don't care about the 80's. I really don't. I'm 19 years old and that wasn't my time, but I do enjoy the Attitude Era, characters and arenas it brings to the games.

On the other hand, the original stories we had in the past were pretty bad.. Boogeyman vs Undertaker at WM...? Tony...? Candice Michelle's magic wand..? Ugh. Just give me something fun to play. I tried to do the ShowCase stuff and it was too boring for me.

I agree with that. A lot of the RTWM storylines THQ made were cringeworthy. That's not to say all showcases are good. I didn't like One More Match because of how one sided it is.

I hope they never do a custom storyline again. RTWM was usually *censored*ing stupid. Boogeyman vs Undertaker, Zombie Santino. Stupid, RTWM was horrible in SVR11 and WWE 12. Complete garbage.

I have fun playing some of the older storylines, and more importantly they have great unlockables. They've had a winning formula since WWE '13. That better not stop because some younger fans a crying about them bringing up the past.

I'd rather relive a great storyline than be given some stupid script. Plus, that shit should be in career mode anyway, although that mode was a bust. A robust Career Mode and Universe Mode should leave the door wide open for reliving moments in showcase mode.

Both are good. But personally I prefer past storyline or replaying era. It means more alternate attire and arena.

I prefer John Cena 2002 than Tony or attitude era Triple H than zombie Finlay.

Replaying era has a collectible value too. Replaying showcase mode is more fun than RTWM mode.

I hate digging in the past, but Here Comes the Pain had it right with how to do a season mode. Had they implemented the same formula THQ did so many years ago in terms of storylines (the branching storylines & backstage interactions, allowing for creations of tag teams/stables, rivalries, etc. The storylines were borrowed from some that were on TV -- such as your guy getting arrested a la Stone Cold, fighting with the McMahon, etc) that didn't feel repetitive as all hell.

Yeah, those dumb ass stories about Tony, the chicken suit, and Candice Michelle's wand sucked and thinking about it, its funny as hell. :laugh:

I believe 2K should look closely at what makes Mycareer in NBA so fresh. I can pinpoint things such as NBA's post game interviews (which allows you to answer a question related to your previous game performance, said answer influencing team morale, fan support, etc) that should be implemented into WWE's MyCareer which would allow the mode to be fleshed out and really giving your choices weight.

They can't get away with that zombie santino, chicken suit, chicken :poo: now, however.

Archived